A view from tee #1 at Vintage Course from Mount Vintage Golf Club.

Mount Vintage Golf Club

Fairways Bermuda 419 Grass
Greens Champion G12 Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Fivesomes Allowed Yes, with permission only.
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar

Clubhouse, Lounge, Lockers, Locker Rooms

Riding

Good weather

Beautiful, picturesque & challenging golf course!!

I have been wanting to go over and play this course for quite some time. It is about 90 miles from my house but decided to go and try it after seeing a great deal on GolfNow for a 12:30 PM tee time on Saturday, August 1, 2015. Mount Vintage Plantation has 3 9-hole courses so you may want to be prepared for extra holes! The course is extremely picturesque, challenging & in great condition. Pace of play was also good but that is probably because of mid-day tee time though. I would definitely recommend in making the drive over to play this jewel of a course!! You will not be disappointed, I assure you of that. Make sure that you take extra balls because for the majority of golfers, you will need them! Staff was very friendly and overall, it was a great day of golf for me with a 72. Definitely recommended!!

Commented on 01/24/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course!

Commented on 01/17/2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course!

Commented on 01/17/2023

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course!

Great Course with Sad Dealings

This is fun course to play, always in great shape and requires you to think your way around if you're to score well. That being said the following made the day very frustrating: 1-Man in pro shop needs a smile a/o attitude adjustment 2-He ought to inform us we're being stuck behind tourney allowed to start mid-round (hole #7) especially when you have 3 nines. 3-The group we had to follow was 15-20 minutes behind the group in front of them after only playing holes 7-9 then when into bar for drinks before heading to next tee. Staff had good chuckle about this group telling us to expect them to do this. 4-FINALLY, after waiting on every hole for your members to drag themselves around my twosome finished 5 plus hours later we finish so SADLY I count cars in the parking lot...32 cars. Means to me the course should have used common sense to let us play differently. I worked at a military golf course so I've seen everything you can imagine and I know what to call this.

Commented on 01/17/2023

Thank you for visiting us at Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great value, amazing course

For the price, you can’t beat it. Amazing course design with a lot of slopes. A little wet on our day but still playable.

Commented on 01/24/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course.

Great course!!! Although...

One thing I love about this course is that it's 27 holes (3 9-hole courses) and you don't which 2 you're gonna play that day. All 3 are great but it is always a fun surprise. The only negative thing I can say is that the staff members were not pleasant or personable. I've played there between 7-9 times and each time the male attendent was unpleasant for no apparent reason. I dread having to encounter him before my round. Besides that I highly recommend the course. I'm new to the area and lived here for 1 year. I was expecting more "southern hospitality."

Enjoyable but slow paced

Really enjoyed the opportunity to play but the pace was so slow, only got 13 holes (1:40 tee time) in before cart had to be returned. Not enough carts for the groups so group in front of us had two walkers and two riders. Pace became super slow. Will try again another day for sure.

Happy customer

I just read the previous review on this course! I played that day an yes it was cold. I personally thought the gentleman in the shop was very professional. I thought the course was worth the price we were paying that day! I would definitely come back an play this course no matter how far I have to drive. So that being said, I think the previous review those individuals apparently do not understand what a dress code is because it doesn’t fit them! If you book through Golf Now the dress code is stated. So this is just my opinion, if you think your entitled to dress the way you want to and the price is to high for you maybe just maybe this is not the course for you. So, I sincerely hope you enjoy your next round wherever that might be!!

Commented on 01/17/2023

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Worst Golf Experience / Waste of Personal Time

I have played this course maybe 50-60 times in the past several years, this was the most ridiculous experience I have ever had on a golf course. I will not return and I will not recommend this course to anyone of my golf buddies in the area.

Let me set the stage:

It was December 17th. Yes… December 17th. Temperature was in the 40s with a breeze. My in laws were in town for Christmas and because we had just had our 2nd child (he was 10 days old at this time). My father in law try to get a round or two of golf in everytime we are together. We’ve played golf all across the country together.

Well I didn’t want to play the phone game with the pro shop… so I went on GolfNow to see if there was anything available… and I booked a tee time for my father in law and I for $122 total for the 2 of us. Granted this course is absolutely not worth that price. I’ve played it many times for ~$30. The only reason I didn’t mind paying that much is because of the holiday / new baby / not knowing the next time I’d be able to play. Bottom line though: I wouldn’t pay more than $45 to play this course.

Mind you - this course is out in the middle of nowhere. It’s a 40 minute drive one way from my house to the course. The nearest convenience store is 20 miles from the course.

So we show up and check in about 30 minutes early for our tee time. We ask if we can hit a bucket of balls… and the pro shop worker says “absolutely, they are $10 apiece”. Recognizing that that’s pretty steep for a small bucket I reply “we will just split one”. The merchant replied “oh no, you can’t split a bucket.. you both have to buy one”. My father in law and I make eye contact and both think this is kind of a ridiculous standard and my father in law replies “ I think we’ll just putt”.

So we go out to the practice green for about 15 minutes to roll some putts in anticipation for a fun round. It’s about 5 minutes before our tee time and the pro shop worker comes out and says “I can’t let you go out on to the course”. I’m baffled and I ask “how come”? He replies “I can’t let you out there in those jeans. The members will get upset and start
Calling up to the pro shop”. Just so we are all on the same page, this is literally the first (and last) time I’ve ever worn jeans to a golf course. However, the reason I did it is because it was cold and windy and jeans hold in the warmth better than a pair of adidas or footjoy golf pants. My father in law is a member at one of the most exclusive courses in Oklahoma and they allow jeans on the course from November - February due to the cold. Also - I still looked nice. I had a long sleeved Footjoy collared golf shirt, with an Oak Tree Country Club vest, a Champions Retreat golf cap, and footjoy golf shoes on.

So I said “well do you all have any pants in your pro shop that I can buy so that we can play some golf? I just drove 40 mins and my father in law is in from 1500 miles away. This may be our only opportunity to golf for a long time”. He replies “nope we only have shorts in the pro shop”.

Then I asked if I could at least have a refund since I paid $122 and drove 40 mins and didn’t even get to make a full swing. He said “you’ll have to work that out with golf now”.

So we start heading back and I called GolfNow. They were nice as can be. The only thing they needed was to call the course and verify the incident from the course perspective. They have been calling the course for 2 days and can’t get ahold of anyone. Anyway - GolfNow ends up just giving back the $122 in credit.

All in all… from the range balls to the price/value of the actual course, to how they treated us… I wouldn’t recommend it or go back.

Commented on 12/20/2022

Great course, but wet conditions dampened our round.

Commented on 12/20/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course. We appreciate your great rating and review. We hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 12/05/2022

Commented on 11/14/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Mount Vintage Golf Club - Chester Course!

Commented on 11/14/2022

Commented on 11/18/2022

Commented on 11/11/2022

Commented on 11/09/2022

Best on Golf Now

This course is the best on Golf Now in the CSRA--it is also one of the ten best in SC- if you have not played-this course is a must---EXCELLENT ALL AROUND

Commented on 11/04/2022

Commented on 11/03/2022

Graniteville, South Carolina
Edgefield, South Carolina
Aiken, South Carolina
Semi-Private/Resort
Augusta, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.