At Bear's Best, a 7,194-yard track about 20 minutes from The Strip, the Jack Nicklaus design team stuck to recreating holes from other Jack desert designs, making them actually almost fit into the natural surroundings. (Aside from the black sand bunkers and that's just so cool, you don't mind).

Plus, they made the fairways wide, giving your ordinary golfer a good chance to get through the day smiling. You won't post a career-low score at Bear's Best, but you won't lose four sleeves of balls, either.

Four of the holes are replicas from Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, but also features holes from Nicklaus' Spain and Mexico work. The best thing about Bear's Best may be how the Nicklaus team, often accused of making their courses too tough, kept the average hacker in mind.

Yet what really sets Bear's Best up as a great play is the service. Every foursome gets their own forecaddie and the staff can make you feel like a VIP.

"Bear's Best is probably the greatest overall experience we've had on a course," regular Las Vegas golf visitor Josh Isadore said. "The guys are still talking about it."

Bear's Best Las Vegas

Year Built 2001
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

First play

Was very excited to finally play Bears Best. Was a great experience

Commented on 01/19/2021

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Beautiful

It was more than I expected it to be , highly recommend this to anyone who has yet to play it

Commented on 01/12/2021

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Very good layout and course condition. Starters were awesomely helpful and friendly.

Pace of play

Pace of play was awful. I only got in 9 holes. We called 3 times for the Marshall, and the starter was not at the start and caused delays. People were playing multiple balls every shot and no one from the course came. No one would let groups play through.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 01/13/2021

great and fun course

The course is fun to play! Every hole is unique. Firm and lush fairways. Greens in great condition in the middle of winter. Pace of play very good -- we have a couple groups of slower players in front of us on the front 9, but somehow they all disappeared in the back 9. We started 12:45pm and finished before 4pm. The cart is the best we've ever seen -- GPS, soft seating, and even JBL bluetooth speakers! Also worth noting, there are many HUGE houses around the fairways. We had great fun playing this course.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 12/30/2020

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 12/29/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Beautiful layout and lots of wildlife

The greens were a little rough but for late December the course was in phenomenal shape

Commented on 12/26/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great Golf

Superb golf course. Fun layout and very challenging. Nicest cars I’ve ever ridden in. Soft seats.

Commented on 12/26/2020

The golf course is in very good condition, the staff excellent, I lost my wedding ring in one the T-boxes and as we were from the last ones came back the next day and all the local staff helped me look for it and found it, 2 days later it was my 30th anniversary and we had our mass and I was able to present my ring. They saved my day...

Commented on 12/26/2020

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad that we were able to find your wedding ring and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Great compilation of Nicklaus courses

Great course with plenty of options to play from multiple tees. Excellent layout, good flow of the course. Plenty of space with a few hazards but not going to ruin your round.

Commented on 12/08/2020

Best of best in LV

What can I say? As a golfer, I wish to play in a very nice layout and also challenging. This course provided me that. Staff are great, teebox to greens are in excellent shape, and lastly the huge beautiful houses all around the course gives you something to chat about. I’ll come back again, and again, and again for sure except I’ll adjust my tee time in the morning. The course gets really cold after 3pm.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Vegas golf

The course was beautiful. Pace of play was slow. I teed off at noon and barely finished before dark.
I would recommend the course.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

The course was fantastic. Good shape plenty of challenges. Be ready for bunkers and rocks if you get off the fairway. Everyone was friendly. Played at a very quick pace but I went alone and got paired up with a few members of the club. Nice people but as this was my first time playing there I wanted to “take it in” so to speak. I didn’t see a beverage cart during my playing time. Great views, just wish I could have taken a little more time to see it. I will play this course again.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Awesome track

From the gold or the green tees Bear’s Best is a challenge from the first hole. The course is in good condition fairways are nice and the greens are good they hold well and putt true. Everything you could want in a golf course Bear’s Best

Commented on 12/02/2020

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Beautiful course!

This was an absolutely beautiful course. If you are in to architecture, you'll also enjoy views of the homes. Pace was great. Would recommend. Friendly staff.

Commented on 12/02/2020