Type Private

Tucked away in the beautiful Ft. Caroline area near Jacksonville, Hidden Hills Country Club stands on a historic battleground that witnessed the fierce struggles between France and Spain and continued into golf history with searing competition during the heyday of the Greater Jacksonville Open.

The 6,892-yard private golf course, built in 1966 on an ancient sand dune, was redesigned by Arnold Palmer in 1986. Palmer's creativity helped create a championship-caliber golf course unmatched in natural beauty that makes excellent use of rare hilly terrain to create a unique Florida golf challenge. The fairways are lined with majestic pines and stately oaks, and the unpredictable greens have helped Hidden Hills gain the reputation of being one of the most challenging courses in North Florida.

Sharp doglegs, strategic placement of water hazards and putting surfaces that are mostly elevated serve up a mighty test for the low handicapper. Approaches are narrow and many of Hidden Hills Country Club's greens are well bunkered.

Hidden Hills has a rating of 74.0 from the championship tees, and the slope rating is 136.

Hidden Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1966
Architect Arnold Palmer (1986) Ed Seay (1986) Robert Walker (1986)

Fivesomes Allowed Yes, with permission only
Dress code Collared shirt req, no tanktops or cutoffs

Fitness

Hidden Hills

Terrific course. Great layout. In about the same shape as most Florida courses. Could use a little thicker grass. Some tee boxes were a little eaten up. Playable and enjoyable.

Hidden Hills

Great layout. If this course was plush it would be tremendous. It is in typical Florida public course shape. A little chewed up but very playable. I drove two hours to play there and have done it on more than one occasion.

Commented on 02/26/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u433656135! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course!

Simply Disappointed

I used to live in Jacksonville and played this course numerous times. But I do have to say that it was 15 years ago. I returned to Jacksonville for a short visit to play golf and read all the recent reviews for Hidden Hills and they for the most part were very positive.
But the reviews didn’t correlate with conditions.
To start, the tee boxes were wiped clean of grass. I do realize.that the Bermuda goes dormant in winter but these were totally unacceptable. Fairways were extremely thin and greens were quite slow. I do understand that the green fees are a lot less than they used to be but I was simply disappointed.

Commented on 02/25/2021

Hi, Justbirdies! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Hidden Hills Golf Course!

HH22221

Fairways and tee boxes were winter-thin, greens a little slower than expected but rolled true. Layout, especially the front nine, is very challenging with lots of water in play that is not always apparent from the tee box.; not at all typical of FL golf with it's significant elevation variations on multiple holes. Starter was very friendly and informative.

Commented on 02/25/2021

Your feedback is important to us, u000006510418. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 02/23/2021

Hello, SUREAIM. Thank you for visiting us at Hidden Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 02/23/2021

uPSBR6123PS, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (904) 620-0910. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

If not for the fog

If not for the fog I would have rated my round 5 Star. Haven't played this course in over 13 yrs and course conditions were as expected during winter time in Jax. If not for my playing partners "caddying" for me in the fog I would have been lost. They made the round very enjoyable. The staff was very helpful during check in but after the round not so much. I would like to play this course when I can see it. Hit it long and straight.

Commented on 02/15/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 02/15/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

TIME with friends.

Really enjoyed the day. Course was in decent shape. fairways are a little thin, but happens this time of the year. The greens are a little on the slow side, but looks real nice. Would definitely recommend the course for its layout. Hidden Hills is one of the only courses that offer a hilly design in North Florida.

A Jacksonville must play

The course conditions were not perfect but not bad for the time of year. Some tee boxes and fairways need attention, the bunkers were well placed even though they were wet because of recent rain but all is worth it because of consistent greens and an outstanding course layout. A plus to this is the friendly staff and cart girl, this is surely a must play in Jacksonville!

Commented on 02/09/2021

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 02/09/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hidden Hills Golf Course thanks you!

Course played true.

Course is in great shape compared to the last year or so. It was wet today but the greens still rolled nicely They were still quick with the rain. Tee boxes are in great shape. They didn’t overseed the fairways but that would cost a lot of money bc of how big the course is. Still nice fairways tho

Commented on 02/09/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an even better 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Nice course, good value

We enjoyed the layout and challenge of the course. We'll be back.

Commented on 02/09/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 02/09/2021

Thanks! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an even better 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 01/29/2021

Commented on 01/28/2021

Request A Vacation Quote From Florida's First Coast of Golf
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Florida's First Coast of Golf will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Mayport, Florida