Winter Pines Golf Club

Year Built 1968
Architect Lloyd Clifton (1968)

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar, Snacks

19th Hole Specials 6
Near the Airport 11

Flying Balls

Did not care for the layout of the course. Had balls come onto our T box two times as we were getting ready to t off from other holes & five times onto our fairways from other holes. Think I’ll wear a helmet if I play again.

Commented on 01/18/2021

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Needs Watering

Have been playing this course for years, the new greens added a few years ago are in desperate need of water. Looks like the frost got them. Course in fair condition. Will watch reviews for improvement.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hi, John! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Winter Pines Golf Club!

Commented on 01/12/2021

Hi, Paul. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Thanks for golfing at Winter Pines Golf Club!

Excellent Course & Value

I love this course! the price is by far the best in the local area and it's very forgiving to new players. Staff is friendly and they are always flexible when someone in my party runs a little late. I only wished they had a beverage cart on the course other than that 10/10

Commented on 01/15/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Commented on 01/08/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Golf

Very playable course and excellent value for the money. I am an occasional player and enjoyed this course. It was well-suited to my skill level.

Commented on 01/08/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for the 5 stars.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Worst golf experience I have had in over 20 years of recreational golf!!!!

Let me start by saying I am a recreational golfer, but have played for over 20 years. Myself and family/friends wanted an afternoon of easy golf with beginners. Because of that, we schedule a tee time in advance for the afternoon and booked 2 for our group of 6. The pro shop guy was super courteous and friendly. But once we got on the course, things changed. We had a mixture of intermediate and new golfers. We had the less experienced set up to play "best ball" and our more experienced playing their round. Making sure we stayed aware of pace of play. We teed off on 1 and from there, the Ranger made a judgement that we would be holding up play. After both our groups went off, the Ranger decided to split up our groups and have the 2 "boys" be the lead in each group because "boys hit better shots and we can use those." When he advised me of his choice, I was in shock and didn't really reply. He then proceeded to tell me "don't worry, the boys would explain to me" along with some other comments that fell right in line with his sexism. Trust me, I knew exactly what he was saying and understood him fully!!!!!! I let him know that ALL of us had paid our greens fees and felt he was asking us something he wouldn't of others. The Ranger continued to follow us to see how we were playing. Because we stayed with the pace of the group ahead of us, all 6 of us ended up back together. So we continued together, staying 100% on pace of play. NO ONE was behind us!!!!! We stewed about this and finally, my level headed friend contacted the Pro Shop during our round to inform them of what was going on. After that, we didn't see the Ranger any more. Needless to say, NOT the golf experience we expected on a Sunday afternoon with our family and WILL NOT return to this course.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Thank you for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (407) 671-3172. Thank you for playing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Commented on 01/18/2021

Hi, Paul. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Winter Pines Golf Club!

Green’s were inconsistent

Overall it is good for what you pay. I play here a lot. This particular day, the greens were very inconsistent. Not a huge difference. Some greens were in great condition, others were not so good. Overall will play here again with friends and family!

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hi, Isaac! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Winter Pines Golf Club!

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Mary! Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club!

First Timer

Good value course, not the most pristine I’ve seen but a shorter course with some tough holes and some decent variety. Super friendly staff and got paired up with some very friendly gents making it a very good overall experience. Will be coming back again.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! Our goal is to always aim for a 5-star experience, so we welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Winter Pines Golf Club. We hope to have you back again soon!

Staff Are Jerks and Course Is Average

I grew up on this golf course. My parents still live on one of the fairways. For over 30 years, this course had a reputation for being an average course at an average price - nothing more than an opportunity to get in some swings at municipal quality course. There's nothing interesting about the course, and the course quality is average.
In the last two months, I've been twice and, each time, the staff are jerks. Rude, dismissive, and confrontational over minor items.
This time, I arrived on time for our tee time, only to find that the first tee was clogged with a back-up for golfers. Then, while waiting, we all got lectured by an older man, who is power-tripping on his "ranger" title. We teed off 45 minutes late and slowly dragged through the course behind a slow 4-some. Behind us, we had a three-some that would not give us clearance to play, including once teeing off and hitting our cart.
The staff are rude jerks, who cannot properly run their course. Also, I had to prepay $2.99 on GolfNow, but the staff didn't recognize that and charged me the full rate. Also, none of the staff members wore masks (if that's important to you).
In sum, the course is average, the staff is below average, and I won't be going back.

Christmas Golf was Awesome bit COLD!!

Great day at the course on even a better day being Christmas! Staff’s always great! Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!

Commented on 01/05/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club!

Commented on 01/05/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences with us! Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club!

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us at (407) 671-3172 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Winter Pines Golf Club!

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hello and thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Commented on 12/18/2020

Thank you for reviewing us, Tim. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Winter Pines Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens are not ready

The greens are not ready to be played on. They must be fixing them or aerating them. Course is usually pretty good.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Winter Park, Florida