Chesapeake Golf Club
Chesapeake Golf Club sits tucked away in the idyllic village of Las Gaviotas, conveniently situated just 15 minutes from downtown Norfolk. Boasting some of the best greens in the Tidewater area, the club offers the amenities of a private club with the fees of a public golf course. The layout will challenge you with rolling fairways and tricky doglegs. Water hazards come into play frequently so be prepared for a few intimidating blind shots over water. Mature trees line the rolling fairways and there are also strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. The manageable 6,278-yard length is approachable for beginners yet there are still holes that long hitters will enjoy. Chesapeake Golf Club is a course that will test your skills but it's not overly punishing for the high handicapper.
|Blue M: 69.7/125 W: 75.8/140||381||385||143||359||158||541||300||140||426||2833||443||173||392||318||517||499||220||412||341||3315||6148|
|White M: 67.8/119 W: 73.5/134||357||358||139||337||135||488||273||120||394||2601||420||155||371||303||495||451||196||382||296||3069||5670|
|Gold M: 64.6/110 W: 69.5/127||321||301||128||320||117||414||239||114||366||2320||390||137||320||267||472||422||151||346||284||2789||5109|
|Red M: 63.8/108 W: 68.4/124||317||293||117||305||110||370||194||106||320||2132||375||117||305||247||410||416||136||335||273||2614||4746|
|Pink M: 60.1/98 W: 62.6/112||232||223||117||192||110||325||181||106||260||1746||295||117||208||182||354||340||136||260||208||2100||3846|
GREAT COURSE, GREAT VALUE!
Chesapeake Golf Club is a phenomenal course! Staff is great and very friendly. Course is challenging, scenic and fun to play. I can't recommend this course enough. I'll definitely be back!
Par 70 or 71 ?
Course info list course as 70, however Tee info list as Par 71 which is it. Either way won't be back.
Really nice place to play!
I would come to play here a lot more if I lived closer. Good layout with some really difficult holes.
Wet and Muddy
Chesapeake is a fun and challenging course. When the area gets rain this course gets muddy. You can still enjoy the course just don't chunk balls lol.
First time - will definitely be the last
Not much positive I can say about this course:
- driving range was in complete disrepair, virtually no grass to hit from and the few available mats were badly with and torn (maximum length you could hit was 165 yards)....AND they had the audacity to charge us $12 for two buckets of balls...range was so bad, we left most balls at range without hitting them.
- course conditions were atrocious, most fairways featured multiple large clumps of crab grass growing that looked like Outback “Bloomin’ Onions)
- most tee boxes were a mess, a few had grass that looked like they hadn’t been mowed for weeks,
- pace of play was horrendous, we finally quit after 12 holes because there were the third groups on 13 with the first group still nowhere near the green.
- putting surfaces were decent but nothing special (this is the closest I can come to saying something positive)
- stopped into pro shop to express our disappointment, The individual behind the counter became defensive and belligerent almost immediately. He completely dismissed our complaints and began yelling at us “you’re the first complaint I ever heard in two years “. I told him that the course was likely the worst I’ve played in 35 years of golf...then he REALLY began yelling AND cursing at us - actually followed us out to the parking lot continuing to yell and curse.
- easily the worst course I’ve ever played.
- easily the most inappropriate behavior I’ve ever seen displayed by a pro shop staff member ever....
- hot deal was $30/person...a complete waste of money...
- will never return. Would not play this course again for free
Very nice course
Course was challenging, and in great shape. ..greens were. In great shape
Looking Good for Fall...
Course was in great shape. Had fun. Zero pace of play issues.
Greens were excellent
The course was in very good condition. They had aereated the greens several weeks back and they were perfect.
Starting was slow and backed up. Once we got rolling, pace was decent. Course was in good shape and they greens were fast. Definitely had a few challenging holes.
Tees shaggy, fairways so bad my ball looked like a Chia pet when done rolling, and the greens should have been marked ground under repair.
You booked online and it said discount price due to
Aerification on Tuesday 15th and Wednesday the 16th.
Decent for the price
course was a bit rough and greens were very slow and bumpy.
Tee boxes were all different cut height and hard to get correct tee height.
Too many blind shots with water in play on good tee shots and several layup holes from back tees.
Ok course for the price online.
The discount price you booked online was due to Aerification (It said that on all tee times for Tuesday the 15th and Wednesday the 16th)
The layout makes you think about your next shot. It is a fun course to play, look forward to playing again. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
Chad as His Greens crew have really turned this course atound
The greens are great. Fairways are in great shape also. What Chad and his crew have done is Amazing. I started playing this course about 5/6 years ago and it was in “fair” shape at best. What they have done to improve this course is amazing. You really need to play this course