Bear's Best Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA | GolfPass
A view of a hole protected by bunkers at Bear's Best Golf Course

At Bear's Best, a 7,194-yard track about 20 minutes from The Strip, the Jack Nicklaus design team stuck to recreating holes from other Jack desert designs, making them actually almost fit into the natural surroundings. (Aside from the black sand bunkers and that's just so cool, you don't mind).

Plus, they made the fairways wide, giving your ordinary golfer a good chance to get through the day smiling. You won't post a career-low score at Bear's Best, but you won't lose four sleeves of balls, either.

Four of the holes are replicas from Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, but also features holes from Nicklaus' Spain and Mexico work. The best thing about Bear's Best may be how the Nicklaus team, often accused of making their courses too tough, kept the average hacker in mind.

Yet what really sets Bear's Best up as a great play is the service. Every foursome gets their own forecaddie and the staff can make you feel like a VIP.

"Bear's Best is probably the greatest overall experience we've had on a course," regular Las Vegas golf visitor Josh Isadore said. "The guys are still talking about it."

Bear's Best Las Vegas

Year Built 2001
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Bad policy

As a Vegas resident , Bears best is in my list of courses I play regulalry. I always enjoyed this Jack Nicklaus layout which can be played for under $100 for a local. But yesterday I was unpleasantly surprised when the starter drove me and my clubs to the 1st hole and said sorry you have to pay $ 50 to have your own cart! So I had to ride with a stranger who similarly was , as a local, surprised at this policy. I quit after 9 holes and most likely wont go back.
The starter was curt and rode and then he drove off with my phone and at the least could have returned it to me but instead had left it at the club house...
Agreat course but obviously not for single players any more.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 08/08/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Back Nine Is Great

Front nine is pretty tight and frustrating. Lots of target golf off the tee, but the back nine opens up with a string of great holes. Staff are A+

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

One of the best tracks

Everything was amazing from the moment we entered the parking lot. Staff were polite. Course was in great shape.

The only problem we had is that we teed off at 7:10 and only saw the cart lady at the turn. 110 out.

Commented on 07/22/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Bear's Best? Yes!

I booked online for around 9am but got there first thing to see if I could get out any earlier. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Sometimes when you book online they look at you as less then a regular player, not here. From the outside services staff to the golf shop staff to the starter, everyone was great! Lots of good insight on the best way to play the course. The greens looked beautiful, although not as fast as they looked. I will definitely be back.

Commented on 07/27/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Bears Best

Got a really good price on golf now for a 1 pm tee time, unfortunately the 2 groups in front were slow backed up all day starting with the 4th hole . It was an exceptionally hot day but still finished in 4 hours
Course in really good condition except some very wet spots that were beat up by carts. Only complaint was rock hard bunkers with lots of rocks. It also looked like they filled in a few bunkers which to me took away from the hole since this course represents a hole at Jack's courses across the country. Course had the absolute best views of all the courses played so far and some extraordinary homes on one side of the course. Will be back staff great and a very pleasant experience even though I had trouble keeping it in the fairway, need to be straight when playing from forward tee.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Excellent

Love playing the course, surely would play it again

Commented on 07/18/2022

It’s the Best

good time, Nice course, Staff was Awesome, would go back….

Commented on 07/20/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Bear’s Best is the Best

Fabulous course, super fun and scored my first ever eagle on hole 11!

Commented on 07/11/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round - and congrats! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Vegas golf

Beautiful course on a beautiful day. This course is surrounded by multi-million-dollar homes and great views of the mountains and the strip.. It is a great layout with several challenging holes. Some bunkers were full of rocks, and some had sand. The greens were aerated and covered with sand which would have been nice to know when we booked the tee time. The staff was outstanding. I would probably play it again, but I would ask about the conditions of the greens before I booked it.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Awesome course

Amazing course on a hot Vegas summer day. It was 110 degrees , but still wasn't terrible. The course conditions are amazing for the summer time and each hole is a unique challenge. Tee boxes, fairways, and all but a few greens are immaculate. Some bunkers have a unique black sand which was interesting to hit out of. The off fairways desert was challenging to hit out of, so fairways are your friend. Other than the heat, the only issue I had was staff friendliness. I'm from out of town and needed to rent clubs. On their website it says $70. When I was charged, it was $90! When I showed the staff that, he said they've raised their prices, but ultimately after my complaining that that's not what it says on. Their website, he relented , but then like a child, took away the 6 balls they were gonna give me with the rentals. Extremely petty considering it was their mistake. Everything else was too notch! You won't be disappointed with playing golf at Bears Best!

Commented on 06/30/2022

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience during your round. We apologize for the confusion on our rental price and for the negative experience you had with a member of our staff. We are updating prices on our website but must have missed that one. We hope that you'll give us another try in the future!

Commented on 06/29/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 06/28/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 07/15/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Worth the time

Course was in great shape. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Por shop closed at 5:30 which sucked.

Commented on 06/24/2022

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great round at our course. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences here. Regarding the Pro Shop closure - we'll pass this feedback to the correct team here. We hope to see you back again soon.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 06/22/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

4.2085
4.2085
Resort/Public
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The ARIA Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.