An aerial view from the South course at Pelican Hill Golf Club.

Pelican Hill Golf Club - South

Year Built 1991
Fairways Hybrid Bermuda Grass
Greens Poa Annua/Bent Grass
Architect Tom Fazio (1991) Dennis Wise (1991)

Pitching/Chipping Area No

Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2019 #18)

Over rated

Extremely slow pace of play. Player assistants don’t do anything. Members that play there are very slow.

Enjoyable golf course

Great views and some challenging holes. Greens in very good condition. Fairways ok. Great enjoyment to play this course. Hope to be back to play the North course.

Pelican Hills

Due to recent abnormally wet and cool weather the course was not in top shape. While only so much can be done under these circumstances charging normal rates for a 5 hour round will keep me from returning in the near future.

Best Public Course In OC

Title speaks for itself. This is the best public course in Orange County.

Beautiful

I have played In Hawaii and this was the most beautiful course I have ever played and very challenging.

Spectacular Ocean Views

By far the best course I have ever played. Amazing views of the ocean from the back 9 on the south course. Great practice facility and greens were in pristine condition. Absolutely will be back again. I brought some music business partners to treat them to a game. What a great place for a meeting. Enjoy!

Very Enjoyable Round of Golf

We were lucky to get a hot deal rate for this round. Nice weather, good pace of play. I wish the course had water stations. But that is only a small nitpick.

Perfect Day at Pelican Hill

I was searching Golf Now on Thanksgiving to find a place to play and noticed Pelican Hill South Course was $150???? I looked and it was $150 all day long. I thought this must be a typo so I booked a tee time right away. This was not a “Hot Deal” it was a “Molten Deal” all day long. I showed up Sunday at 10:30am expecting the staff to say this was a glitch, my tee time was at 11:20am, checked in and to my surprise paid my $150 to the very friendly golf staff and it was on. They have complimentary balls on the driving range, as many as you want and a nice practice putting green. We started our round and loved every minute. The tee boxes, fairways and greens were in awesome shape except one green in which my 20 foot putt was going straight at the hole and missed due to it hopping on a divot most likely the guys in front of us who were really slow. Finally at hole 12 they let us pass and no more divots on the greens and very quick pace. We finished in 4 hours 7 minutes. The 18th hole is awesome. Drove over the ravine and landed in the bunker to the left. 5 wood out of the bunker over the other ravine and landed on the fringe in a funky lie and grass. Chipped a bit past the hole and 18 foot putt in for par. Awesome way to finish. For $150 it was an amazing deal and amazing day!!!

Overpriced lunch bag letdown

As all golfers I like to be pleasantly surprised. It gets more difficult to experience this when you pay 300$ for a round of golf. At check in maybe they'd have a bag tag for you not this place. Range facility nice, putting green is the truest rolling green on the course. They haven't soaked it. Some very good looking holes, some stunning ocean views. I am a 9 handicap have lost some distance so played white tees 6000 yes. My best choice. They soaked the course I guess to keep it nice on postcard. There is something wrong when you hit a 3 wood into a par 4 and it plugs on a flat fringe. Mud balls all day. The four caddy provided with the round gives you yardage. That's all carry. The only hole I actually did not like was I think 17 a par 5, long hole hit good driive, good three wood, I then have a blind shot 185 yes uphill to a well bunker green. I nut it it plugs on fringe another mud ball. It will be a long time before I pay this price for a round of golf. My fault as kids say" my bad"

British Columbia Advisor

TOP 10

Pelican Hill is a special place. I love both courses and I look forward to heading to California many times a year to play here.

Typically I play the late afternoon, never have I had any issue with pace of play, the course is immaculate, views are stunning and the overall life experience is why I can't wait to get back there.

Club house, change rooms and all facilities are luxury. I take advantage of the mens room after a round and then head in for a bite to eat.

If your in the area you have to experience Pelican Hill, if not then make a plan to do it.

World class everything!

Excellent weather

Beautiful Course

Thought the course was very nice but the price was above average for the area. The views were spectacular but having played in Hawaii for a third of the price with better views, don't think I would golf here again.

Newport Coast, California
Santa Ana, California
Costa Mesa, California
Municipal/Public
Aliso Viejo, California
Laguna Woods, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.