Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Edgewater Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Bar, Snacks

Fair weather

Hidden Gem!

Played 12/21/15
Course was muddy in spots but generally in great shape. Greens were excellent & very fast. Great place to play & best value in the area. My second visit, helps to know the course. A few blind shots but nothing unfair. Great staff & a great day!

My first hole in one!

Probably my 50th(ish) round at this course since ‘22. Never once been disappointed with the course conditions or staff. Made my first ace on hole 11 on January 19th, 2023! Look forward to many more rounds at this one of a kind course.

Always Enjoyable

Really like this course - drive over an hour and a half to meet family and friends to play here but, well worth it. One of the few courses to still have bent greens which I love and they are pretty well taken care of. Plan on returning to play here many times.

Commented on 01/13/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 01/13/2023

Hi, u000002890183. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 01/13/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Winter conditions

It's January, so expect dormant fairways; dry today and only 2 holes with cart path only. Greens in good shape and fairly quick. Bunkers have plenty of sand. Housing construction is going to ruin the scenery as trees are clear cut.

Commented on 01/13/2023

Hi, u585344744. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 01/13/2023

Hi, chrogr10. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Edgewater Golf Club.

Played on day which had morning rain

We played at 11:30 on a day which had early rain up until about an hour before our start time. We had cart path only for our round but we’re please with how well course has drained - centers of some fairways were soppy but overall conditions were ok. Greens were great

First time at Edgewater. Staff was super friendly and course was in great shape. some short drivable par 4’s. Every hole was different and lots of elevated tees.

Great course until you get to the back nine.

Went on a slow day and I can say overall the course was amazing to play on. Definitely better than the ones around rock hill. My only complaint is that the course seems to be well design until you get to the back nine. Besides one hole, these are the longest holes on the entire course and they are back to back. Which is why I think there was a severe back up when I got to hole 10. Which severely increase my time per hole trying to wait or pass the groups in front of me when I realize there were three more groups in front of them. Of course this could be bad luck which is why I will defend return at some point!

First time

Great 👍 first trip to Edgewater. Saw some wildlife, made some birdies and the scenery was fantastic. Would love to come back.

10/10 all around

Bought just a one golfer pass and was paired up with two others. They were a great time and played the course often so I got to learn where not to hit my shank. Beautiful course. Greens are quick. I have already recommended this course to others and plan on going back. Very fun time and very scenic routes from each hole to the next.

Soft greens still recovering

Played here on Tuesday, uncrowded w great weather. Greens were punched a couple of weeks ago, so they are soft and still recovering. Bunkers have plenty of good sand. Love playing here but too far from home for a weekly trip from Matthews. Clubhouse is limited. Carts are good but no GPS.

People are great here, the staff is very friendly. This
is one of our favorite courses, unfortunately we live
in Charlotte and it is about a one hour drive.
They have just ariated the greens so they were a little bumpy but rolled true.

Terrible pace of play

To be fair, the course conditions were very good it’s and a very nice course, and the staff was friendly, however the pace of play was absolutely terrible, 5 hours for 18 holes is completely unacceptable. We teed off at 8:44 AM on a Sunday morning, So maybe 5-6 groups ahead of us and of course I understand it’s a weekend, but 4.5 hours should be the maximum not 5. It really ruins your round when you have to wait that long after every shot. We got backed up on Every par 3, we drove up to the Teebox and the Group ahead of us were just teeing off. Again, weekend golf is never fast and I’m very aware of this, but come on Edgewater you really need to do a better job than this.

Too Slow -Still Aerated

5-hour golf! Ugh. Golf is a three (3) hour game, people. Not four. Three. But when it gets to 4:30….it’s so bad.
Like most courses, the staff here is clueless about how to make their course a fast-play haven. Not do they understand all the great things that will come from that.
Sad to see bad golfers cranking the tunes in their cart & smothering the ball around the course for hours. Edgewater is a great facility….but…….too…….s-l-o-w

Great Falls, South Carolina
Lancaster, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Chester, South Carolina
Kershaw, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Winnsboro, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.