Style Executive

Seven Springs Country Club in New Port Richey offers two golf courses, the Challenger and the Championship. The club conveniently sits just minutes from the scenic Gulf of Mexico beaches and attractions of Tampa Bay. The Challenger Course is an executive-length layout that offers the same challenges as the more demanding Championship Course but on a smaller scale. There are not as many water features on the Challenger but there is a large lake and a meandering creek that comes into play on several holes. There are also a few strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. The layout offers a gentler version of the Championship that is more manageable for beginners but it is also a great quick round for more experienced players. It is even gentle enough for juniors to get in some short game practice.

Seven Springs Golf and Country Club - Executive Plus

Year Built 1970

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Shirts with collars and appropriate shorts or bottoms are required; Tank tops, tee shirts, denim and cut-off shorts are not permitted

Tennis

Great to be back

This was our first round of golf since we came down last Sunday. A little chilly but most enjoyable. Round took less than 3 hours. Course was fair but it is winter. Loved it and will be back.

Winter!!!

Cold but beautiful day in Florida. Course could some upgrading and maintenance...greens were small and a bit slow. But overall we had fun!!!

Not bad for an executive course, but...

My group was greeted by the coolest, most friendly staff member who loaded our bags in the carts - promote him!

Then we met the course ranger who was pretty rude. First he delayed our tee time 20+ mins to skip ahead of us even tho they were a half hour late.

My group decided to play a scramble to help the course pace, so we were moving much faster than the members. Nevertheless, the ranger drove up to us on the green on the first hole after only 5 mins to tell us we were too slow. This wasn't even true bc I drove 200 yards off the tee and we hit the second shot onto the green; this was after the members who skipped us drove 75 yards and took 4 shots each to make the green. I have no problem waiting or unexpectedly playing a scramble to help the course pace - but I shouldn't have the ranger be rude to us after letting the members play like children, instead he should've thanked me.

The course was a little crammed (which is common for an executive course) and there is a hole that tees off only like 20 yards from above another green. The greens weren't super well maintained, but they were municipal course quality.

EVERY other staff member was incredibly friendly and cool. We even ended up buying stuff at the pro shop. But that first ranger needs to slow his roll - his words insulted my father and kinda ruined the first few holes for him. We won't be coming back exclusively because of that ranger's disrespect.

Narrow Course

This course is very narrow. Not much room for errors. Tee boxes need work. The fairways have bald spots and muddy. Traps were well kept. The greens weren't in the best shape.

Bad course conditions

Coronavirus precautions not apparent. Not sure cart sanitized. Cups not made so balls didn’t go into cart requiring removing pin. That is not appropriate procedure for Covid safety. Tight fairways.

Executive Course

The executive course is a nice pair 3. Small issue if your a first one player is hole to hole locations are alittle vague.

Got lost

Took a bit to find #4 lay out not so good over all considering everything I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. For what I pd it was barely ok

Great test!

Great layout with plenty of dog legs which are not very common in our area. A very well conditioned course and the staff makes you feel welcome to be playing there.

Good Value and Challenge

This Executive Course is in overall very good shape. Grassy tee boxes with well kept fairways & bunkers. The greens are appealing with minimal to no “rough spots”. Smooth green grass abounds.

Not all short holes. I had my driver out several times. (If you’re not a 200+ yard guy off the tee every time!)

Relatively new golf carts. Nice scenery. Easygoing starters and beverage cart personnel. Fast pace. No waiting.

The TeeOff app discount made for a total of $12.00 for 18 holes with the cart. This deal, on a course of this caliber, can’t be beat.

Disappointing

Wasn’t sure what to expect of the Executive course since it was my first time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the course was not in the best shape. Greens had just been sanded so they were incredibly slow. No marshal on the course so slow play was rampant. Poor etiquette by other players ( I know that’s not the course’s fault but it hurts the experience) led to a way longer pace of play than need be.

Decent for the money

Decent for a short course and price. Would play again but the course is a little hard to follow if it’s your first time playing there.

Had the course to myself greens and fairways well maintained

Zero Goats

I have golfed 490 courses just in Florida. I played Seven Springs for the 3rd time yesterday. I brought a friend that had never played this course. I remember when previous played it was maybe 10 years ago it was a pleasure.
My friend will often pull up reviews to the course we are driving from Lakeland to.. He found several reviews made by the same person that told of conditions that would embarrass if you brought a friend there, with occasional goat sightings. We called the pro shop and the manager was very informative about who this person was leaving bad reviews.
We played until dark, course was fine, staff was very courteous, the starter/ ranger was more helpful than normal. All other golfers were having fun and courteous during our round. Don’t worry about bad reviews! Golf can bring great experiences and memories with friends. Good or Bad!

Trinity, Florida