Formerly known as Trophy Club of Gwinnett.

Country Club of Gwinnett

Year Built 1993
Greens Miniverde Bermuda Grass
Architect D. J. DeVictor Steve Melnyk (1993) Bill Boswell (2004)

Clubs No

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Disappointing Experience

I can't believe I'm sitting here writing a review of anything, but I'm going to put this on every site that reviews golf courses. Because this is unbelievable.

I book an 8am tee time with my brother-in-law to play CC of Gwinnett today. We show up early, and tee off on time behind two foursomes. We start on 10, so finishing on 9. A couple holes in, there's a two-some now behind us.

Naturally, we end up waiting on some tee boxes for the groups ahead of us, but it's fine. We (and everyone around us) are playing at the standard pace of play. But no faster, which is apparently where the issue lies here.

At one point, we pass the two-some behind us as we leave a tee box, and do the "groups ahead of us are a little slow, sorry," and they say "no problem at all."

We get a visit from the Marshall at one point, and it seemed like a normal check in to see how we were doing. Never asked us to pair with the group behind us, ever, and neither did the group behind us. We figure it's all good. Again, we're playing to pace.

Fast forward to 14, and my BIL and I have a ball skip by us on a fairway as we're lining up approaches. We decide the guy behind us got a hold of one, and wrote it off as an accident. Never said a word to the guys.

Then we get to our 18th hole. Par 5. We wait on the tee box a bit as there's a hazard in the fairway that got a couple of the guys ahead of us. We tee off, and we're waiting in the landing of a dog leg left (the only place to aim for), just waiting for group ahead to get off the layup area and onto the green.

I hear a smack, and a ball lands 30 feet to our left at our distance off the tee. I look back, and THE MARSHALL IS PARKED BEHIND THE TEE BOX WATCHING IT. Not kidding, guy takes two more shots off the tee, directly into us (luckily he was trash and sprayed the shots around us). But the MARSHALL SAT THERE AND WATCHED.

Then, the Marshall passes us as we're hitting our approaches, and waits by the 18th green. We finish, and he waves us over. Asks us "if we sensed the group behind us had been waiting." Seriously?! Are you antagonizing us after you facilitated a group hitting into us 15 minutes before?

I was angry. I told him that it was currently 12:05, meaning we had played our round in 4 hours and 5 minutes. He raises his voice, "yeah as a twosome behind a foursome!" I used some language back. And I pointed out the fact that the greens are COVERED in sand right now. Practically unputtable, yet we paid $67 for the round. And this is totally unacceptable treatment at a golf course, or anywhere.

I am beside myself over this. I grew up here, hadn't played the course in years, but absolutely used to love it. If for nothing else than the nostalgia of 200 rounds past.

I can't believe what I saw today out of that Marshall. What an absolutely miserable, and dangerous, experience.

Outside of that issue, the greens are again, COVERED in sand. You cannot putt right now. I highly recommend calling ahead to check the condition before booking. Although at this point, I recommend never going to this golf course. Absolute lunatic responsible for your safety.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Country Club of Gwinnett.

Commented on 06/21/2021

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Country Club of Gwinnett. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/09/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Country Club of Gwinnett. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great shape

This course hasn’t looked this good in many years. I was actually surprised. It had been going downhill.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Great! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Country Club of Gwinnett!

Very Good Value and good course layout. Greens were good -only negative was the tee boxes need some love and the temporary green on one of the holes under repair.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Commented on 06/03/2021

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Country Club of Gwinnett.

Great Value

Course was in great shape. I was surprised for a public course. The range is in rough shape but everything else was nice. Greens are pretty firm but roll great. I will definitely be back. One thing to note hole 5’s green is under repair so you can only really hit your tee and approach shot, no putting.

Great course in Gwinnett

GCC is a great course in Gwinnett. One of the holes was unplayable due to green condition. Rest of the course was well taken care of. Pace of play was good, on the back nine had a slower group in front.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Terrible Pro Shop Experience!!!

Country Club of Gwinnett

CCOG is a great course to play on. The fairway and greens are in excellent condition. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to enjoy a round in the south Gwinnett area. The older staff members are very profession and helpful. The negative is unfortunately they have a young lady named Britney in the pro-shop that is very unprofessional. She’s very dismissive of anyone of African American or Hispanic descent. This is the second time I’ve experienced her attitude and seen her talk down to other golf paying guess. She wasn’t there for a few months so I would assume she’s at college and works seasonal or was let go and rehired. In this climate of race relations when all people are striving for diversity and inclusion, I don’t believe she acceptance or a proponent of such a philosophy. Great course, but be mindful of negative childish attitude from Britney, bad management choice.

Commented on 06/03/2021

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Country Club of Gwinnett. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 05/27/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Country Club of Gwinnett!

Commented on 05/25/2021

Commented on 05/25/2021

Thanks for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Country Club of Gwinnett. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/01/2021

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Country Club of Gwinnett.

Commented on 06/01/2021

They continue to improve this course and it shows.

Greens were very fast today but roll true. Hole 5 currently has a temporary green setup not really a green just a flag stick with a hole in it in front of the current green which is under repair other than that the Overall course conditions are really good fairways in good shape you'll get a lot of rollout . hole number 14 not very forgiving should be an easy par 4 but if you do not keep the ball on the left side it will definitely roll hard right into trouble.

Commented on 05/21/2021

2nd time play

This course is interesting, it is fun to play. Greens and fairways and bunkers are in good conditions except the green on one of short holes, it was in maintenance process. Good for the price I paid. Satisfied!

Commented on 05/17/2021

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Country Club of Gwinnett. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 05/17/2021

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Country Club of Gwinnett.

Snellville, Georgia
Loganville, Georgia
Lithonia, Georgia
4.1991941176
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Conyers, Georgia
Tucker, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.