2.3

MetroWest Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Fairways Bermuda 419 Grass
Greens Tiftway II Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1987) Roger Rulewich (1987) Billy Fuller (2013)

Golf School Academy Yes - "MetroWest Golf Learning Center"

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #20)

Hit or Miss

Metrowest is unique to Orlando as it offers elevation changes and a great view of the downtown skyline. Unfortunately it’s often hit or miss with regard to the course condition. Sometimes the bunkers are washed out, fairways and tee boxes sparse or the greens are patchy. There are some areas that do not drain well, so I try to avoid the course after we receive rain. On my latest visit, the greens were excellent. The fairways were lush and the couple of bunkers I found had plenty of sand and the exit areas prevented excessive foot traffic. It is an excellent test for all skill levels, just be sure to play from the appropriate tees, as the course always plays longer than the scorecard.

Still a good value

The course is not in the condition it used to be but it is still a good value The greens are an excellent shape The fairways are in good condition everything else is a little suspect

Plays Once a year

Skip the back 9 and range on mondays

The first 9 are laid out well and are tucked below hiawassee rd so there’s no wind in play. I love the price and location is great for anywhere in metro Orlando. Biggest disappointment was no driving range on Mondays.

Best value around

The course is not in the condition that your custom to with metro West but they have overseated the fairways the greens are rolling very nice and the pace of play was very good all in all a great value

Hmmmmmm.....

I played here many years ago and was excited to get to play it again even though the reviews weren't the greatest. Well, I can say I played 1/2 of it!!!
The pace of play was so slow that I never got to play the back nine and ended up playing the front again so I could get in 18, my tee time was 1:45, but I got out at 1:00
The course itself is a shell of what it used to be, but that seems to be the way things have gone at many Orlando courses. I will play again because I want to play the back nine, but it will be a morning tee time!

Coming Back

Always enjoyed this course but it was let go for the longest time however there is a significant improvement over the last few months. Driving range still needs help and they need to fill the sand jugs if they want to keep the course nice. You can't fill divots, what's the deal with that? Greens are fast and really rolling well. Keep up the improvements it's showing for sure!

Played the course over a year ago and dissapointed the current conditions of the greens etc. Really has gone downhill in past 15 months.

MetroWest in Disarray

Wow, I paid $28 for 18 holes and I feel like I should have been paid to play there, not the other way around.

The course is SO far gone the only way the green complexes are going to be saved is by tearing them apart and starting from scratch.

Seriously, RUN as fast as you can to any other course in the area. Crazy how a course once perfect is now less than the quality of a goat pasture.

Ouch

I read a lot of the reviews before coming you you people are crazy. This course is awful. Poorly run, poorly maintained and really not worth the price. There is no rough just dirt and crab grass. People playing don’t fix ball marks debits or anything so cutting services are also awful when you play a challenging layout do you want to be able to putt for birdie or par without having to worry about your ball bouncing up and down on Ball marks , dragged feet marks and it’s really unfair to call the green green you should be calling the Browns.Dirty range balls no rangers so random singles, doubles just slowing everything down. Unfortunate.

Getting Better

Definitely improving. It’s not perfect. But it’s a good value.
What separates is the layout. It’s awesome!
See you again soon

Fairways and Greens in good shape

I didn’t want to play here because the reviews were awful. Honestly the fairways and greens are in great shape. Rough and bunkers need work. The pace of play and staff was great. If it stays under $50 you should go and play here.

Impressed

I am very impressed with the continuing improvements the current management team is making with this course. I play here more than anywhere else locally and see a marked improvement in course conditions every time I tee it up. Hats off to management and greens keeper/crew for all their hard work!

Coming Back

The current management appears to be trying to bring back this course. Very friendly staff and course conditions are improving. Hope they keep up the effort to continue improvement as this is fun course layout.

Commented on 12/21/2020

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Hampton Golf Management

Phone was stolen by person cleaning clubs

As we approach the last hole. We parked and I use my phone as a GPS so it was place on the seat when I went to the green to putt out. My fathers back was hurting so he did not finish the last hole. He said he was going to clean everything out of the cart. I was on the green putting for birdie and I noticed my father had finished and he was walking toward the green to watch me finish up because I was having my best round of the year. After finishing we got in the cart and drove to the area of the bag drop off. When we arrived I asked my dad where he put my phone and he said I thought you grabbed it. So I went running back to the cart area where our cart was parked and as I was looking around the kid cleaning the clubs brought me my phone. Then my dad said when I got off the cart on the last hole your phone was on the seat where it had been all day. I never put it in the center console because I have a clear case and I don’t want it to scratch my case. So my dad went to ask the kid who was cleaning our clubs on the last hole where did you find the phone. He replied in the center console. So right there we knew he was not telling the truth. On our way home I called the club house to speak to the head pro or GM and the gentleman said I’m the manger on duty. When we tried to tell him the situation that occurred he was aggressive with us and didn’t even let my father finish the sentence of what he was trying to explain. So if you don’t want your phone stolen I would not trust this course. I will be letting all my friends know.

Commented on 12/27/2020

you really think he stole your phone. The guy cleans out carts for living, he probably finds 10 phones a day. How long would he be working there if phones were turning missing everyday. If I was management I wouldn't want to hear from a guy would is calling me on his phone that he is accusing me of stealing. I hope you scratch your clear case next time.

Commented on 12/21/2020

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us directly at info@hampton.golf . We look forward to hearing from you.

Our Sincerest Regards,

Commented on 12/10/2020

Our Sincerest Regards,

Commented on 12/07/2020

Good afternoon,

We are elated to hear that you had a satisfactory experience with us. We work tirelessly to ensure that our service and facilities are beyond your expectations upon arrival, as we believe in creating an environment that allows you to not only have a good time, but make lasting memories. Your positive feedback allows us to continue to build and grow with our consumer base so we can continue to optimize each special opportunity to make you happy. Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,