Southland Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Willard Byrd (1989) Nai Chung Chang (1989)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Swimming

Tennis

Greens!

I have played this course on and off for several years. This course layout has always been challenging, but the conditions and fairways have always been below standards. Henceforth, during this round I could greatly see the improvements and investments in course conditions (landscape work)and the greens were in phenomenal shape.

Fun Day

The golf course is in good shape. It looks like they have new management the clubhouse looks a lot cleaner and neater!

Played 18 on Sunday with anfriend

Southland is a good course and a good value for the fees they charge. It’s pretty wide-open and the greens were in good shape. It’s definitely challenging for the average golfer.

BYOB and food. They have drinks and snacks but no food.

Commented on 12/03/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback like yours for improvement. Thank you for playing Southland Golf & Country Club.

Great day

Although it was cold and breezy, we had a great time.
The greens were amazing. Smooth and slightly quick. Downhill putts were very challenging, as they should be. The leaves were well-blown off the fairways and greens. Just a great experience.

Commented on 12/03/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Southland Golf & Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 12/03/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Southland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 12/03/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your 5 star experience to our team at Southland Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/09/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Southland Golf & Country Club.

Noticeably improved!

We have played Southland many times in past years but have not gone recently. We were pleasantly surprised with the course improvements, especially the greens. We have always thought Southland had the potential to be a stellar course - some of the holes, like 12 and 17, provide picturesque views. The cart paths still need some work in many areas. Our only complaint this visit was that the two foursomes in front of us merged together and played as 8, which caused us to wait on every tee after the 2nd hole and our found took nearly 5 hours. Other than their lack of courtesy, it was a lovely, fun day on the course.

Commented on 11/09/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work to improve the course is paying off. We apologize for the pace issue. We only allow a maximum of a foursome on each hole, so please bring this to our attention in the shop and we would happily resolve this! We look forward to having you back at Southland Golf & Country Club!

Southland

I really liked the layout. I thought the greens were really challenging. I had a lot of trouble judging the speed. Some of the tee boxes were really bad while others were really good. The fairways were above average and very playable. As a single I played directly behind another single and he played behind a twosome. The round took only 3 1/2 hours which I thought was ok to good. I would play this course again.

Commented on 11/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Southland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you at the course soon.

Very much improved

Over the years Southland has been an OK place, a goat track, but now the current owners and managers have made a great effort to improve -- and have succeeded in creating a really nice course which will only get better.
Greens are fast. Hole placements are insane. Fairways mostly really nice. Tee boxes need work.

Commented on 11/02/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Southland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 10/26/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Southland Golf & Country Club. Please visit us again soon!

Pace way too slow!!

No one is monitoring the pace of play. Now that the weather has cooled off., the course has gotten too crowded and takes way too long. We left the course after 4 hours and 45 minutes and skipped the last hole. Too bad….

Commented on 10/26/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Southland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon .

Commented on 11/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for a 5-star visit! Thanks for choosing Southland Golf & Country Club.

Perfect greens, great potential

The course is in great shape overall, and provides a great value. The greens were rolling fast and smooth, and had some interesting contours. The only issue is many of the bunkers did not have sand, but that did not bother me too much. There is no halfway house and the course does't circle by the clubhouse, so pack accordingly. With a little more time and money, this will be a great place for casual golfers. Would recommend!

Commented on 10/25/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. We are glad to see you rated the course layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Southland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Hole 6 lady steals your balls

So I play this course quite often. The last 3 times I have played on hole 6 it’s an uphill drive toward a rock formation. There is an old lady who sits on a bench in the woods and will steal or pick up your drive before you get to it. I have seen her do it in multiple occasions. She did it today and got pretty aggressive about not doing it even after my partner and I visually watched her walk out of the woods and pick up my drive and proceed to put the ball In her pocket,Then walk back into the woods and sit on her bench waiting on the next drive to come near so she can pick it up. It’s quite bizarre. The first time it happened I was able to drive quick enough to call her out and she dropped me and my partners balls in the woods and threw her hands in the air as if we did something wrong. Management should figure this out.

Commented on 10/22/2021

Hmm, very interesting. We were not aware of this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Southland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Getting better

I can see greens are in very good conditions and bunkers actually have sands in them! Nice improvements. Next would be smoothing out cart path and work on fairways that has a lot of bald spots.

Commented on 10/22/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Southland Golf & Country Club!

PLEASE!!!

Southland I want to love you so much. This golf course could be so much better but everytime I come there’s always some kind of issue. Today's issue was "first come first serve" as the starter put it, who was going to just ignore tee time bookings. I understand that you have your regulars but you can't be doing that....The greens and Fairways are in pretty good shape so all in all it's good place to play.

Commented on 10/14/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Lithonia, Georgia
4.2095588235
Snellville, Georgia
Atlanta, Georgia
Ellenwood, Georgia
Atlanta, Georgia
Ellenwood, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.