Surrounded by 200 acres of carefully preserved wetlands, the Groves Golf & Country Club offers championship golf in a spectacular setting. It sits conveniently just 20 minutes north of Tampa in Land O Lakes. Maintaining the natural beauty of the landscape was a top priority when designing the golf course, which is why the layout manages to seamlessly blend into the surroundings. The course, which measures 4,019 yards, offers all of the challenging qualities of a championship-length course but can be played in four hours or less. The player-friendly golf course offers something for all skill levels whether you are a scratch golfer looking for a quick round, or a beginner looking for some challenging practice. In addition to the course, The Groves also boasts a unique aqua driving range as well as putting and chipping greens.

The Groves Golf & Country Club

Architect Gary Koch (2000)

Anonymous

The groves

Very nice course short but some shot making needed. Course in very good condition. Would recommend if you want a fun round.

Worth a try.

I did ok but not great when I played this course simply because I wasn't familiar with the layout. It's a shortish par 65 but it has a lot of dog legs that have short distances to the dog leg with a longer shot to the green. A properly placed tee shot is a must. I kept hitting it through the end of the dog leg with my tee shot and into the woods.
The course is built in a nature preserve so most of the shots require accuracy due to wetlands and woods on both sides. Also you have to navigate the neighborhood and drive down some of the streets because the course is spread out throughout the wetland preserve. I believe that one would need to play this course a few times to learn it's nuances. It would then be easier to score. It's is a pretty course and well worth a try. I will be playing it again just to see if I can improve my score there.
The staff was friendly and the carts were nice however we didn't try their inside food and beverage so I can't report on that. I recommend giving this course a try.

Outstanding!

Another excellent round at our favorite local course!

Great short course

This was my first time playing a 4000 yard course. I thought the course was well kept and the greens were a little slow but rolled true. Plenty of sand and water and out of fairway means out of play. Plenty of risk-reward layouts for birdie-bogey trade—offs. I played with my wife on a meandering golf trip but could see this course being a lot of fun in a skins game. My comment on amenities was just because the only thing grab and go at the turn was a hot dog that both of us threw out after one bite but the golf was all good.

dwarren467,
Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are very happy to hear you had a great time. We invite you back to play with us again anytime!

Very slow pace and was told to leave 45 minutes before dark

We have golfed here quite a bit. Today the pace of play was extremely slow, they definitely overbooked the course. It was Friday afternoon so we just accepted it. What was shocking is on the 17th hole at 5:55pm a golf cart with course employees pulled up and said we close at 6, you'll have to leave. This was 50 minutes before dark, plenty of time to get the last 2 holes in. I was a little upset and told them they had overbooked the course and we had to wait a long time at each hole. They said, well we want to go home. I paid alot to golf and was very frustrated.

Commented on 03/08/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. In the mean time we would appreciate if you could reach out and comment on this post or give us a call so we can talk in depth about your experience to see if we can make it right for you! We hope you give us another try in the near future!

OurFavoriteLocalCourse

The course again did not disappoint! We play this s course often and enjoy it as much each time.

blaawndee,
Thank you for your support! We appreciate you playing and look forward to your next visit!

Love the Groves

As usual, course conditions impeccable. Pace of play was very slow and we waited at every hole, about 10-15 minutes on several holes. Frustrating.

Anneandron1,
Thank you for your continued patronage. We appreciate customers who continue to play here and always welcome you back for your next round!

samscorza,
Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We would love to know what we can improve on for next time you visit! We hope to see you back soon!
The Groves Golf and Country Club

Awesome course- crabby staff person at check-in

We love The Groves. We play here at least once a week. Today, we had a woman (new person we have never seen) check us in. We were an hour early, which is common for us. We like to use the driving range and putting green to prep for our game. We don’t like to rush through. The woman who checked us in gave my adult son a hard time and scolded him for being so early. Refused to give him the cart when there were plenty there. She made him check back which we did at about 25 minutes before and still told him too early. Made us come back ten minutes before our tee time. I like to be at the tee by then stretching and practice swinging for our turn. I think that treatment was ridiculous. If it continues to happen, we won’t return. We have never had anything but wonderful people check us in. The guys in the pro shop have always been friendly and accommodating so I am hoping this was just an anomaly.

Commented on 02/26/2021

Hello Anneandron1,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. We try to satisfy every customer and we assure you this will not happen in the future. Next time you are at The Groves, please see Richard or Nico so we can help to resolve this issue. Thank you again!

The Groves Pro Shop

pace of play

where is ranger late in day?
last week missed last 2 holesdue to group in front
this week barely finished--same problem
we are slow! but when we have to wait??

u314159764871,
Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear about the pace that day. With the course getting an unprecedented amount of play we try our best to keep pace moving and will continue to work on this. We hope to see you back soon.

u2632018,
Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

End of day

The carts had to be turned in an hour before dark and we only finished 13 holes. Carts should be turned in by sunset. Also, there are very little amenities available.

Commented on 02/24/2021

u000007359167,
Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Carts are asked to be returned by sunset or earlier to make sure our outside staff has time to clean and return them to their chargers for the next day. We hope you enjoyed your time on the course and hope to see you back soon!

Land O Lakes, Florida