A view of the 2nd green at Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Whitney Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Johnny Miller (1997) Fred Bliss (1997)

Golf Simulator Yes

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Beverage Carts

Super fun! Super himbling.

For a Calofornia winter, it's in good shape. Hints of aeration here and there, but mostly in good shape. Runnimg in amd out of a subdivision of mini-mansions amd straight-up mansions, the fairways in some places are just a little too skinny for your average golfer. If you're struggling with a 20+ handicap, you'll just frustrate yourself, unless you catch a SUPER deal like I did, in which case you relax and enjoy the scenery and the company.

Commented on 01/18/2022

Hi, Kevin2706736. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Staffing Issues- what a treat.

I have played this track dozens of times. Great challenge. Target golf. The winter rains have been punishing all throughout the valley. At Whitney, the course drains very well. Several wet spots in some of the fairways but for the most part, very acceptable.

The staff, especially for being on a weekend, was less than acceptable.

The Pro Shop:
Upon arriving, my group went to go check in. We waited until we saw someone, no one came. We moseyed around the shop, killing time. Never would I think that it was left unattended. But at this time, we were waiting for greater than 10 minutes. Other pairing came to check in, then another and there still wasn’t a soul around. I thought, maybe he is in the restroom (everyone has a right to take their breaks) but then I heard some laughter coming from the back room office. I walked down the hallway, firmly knocked on the walls, as to let them know that their attention was being asked for, and walked away. Moments later, a man emerges from the room, apologetic. I said, no worries, business comes first.
I WAS STUNNED at his response, laughing, he said, “no, that was anything but business related.”

The Starter:
I’m very aware that it takes a certain kind of personality (or lack there off) to be a starter. After the above fiasco, we went down to check in with the starter to let him know that we had an hour or so before our time out. We continued to do our thing, putt and hit a few balls then putt some more. All the while this guy, like we were the only humans that he had seen in the last year, followed us around on the green. Hole to hole. Chatting about how difficult the course was and how golf works. At first we were kind, nodding and agreeable with his remarks. Then it continues.. and continues. To the point that we were walking away and he still followed us. What in the world?
Lastly,
The Cart Girl:
I have played much golf in my young adult life. There are days that there is And isn’t a beverage cart out and that is understood. However. I haven’t come across many situations when the beverage cart was trying to get as many laps in around the course without stopping. We would waive her down, we would be on the tee box, and this individual didn’t wait, didn’t stop, and frankly, didn’t care. It was as if she intended to be avoided. She was t just doing this to my group, as we saw her about 9 times in our round. She had to be hauling around the course and not talking to anyone.

In short, the course was great, the staff was less than ideal. I will be back, because it is one of the most challenging courses in the area. Not because of the experience.

Hi Thezacharyclark,

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at Whitney Oaks Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 01/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000002146566! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 01/12/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 01/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, uFYLG2870FY! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 01/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161855296! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Greens and bunkers in great shape! Looks like new sand and much better shape than most bunkers in the area. Need to get the fairways back in shape. Should be good as we head into spring. Always like the challenging layout!

Commented on 01/11/2022

Hi, u000003242395. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jkalember! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Great course layout

Hadn’t played the course in a couple years, but was glad I came back. While this course can be challenging, it reminds me that playing the same few course does not make you a better golfer. The course was in good condition for December and demonstrated to me that I need to play this course more frequently.
On issue I encountered was the starter. I had a tee time at 11am, but did not tee off until 11:20 due to the starter. The course was not packed, as a matter of fact, no one teed off between 11 to 11:20. The starter was chatting with some friends are baseball. I had to go up to him and say something to get him to do his job.

Commented on 12/17/2021

Thank you for your review, buckhallen. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback of our team member to our team at Whitney Oaks Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 12/13/2021

Hi, Cartier44. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Nice but difficult course

Playing city/county courses mostly so this course is a bit difficult for me but overall I like it. There are a couple of holes were poorly designed that you might get hit from behind due to the blind spots. I almost got hit twice and it wasn't a pleasant experience

Commented on 12/13/2021

Hello, tyclee. Thank you for visiting us at Whitney Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We apologize about the blind spots and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Pace is to slow

This is one of my favorite golf courses around, because is challenging, last two times I've played the course, I have bad luck, the pace of play is so slow, people playing this course don't know anything about golf etiquette at all, one thing is been a bad golfer other is been bad and slow at the same time, this is a message for golfers, if you are a beginner or do you like to take your time on every shot, let fast player play through I don't care if you can drive the ball 300 yards every tee shot, this golf course is to play smart golf, hit fairways and greens and I'll bet you will move faster and play the best golf of your life, instead of trying to hit the ball as far as you can, you will end up waisting time looking for you ball in the azards every hole. Good luck to all the golfers be safe and play good golf!

Commented on 12/03/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Whitney Oaks Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Quirky difficulty

The course was in good condition, although somewhat chunky, wet lies in the first cut of rough contrasted with the mostly tight fairway lies. I like this course but also find it very difficult to score well here. There are some quirky holes, tight fairways, and really well-guarded greens.

Commented on 12/13/2021

Hi, Coronas. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 11/23/2021

Hi, u314160312566. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 11/18/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Adajet! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 11/09/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, daviddutra123! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 11/08/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Notredame5150. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Good day to be playing golf

Whitney golf course is challenging overall and a very nice place to play

Commented on 11/08/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, srico1961. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Whitney Oaks Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 10/22/2021

Hi, Rice1123. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Perfect time

Best time to play is now. The greens are finally where they should be. Read the greens from all angles, or you'll be sorry. Enjoy!

Commented on 10/22/2021

Thanks so much for the great review, Rice1123. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Loomis, California
Granite Bay, California
4.7619285714
3.7819235294
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe and 2 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood & Gray’s Crossing.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Cedar House Lodge and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Gray’s Crossing & Coyote Moon.
SONOMA, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and 1 round of golf at Sonoma Golf Club.
RENO, NV | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Whitney Peak Hotel and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Somerset Country Club & Grizzly Ranch.