A view of a hole protected by bunkers at Bear's Best Golf Course

At Bear's Best, a 7,194-yard track about 20 minutes from The Strip, the Jack Nicklaus design team stuck to recreating holes from other Jack desert designs, making them actually almost fit into the natural surroundings. (Aside from the black sand bunkers and that's just so cool, you don't mind).

Plus, they made the fairways wide, giving your ordinary golfer a good chance to get through the day smiling. You won't post a career-low score at Bear's Best, but you won't lose four sleeves of balls, either.

Four of the holes are replicas from Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, but also features holes from Nicklaus' Spain and Mexico work. The best thing about Bear's Best may be how the Nicklaus team, often accused of making their courses too tough, kept the average hacker in mind.

Yet what really sets Bear's Best up as a great play is the service. Every foursome gets their own forecaddie and the staff can make you feel like a VIP.

"Bear's Best is probably the greatest overall experience we've had on a course," regular Las Vegas golf visitor Josh Isadore said. "The guys are still talking about it."

Bear's Best Las Vegas

Year Built 2001
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 10/04/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Overpriced

We had are time & went to the 1st tee 10 minutes before our time. Since no one else was there we weee ready to tee off since group ahead was already on green. Starter came down at 2:55 to advice the ere was a group at 2:50 (Kate). At first it was a couple then turned into a group of 4. As a result of us having to wait to tee off from 2bd hole on wd never had the opportunity to complete all 18 holes. The tee blockers were overgrown as were the fairways.I work at a golf course & would treated these conditions at ‘average’ . There was no Marshall nor a refreshment cart during our round. I would not recommend this course to a friend at full theatre.

Commented on 10/03/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 10/05/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas!

It’s nice… but

The course was fine. I am a scratch golfer and play a lot of places local to me. I’ve played courses that are much better conditioned and much more challenging/diverse layouts that cost 2/3 of the price. For $289 this course was honestly too expensive. I would have had just as much fun playing a course for half the price anywhere near to Vegas. The views are good and the group I was with with great.

I would also beware of the rental clubs. They are Callaway but in terrible shape and they only give you 1 wedge.

Commented on 10/05/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 09/26/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 10/03/2022

Commented on 09/23/2022

Should definitely be on your list if playing in Vegas. A quality course, with friendly staff. What’s not to like!

Commented on 09/19/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 09/19/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Played during overseeding of fairways

Staff was very friendly. I didn't realize most of the courses in Las Vegas overseed their fairways in mid-September. Several courses simply close for a few weeks because the fairway conditions are not up to par. Due to the overseeding play was cart path only for the entire course. Not only was Bear's Best open, they were charging their full seasonal rate. I personally think courses should notify patrons of the course conditions before you pay. Fortunately, GolfNow had 33% off deals.
I'd definitely play the course again, but not in mid-September.

Commented on 09/23/2022

Great course and a great service definitely recommend it

Commented on 09/12/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Last Day

I didn’t see when I booked my tee time that the over seeding had began or I would not have booked this course. The greens were so slow and not true. The fairways were already started in the process. Just a waist of money. I heard it was the last day they were open until the over seeding was complete.

Commented on 08/24/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back again soon.

Love this course! Even though fairways were tilled and greens sandy punched. Greens rolled well even though recently punched. I have never seen fairways tilled instead of punched but new to Vegas golf. Probably my favorite course in summerlin. It plays fast, finished in 3 hours as a 2 some with the kindness of 4 young studs letting us play thru.

Commented on 08/22/2022

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. Please visit us again soon!

Bears Best

Sandy greens. August maintenance. Slow but good condition. Pace was 3 1/2 hours. No one in front of us two. Bag drop brought bags around with two bottle of iced down water for each of us . Two coolers. Cart with gps and Bluetooth speakers. Great round.

Commented on 08/22/2022

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/29/2022

Great day

Tee off before noon played the course had a great time would love to come play again I would recommend it for anybody that loves to play golf… Lots of Dove and quail great looking landscape and course

Commented on 09/19/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Bear's Best Las Vegas thanks you!

Bad policy

As a Vegas resident , Bears best is in my list of courses I play regulalry. I always enjoyed this Jack Nicklaus layout which can be played for under $100 for a local. But yesterday I was unpleasantly surprised when the starter drove me and my clubs to the 1st hole and said sorry you have to pay $ 50 to have your own cart! So I had to ride with a stranger who similarly was , as a local, surprised at this policy. I quit after 9 holes and most likely wont go back.
The starter was curt and rode and then he drove off with my phone and at the least could have returned it to me but instead had left it at the club house...
Agreat course but obviously not for single players any more.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 08/08/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

4.2085
4.2085
Resort/Public
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The ARIA Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.