The Groves Golf and Country Club

Surrounded by 200 acres of carefully preserved wetlands, the Groves Golf & Country Club offers championship golf in a spectacular setting. It sits conveniently just 20 minutes north of Tampa in Land O Lakes. Maintaining the natural beauty of the landscape was a top priority when designing the golf course, which is why the layout manages to seamlessly blend into the surroundings. The course, which measures 4,026 yards, offers all of the challenging qualities of a championship-length course but can be played in four hours or less. The player-friendly golf course offers something for all skill levels whether you are a scratch golfer looking for a quick round, or a beginner looking for some challenging practice. In addition to the course, The Groves also boasts a unique aqua driving range as well as putting and chipping greens.

The Groves Golf & Country Club

Architect Gary Koch (2000)

Commented on 08/09/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing The Groves Golf and Country Club.

FunCourse-FairwaysNwedWork

Love this course. Looking forward to improved course conditions...soon, we hope.

Commented on 08/11/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Excellent short course - always courteous staff !

A little gem I don’t want too many others to find !

Disappointed

We booked a twosome online. There was no indication of a “seniors tournament” until we arrived. Pace was exceedingly slow. Ranger was very cordial and requested our utmost patience when we arrived at the third tee box. Patience ran out after observing two foursomes chatting on the greens (9th and 10th holes). We politely requested to jump ahead. We received permission from a couple but snide and rude remarks from others. We gave up any idea of finishing the back 9 and started to make our way for the clubhouse respectfully waiting for players to make their shots first, of course, when we were berated by another “gentleman” for “jumping a tournament”. He “threatened” to call the ranger and was advised to do just that as we drove away.

Commented on 07/22/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Groves Golf and Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/20/2021

Hello, We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Groves Golf and Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

This is a nice course with a gps on the cart. The pace of play which is important to me was excellent and the staff was friendly.

A nice course

nice course, nice layout, a little short but challenging. a great course for beginners and intermediates

Fun short course

Conditions were not as good as the few other times I have played here. The greens were about half way healed from the aeration, of which I am not concerned. The fairways were pretty spotty on several holes, I don't know if there is something going on there or not. Did not notice it as much on my other visits. My only other ding would be the grill staff were not as attentive as they should be. I had breakfast before my round and everyone that came while I was there asked if anyone was working due to the wait for someone to serve them. They may be understaffed in that area.

Tournament play

Can not believe how nice this tournament was ran. They had a red white blue tournament. We used different tee boxes than we normally do. The staff ran this tournament like you would expect from PGA. The way every detail was handled. I'm very impressed with the staff here in the groves. The course may not be in the best shape I've ever played but work is being done to improve it daily. Steve's world of golf has the proshop full of goodies to buy before the round. I left my shoes at house and had three different styles to choose from. Prices are very good. You owe it to your self to come play here.

Great short course

My wife likes the friendly nature of this course and I like it to work on my short game and so far, excellent pace of play. Second time we’ve play the course and will probably play weekly through summer. Nice staff and good value.

Back9NeedsWork

This is our favorite local course. When we rounded the front 9 to hole #10 we were shocked to see the poor conditions of the fairway which extended beyond hole #10. While disappointed. I was pleased to hear that they are actively working on a fix including the resodding of a couple holes.

Commented on 07/15/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing The Groves Golf and Country Club.

Fairways need help

Course usually in good shape, today a majority of the fairways were in poor shape . Some of the tee boxes rough as well. Greens were ok. Staff always excellent and course layout is fun and challenging and pace of play good.

Commented on 07/07/2021

Always Enjoy Playing This Course !!!!!!!!!

This course is perfect for a mediocre duffer like me. Today was very interesting as the front 9 was cart path only due to wet conditions. The back was supposed to be free roam but the GPS was terribly confused and would not let us drive on some fairways. There was a couple that were in rough shape but most were perfect as always. I think they need to recalibrate the GPS. The course is not long but still challenging. A long hitter would be bored though.

Fun for all

Fun & always in good condition. The folks working here are very nice & are very helpful.

Huge Disappointment on Conditions of Course

My wife and I have played at this course numerous times. The conditions were better then but not now. Our last trip to this course was back in April 2021. A lot of the tee boxes, fairways and greens (especially in the front nine holes) were barren. Looked like they forgot to water the course. After reading from the Paradise Club sponsors that the Course management had spent over $500K to upgrade the course and the carts (the carts having GPS was a definite plus), it appears something is lacking to see the course conditions this bad. My wife compared this course to the cow pasture known as the Abbey Course at St. Leos, however, that course has more weeds that cover the bare spots. The Groves just has lot of bare spots.

Commented on 07/02/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Groves Golf and Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Land O Lakes, Florida
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Spring Hill, Florida
San Antonio, Florida
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hudson, Florida
San Antonio, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.