Bunkers protect the front of the elevated green from the par-4 no. 7 on Mission Inn's Las Colinas course

Mission Inn Resort & Club - Las Colinas Course

Year Built 1992
Architect Gary Koch (1992) Ron Garl (2007)

Dress code No t-shirts or tank tops. Shorts are allowed but must be proper style and length. No tennis shorts or athletic shorts.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Dinner 18
Playing Multiple Courses 37

Used to be good - don't know what happened

The only reason I gave it 3 stars, is that it used to be good (2.5 years ago) so I just don't know if this is temporary, but it sure looks permanent. We used to notice staff on the course, tending to things, paying attention to detail. Now, looking at some of the bunkers, fringe areas of the course, it seems apparent the money is lacking. One thing we used to be able to count on were the greens, and this time around they were horrendous, rolling at about 6.5 or 7.0 at the most. We played at 8:30AM on a Monday, and would have hoped for a 4 hour round at that time, so we made a 12:40 tee time and intended to go right from 18 over to the first tee. Well 4.5 hours later we got back to the clubhouse and went inside for our 2nd round refund because none of the 8 of us had any desire to play a below average course with slow greens.
They also had damage on the greens , supposedly from a moisture problem and a fungus. This is often the sign of lack of budget and chemicals. We saw the ranger ONCE and he offered a lame apology about pace of play as he drove by us, didn't even stop. Last few times we were here, we had to sign our cart ticked, for liability reasons I assume, before we teed off. This time, there wasn't even a starter at the tee, and this 2-some drives up to the tee 12 minutes past their tee time as we are standing on the tee and basically demands to go in front of us since their time was ahead of ours. If there was a starter, he probably would have mediated the situation and made them wait. A can of coke was only $1.50 on the course, at a vending machine after the 7th hole, so that was nice to have, and reasonably price. Same day we were there, the Mackenzie tour golfers (canadien professional golfers) were playing on the "nicer" El Campeon course, and we spoke with some of them in the parking lot and they were pretty fed up with conditions as well, stating the "greens were awfully slow, rolling at about 8"
We won't return, unless we check and find that MANY reviews have turned this place around.

Another Great Day!

My second time playing Las Colinas since both times El Champeon was booked for either LPGA or Canadian PGA events. Course conditions were fair and pace of play was slow with no sign of Course Marshalls to facilitate play. Still a beautiful setting with a great room overlooking #17 on El Champeon. Food was great and Table#50, or #51 depending which staff you ask, is ideal for the beautuful sunset.

Great facility, but....

I love this place- live locally and play both courses often, but come on man!

5 Hours to play 16 holes. Called for assistance and the ranger actually to.d us nobody was playing slow and there were just a lot of players- what in the actual F? Really? Obviously way over booked, but still, I’ve played a lot of golf on packed courses and it should never take 5 and half hours. After we bailed after 16, there were 4 groups on 17 and only one on 18 and they were on the green! This is a major ranger problem.

Every time I check in, somebody at a register is ALWAYS on the phone. Hire somebody to answer the phones besides your check in agents. Ive wasted practice time standing around in the pro shop.....

Greens are beyond way too slow- the are like wet shag carpet- cut em, roll them - they are great green complexes but ruined at these speeds.

$8 for a small bucket of terrible over used balls, and then the range didn’t have a blade or grass on it- dirt. Come on, man.

A hidden gem

My first time playing at mission inn. I’d say it’s worth the drive from Orlando area. A quaint old school golf resort with two courses. Las Colinas was in good condition for the time of year. Greens very slow. A good day all around.

Played it again

Always enjoy Los Colinas. Wish they would speed up the greens. We not negative!

Disappointed!

No disappointment here with regard to this course! However, started the day with perfect weather and by the 12th hole the clouds and rain had moved in and we were forced to give up! The pace of play was on the slow side, causing us to have to wait for the group in front on every hole to either tee off or make their second shots. Personally, had a fantastic round going, scoring 2 above par on the front nine. Disappointed we could not complete our day! However, looking very much forward to returning on a better day!

Poorly Trained Staff

Staff needs better training, booked as a single on a busy Saturday and asked to be paired up for pace of play reasons and the staff didn't lift a finger to let me know what groups had openings. Eventually the starter just told me to go and I was treated to a 2.5 hour front nine. Not to mention they don't have a ranger on a busy Saturday. This place is among the most expensive golf courses in the area they can't pay a weekend ranger 12 bucks an hour to try to keep the pace of play.

If you are going to spend the money please play Orange County National or Grand Cypress. They have well trained staff members that will not treat customers with indifference.

Nice course, great weather, slooow greens

A nice day to play golf on a nice course. Other than my bad swings the only thing to complain about were the very slow greens. Our whole 4some found it impossible to get the ball to the hole, even on obvious downhill putts. Suspect they were preparing greens for a weekend Jr tournament. Just bad timing for us.

Greens Wreck The Round

I had played Las Colinas before with good experiences. The greens had been damaged by some kind disease and were in horrible condition to the point of unplayable. Very disappointed for the money spent.

Commented on 02/15/2021

Rainy fall and a Cold winter has forced us to be less aggressive with agronomic practices. In order to maintain grass coverage on the greens, the Ground department raised the height of cut to achieve this.

avoid

I've played Las Colinas a lot and this was by far the worst condition I have ever seen it in. I guess $65 during peak season should have been a red flag, but I had faith that Mission Inn would still come through.... I was wrong. The greens were awful, overgrown, bumpy and full of rough patches. Lots of issues with bare patches around the greens as well. On top of that, the set up was terrible. Some of the tee boxes had trees hanging on them / directly in your path. It seems like they have not trimmed or removed trees in years. Also, a few of the pins were sitting directly on severe slopes.
I know this course is the little brother to El Campeon, but I expect much better when I come to Mission Inn.
Spend your money elsewhere and wait a few months to try Las Colinas again.

Commented on 02/12/2021

Never Disapoints

The course is always in great condition from tee to green. The layout forces you to work the ball left and right. The green speed is always at least a 10 which is very welcome to me. Pay attention on the greens because some of the breaks are more severe than they appear.. The customer service from the bag drop to clubhouse to the maintenance workers is superior which makes it an even better experience. I’ll be back soon.

Very nice.

Love this course & played it on my birthday. Play here every time I come to Florida from MA.

GREENS ARE HORRIBLE!

***WARNING***

AVOID PLAYING THIS COURSE. ALL THE GREENS ARE IN HORRIBLE SHAPE. LONG, FURRY, PATCHES AND SLOW.
LOOKS GREAT FROM THE ROAD, UNTIL YOU GET ON THE GREENS YOU REALIZE HOW BAD THEY ARE!!
Charged $55
WHAT A CRIME !!

Commented on 02/05/2021

Rainy fall and a cold winter has forced us to be less aggressive with agronomic practices. In order to maintain grass coverage on the greens, the Ground department raised the height of cut to achieve this.

Overall course Layout is fine -- However, the greens were in poor condition and far below our expectations. We both wanted to quit by the 7th hold...but didn't figure we'd get a refund based on the poor conditions of the greens.

Commented on 02/05/2021

Not good.

Significantly inferior to the other course. In rough shape, uninspiring design.

Request A Vacation Quote From Mission Inn Resort & Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Mission Inn Resort & Club will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Howey in the Hills, Florida