A sunny day view of a well protected green from The Club At Savannah Harbor.

The Club at Savannah Harbor is steeped in Southern charm, offering dramatic views that span from the surrounding wetlands of the Back River to Savannah's famous Historic District. Sam Snead and Bob Cupp designed the golf course. Their ultimate goal was to bring to life the philosophy of "risk and reward." For example, a well executed shot placed near a hazard is rewarded with less club to the green or a better approach angle, or even both. The putting surfaces have gentle transitions to different pin locations, making them more traditional than modern. The designers incorporated another classic design element, the greens have subtle roll-offs or collars that fall away, a feature of golf courses from the 1930s and 40s. Golfers can also use the club's large, duel-ended practice facility.

The Club at Savannah Harbor Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Architect Bob Cupp (1999) Sam Snead (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Andrew Rice Golf School"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Thick Rough 31

This course is a true delight and pure joy

Everybody is so friendly here, and I really mean everybody: from the bag drop, to the golf shop, starter, ranger, all the way to the cart lady etc. You know it’s classy here when the range balls are complimentary.
The course is well designed as you start with easier holes and can get yourself warmed up and in a groove before encountering the tougher holes (#6,7). Spectacular views of Savannah and its river. Picturesque holes with the just the right mix of bunkers, doglegs, trees and ponds. Finally, a course designed for the real public and not with pro golfers in mind ! Forget the long carries, impossibly thick rough, elevated turtle-back greens your ball can’t hold ! You will truly enjoy every shot and never forget your round there. Can’t wait to come back.

Anonymous

Greens are in rough shape

One of my favorite courses to play but the greens and the fridges were in really bad shape.Extremely bumping and fridges were very long.I was very disappointed.

Great round

The greens had recently been re-seeded, so we’re not in top shape, but overall the course was in excellent shape.

Commented on 12/01/2021

Hello, u314162138115. Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

I was very disappointed because they killed their greens and did not warn anyone. Does not make any sense how courses expect a premium but don't warn their customers.

Commented on 11/29/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/29/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u810130408. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Commented on 11/29/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000002721158. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Good layout bad greens that look like the Caribbean ocean

The layout was challenging and course was in good shape except the greens. The greens looked like a turquoise ocean they must of had some issues with them keep in mind it was the off season for the Bermuda grass but they also didn’t putt very true. Did see some big gators Everything else was good except no ride to the car after the round.

Commented on 11/29/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, rnich71. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Club at Savannah Harbor, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Too wet

The area had just gotten 3+ inches of rain. I would not have played but for the fact that i had prepaid the round.
The weather was nice enough but the course was truly saturated- cart path only, naturally.
Difficult to assess the course fairly under the conditions, but the greens were abominable to putt because there were long ribbons of grass, sand and fertilizer (?) as much as an inch thick on every green where the rain drained. Something should have been done to address this situation.
I have played the course under normal conditions and it was a pleasant experience and an overall enjoyable course to play.

Commented on 11/11/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Monte2813. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Club at Savannah Harbor, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great Day

Savannah local here. I am a novice golfer at best, but I had a great time on this course. Was supposed to play on a Friday before rain hit, ended up having to take a rain check for Sunday. Although the course was very wet (unavoidable) I had a blast. Bring extra balls! I ended up putting quite a few in the marshes surrounding the course. Very friendly staff and clean facilities. I was told by other golfers that Savannah Harbor is one it the nicest public courses in the area and it definitely fit the bill. Would reccommend and play again.

Commented on 11/10/2021

Hi, jelmusmari. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Pairing up groups

I don't appreciate being lied to from your staff about making me ride with a partner when I paid on tee off for a 18 hole round of golf and a cart for myself your staff member said that there was not enough carts for today if we split in each of us took a cart that was a bold-faced lie because when we came back to the clubhouse there was just as many golf carts as when we left to go out. So while covid-19 is running wild and your guys are pairing up two people to a cart and if one of those people have covid and get sick and dies then that is on your hands apparently social distancing doesn't pertain to the country club.

Commented on 11/11/2021

Hello, u420253621. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the inconvenience. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain health and safety standards by maintaining the cleanliness of our equipment and carts. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor. We hope to see you again soon.

tough course.

the course was very difficult because of the very high rough. we could not find several balls hit in the rough because it was so deep. several greens were not in good shape

Commented on 11/08/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, 83hokie. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Club at Savannah Harbor, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 11/08/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, spbcollins. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor!

SENIOR LOSS

ALWAYS ENJOY PLAYING THIS COURSE. ITS IN GOOD SHAPE EVERY TIME AND THE WEATHER IS USUALLY GREAT. THE PAC E OF PLAY IS ALWAYS GOOD AND THE WILDLIFE IS USUALLY INTERESTING TO SEE, GATORS ESPECIALLY.

Commented on 10/25/2021

Hi, BILLHOHMAN. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at The Club at Savannah Harbor, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Hopefully recovering

Arrived at the pro shop and was greeted as expected. From there it went down hill. Course staff refused to provide balls for the driving range and gave me an excise as to why they weren’t giving me range balls. Later overheard in their radios that they just couldn’t be bothered. Course restaurant closed 20mns early and had similar “couldn’t be bothered” attitude as the cart staff. Started our round and found the course challenging as expected but the Greens were in terrible shape. Not sure how this course will fair as they attempt to recover from ownership changes. I hope they do cause the course would be incredible if taken care of.

Commented on 10/25/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000004361390. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Club at Savannah Harbor, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/11/2021

Hi, u000005693341. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Commented on 10/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing us, skipsox2004. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor, and we hope to see you again soon.

Somebody needs to pay attention to the course condition

I was excited to drive four hours to meet some friends to play this course. I had seen some shaky reviews on the conditions and hoped that was cleaned up. To my surprise it was not. The fairways looked like they had been cut by Ray Charles. They were horrible with uneven cuts. They were mowed to the dirt in spots and there were piles of clippings all over the place. The greens were also scalped to the point that they were painted green. Given the price you pay for this course and it's kind of a destination place in Savannah to play, you would think they would keep it in better shape. My local muni course is kept better than this for about 25% of the price to play. I'm shocked that nobody in mgt has seen this or done something about it.

Commented on 10/06/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u8560099. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Club at Savannah Harbor, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Beautiful golf day weather.

I have a 1236pm tee time but was able to go out early as a single. Was allowed to bring my wife with me who doesn't play golf. With her driving me around, I was able to finish my round in less than four hours, not bad for a visitor.

Commented on 10/06/2021

Hi, 07109. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Savannah, Georgia
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
SEA ISLAND, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Sea Island and 3 rounds at Sea Island Seaside, Plantation & Retreat Courses.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.