A sunny day view of a well protected green from The Club At Savannah Harbor.

The Club at Savannah Harbor is steeped in Southern charm, offering dramatic views that span from the surrounding wetlands of the Back River to Savannah's famous Historic District. Sam Snead and Bob Cupp designed the golf course. Their ultimate goal was to bring to life the philosophy of "risk and reward." For example, a well executed shot placed near a hazard is rewarded with less club to the green or a better approach angle, or even both. The putting surfaces have gentle transitions to different pin locations, making them more traditional than modern. The designers incorporated another classic design element, the greens have subtle roll-offs or collars that fall away, a feature of golf courses from the 1930s and 40s. Golfers can also use the club's large, duel-ended practice facility.

The Club at Savannah Harbor Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Architect Bob Cupp (1999) Sam Snead (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Andrew Rice Golf School"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Thick Rough 32

Great day in the off-season

I played the course in mid-December on a cool but pleasantly sunny day. The course was not crowded at all due to season, although there was a large group going off later. Conditions were wonderful, and the layout was great. Staff was helpful and courteous. At the bargain rate I got, the day was a tremendous value. It was nice to play a course where the pros play (the Liberty Mutual Legends event on the Champions' Tour). I will do it again next vacation to the Hilton Head area.

Should not have been allowed on the course given its condition.

We were excited to revisit a course that we seek to play every winter during our southern trip. We have always enjoyed our visit to The Club. The area had received on consecutive days a few days prior to our playing. Enough time had elapsed since the last rain that we anticiated play on this date would be fine. The day was overcast but plenty warm for this time of year with little to no wind.. excited we were! Upon arrival we were notified it would be cart path only... ok... however, we did not expect from hole 1 through 18 for the course to be a quagmire. I went through three pairs of socks during the round. The only spots that did not squish water when walking were the high points of any mounding near the cart paths and the highest points around any traps or bunkers.... and naturally the green surfaces. We should never have been allowed on the course... afraid to swing as you could not rely on keeping your balance. It would have been grand to have been offered another day to play. We are still in the area and a complimentary round would be grand. It is a wonderful course, just not the experience we are accustomed .

Disappointing

My overall experience was disappointing. The tee boxes, fairways were a disaster. The grill staff seemed to be annoyed to do their job. I would never play there again.

LOCATE GOLFER

GOLF WAS VERY CHALLENGING, BECAUSE IT WAS WET, WINDY, AND CHILLY, BUT THE COURSE PLAYED WELL. IN THESE CONDITION I DON'T PLAY VERY GOOD. I WILL PLAY IT AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

Commented on 01/26/2023

Thank you for your review, lovecyn. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The course was in very good condition and shape for the time of year!

This was my second time playing there in a week and I just booked another tee time for Monday. Love the layout and course. The staff made you feel very comfortable.

Commented on 01/26/2023

Thank you for your review, j14flynn. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/20/2023

Hi, mmattison. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Commented on 01/19/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Commented on 01/19/2023

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Great course. The brand new greens are hard to make the ball stop on but that will change over time.

Commented on 01/19/2023

Thank you for your review, u314163653141. We will pass along your experience to our team at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great layout.

Great layout as no two holes are the same. greens were in good shape. One negative is the greens were hard so had to hit short & let ball roll to pin.

Commented on 01/26/2023

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u00000436627! We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Club at Savannah Harbor.

It very not very busy on Wed afternoon. Pace of play was good.

Commented on 01/19/2023

Hello, Tarheel7375. Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/19/2023

Hi, Charles3266287. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Commented on 01/10/2023

Hello, u314163278160. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Bice course near downtown

Played here with my son while visitinf Savannah over holiday week. We both enjoyed.

Greens were a bit slow but to be fair we had just come off several days of rain. So maybe they were behind on mowing?

Enjoyed the layout. Friendly off the Tee but the greens are large and to score you still need to be precise with approach shots.
Would return to this venue for another round.

Commented on 01/10/2023

Hello, Rodfern. Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/10/2023

Hi, jhull62. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Love this course

Got a great price for a Monday afternoon. Played by myself, got slowed down by foursome, but they let me play through so I finished in just 3 hours. Love being able to play on nice grass in mid-December. Fairways and greens were in pretty good shape. Course is a good challenge for me (mid 90’s scorer). Mostly wide fairways and easier greens than most (although they are well guarded with sand traps). Not much water to worry about.

Commented on 12/22/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, jhull62. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Club at Savannah Harbor thanks you!

Savannah Harbor

Excellent experience from the moment I parked in the lot.
Practice greens were in excellent shape for this time of year.
Attendants were the best I've ever seen. Truly are Attendants, very much appreciated.
Bunkers were raked and plenty of fluff.
Greens were fast and healthy.
I love golfing here.

Commented on 12/22/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

3.1946352941
Savannah, Georgia
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.