Annbriar Golf Course in Waterloo is one of the top 10 golf courses in Illinois. The course was built on rolling farmland covered with native wild grasses. The layout eases you into the challenges with a links-style front nine that is less demanding than the back nine. The fairways are invitingly wide but if you miss them, you'll be faced with thick fescue. The back nine takes advantage of the surprisingly undulating terrain, which is unexpected since just across the river the land is almost totally flat. Annbriar's signature hole, the par-4 11th, was voted the best hole in the St. Louis area. From an elevated tee, golfers enjoy a stunning view as they play down into a valley. This hole is also the no. 1 handicap hole on Annbriar Golf Course.

Annbriar Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1993)

Dress code Proper golf attire, i.e., a collared shirt is required. No jeans, tank tops, cutoffs, or swimsuits.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

No Marshall. Waited 5-15min on every hole almost. Cart died on the 13th green. Only saw the drink cart 2 x in a 5 1/2 round on the 1st and 6th hole

Woof. I won’t be back until there is a special price

Course in great condition though

Top Public Course

Annbriar is one of , if not the top public course in the St. Louis area. Great layouts, with two different style of nines.

Commented on 05/14/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Annbriar Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 05/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Annbriar Golf Course!

Commented on 05/03/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Annbriar Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 04/26/2021

I can't believe it took me until now to play Annbriar!

This was my first time to play Annbriar. I had thought about it many times but never made the trip to Waterloo. I wish I had done so before now! The course was in very good condition for early spring. The greens had recently been aerated, so they didn't roll very true, but I could tell that they were normally in great condition. The layout was very challenging, especially the back nine. We played as a 2-some and made the round in exactly 4 hours. I'll play here again!

Commented on 04/19/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Annbriar Golf Course.

Weekday round. 1:27 tee time. Course was in great shape except for greens which were still recovering from air rating 2-3 weeks earlier .Staff was super friendly. Pace of play was fine. We played as 2 couples in 4 hours and 15 minutes after letting 2 different singles thru.

Commented on 04/16/2021

Great day

Pops and I went out at about 930 and got done around 2. Course is in great shape for early April. Greens are firm. Be mindful of your lie in the fairway, some spots are wet and I chunked a few from what I thought was good lie. Wish this course was closer to me!

Commented on 04/13/2021

Commented on 04/13/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Annbriar Golf Course. We appreciate your rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/12/2021

Commented on 04/07/2021

Great Course, terrible pace of play and all greens had just been aerated

Great course and will definitely play again but will try to avoid late March/early April and also September when most courses aerate their greens. The other problem was the pace of play. I have played this course in the past and the pace of play is usually OK but today it was absolutely brutal. Over 5 1/2 hours to play 18 holes. The biggest problem I see is that they have their tee times set 8 minutes apart. If you are going so set them that close you can't place the pins in difficult places on the greens. They really need to go to 10 minute tee off intervals. Another issue was that we had to wait for a cart as they had run out Again, let me emphasis, this is an absolutely great golf course and i will play it again but will try to avoid playing on a Sat or Sun.

Commented on 04/07/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Annbriar Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course, but long wait

Start was delayed by 20 minutes due to frost delays, which is understandable, but my group was waiting 5-10 minutes at every tee box due to the groups in front of us. We only played 15 holes in the 5 hours that we were there. The greens were not in great condition, but it is early in the season. Overall still like the course, but would not play there again if the waits are this long.

Commented on 04/07/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Annbriar Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Missouri Advisor

The Best In St. Louis

These qualities are aways there at Annbriar. Great price for the quality of course you are playing. Great layout. The restuarant food is very good and a great staff to attend to your needs, The pro shop staff could not be more friendly. The owner, William Nobbe is always in the clubhouse chatting with the golfers too.

A little to early to give comments on the condition of the course. However, the course was in fine shape for early April. They just aerated the greens on March 29/30 which made putting nearly impossible.

No mention of aeration

Normally a favorite course but no mention of green aeration on either golfnow or website/ greens were so sandy they were just about unputtable/ otherwise an outstanding course

Commented on 04/02/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We would like to apologize for any miscommunication regarding your round and are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. Thanks for visiting Annbriar Golf Course. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Commented on 04/02/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Annbriar Golf Course!

Commented on 04/02/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Annbriar Golf Course!

Slow

I love the course but they need to get control of the pace of play. I’m on hole 14 tee box, tee time was 1:36. I’m almost 4 hours in and only 13 holes played and it’s slower now than when we started. I’d rather quit golfing than go this slow.

Commented on 03/23/2021

To improve, get a ranger and help educate people about how quickly they should be playing. People can't be relied upon to understand the expected pace of play and practice common courtesy.

Commented on 03/23/2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Annbriar Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Annbriar Golf Course!

Painfully Slow

Nice course, but was the slowest round I have ever played- 5+45- which made th experience miserable. Never saw a marshal and no effort was ever made to speed play along.

Commented on 03/23/2021

Hello, We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Annbriar Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

3.2073