Whitney Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Johnny Miller (1997) Fred Bliss (1997)

Golf Simulator Yes

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Beverage Carts

Needs some work

Greens were in good shape, fairways showing effects of drought already. Grass sparse in places on fairways.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Worst golf carts ever

Golf carts had defective batteries and couldn’t power carts up any type of incline. Switched at the turn and 4 holes later the same problem. They need to get better carts

Commented on 06/15/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Fantastic!!!!

This course is well worth the money. Lots of trees, elevation changes, blind spots where you need to keep your wits about you. Coming from Vegas where you will not find a course of this caliber for less than $125, it’s a must play. One problem though, the cart girl never came around once. Not good for a Saturday. Great condition. The back 9 the best on the course. Don’t forget to catch the goats.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

bad day

cart ran out of power ! was back up by 2 foursoms !
just not a good day for us !!
the staff was great and took care of us !

Commented on 06/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 06/10/2021

Need your A game

This course lived up to everything I had heard about it… Beautiful views in the rolling hills of Rocklin lots of blind shots on the fairways it is helpful to play with someone that has knowledge of the course fortunately for me there was someone to help with that… The greens were small but rolled well a little bit firm but it is summertime and we haven’t had much rain

Commented on 06/09/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Whitney Oaks Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/08/2021

Great layout

Always a fun challenge! Greens in good shape. Rolling very nicely.

Commented on 06/07/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 06/10/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Whitney Oaks Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

I Love This Course!

This was my second time on this course, pace of play was a little slow, but I can't blame the staff, weather was perfect, and with the COVID restrictions being lifted everyone was out! If you haven't had the Bloody Mary from the cart girl you are missing out, they were delicious!

Commented on 06/11/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Whitney Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 06/09/2021

This Johnny Miller course remains just as challenging as when it was originally designed.

The course always poses a challenge to the weekend golfer. Better bring your "A" game otherwise you'll be out a sleeve or two.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Always a good challenge for an experienced player.

Good practice facilities. Greens are in good shape and challenging. The black tees were missing which prevented me from competing with my 340yd driving son (I play white tees)...I'm guessing they took them out to improve pace of play for the memorial day weekend.

Greens have some burn spots and they should flag then as ground under repair so you can move your ball...lazy, I'm guessing.

Good experience overall.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Commented on 05/26/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Whitney Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Challenging course

The course is in great shape and I enjoyed playing it every time. Keep up the good work.

Commented on 05/26/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Whitney Oaks Golf Club!

My #1 golf course in the greater Sacramento area.

Second time playing is better than the first. Totally enjoyable yet giving me some workout. Just perfect course in this spring. I just about ran out of the golf courses within 159 miles or so due to COVID-19 pandemic. And I am so glad that I had the play slots available. There is so much I can appreciate about the course: layout, friendliness and courtesy of the staff, surrounding atmosphere, birds, trees (plenty of them) , ponds, clear blue sky. Thanks again for your conscious and diligent efforts to make our outing great.

Commented on 05/20/2021

Challenging and fun

Booked on golfnow.com for great price. I'm a 25+- handicap and played white t-boxes. Green's in good shape, fairways dry and thin. Very happy with course overall: clean bathrooms, friendly staff and play pace was fast - no waiting. Some narrow fairways and tricky Green's. Scenery is great, lots of wildlife. Course is hilly, can not walk this one.

Commented on 05/20/2021

Commented on 05/14/2021

Commented on 05/11/2021

Loomis, California
4.4442058824
Granite Bay, California
4.7619285714
Roseville, California
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe and 2 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood & Gray’s Crossing.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Cedar House Lodge and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Gray’s Crossing & Coyote Moon.
SONOMA, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and 1 round of golf at Sonoma Golf Club.
RENO, NV | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Whitney Peak Hotel and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Somerset Country Club & Grizzly Ranch.