A view of hole #5 at Charles T. Myers Golf Course.

Charles T. Myers Golf Course

Year Built 1986
Architect Bill Love (1986)

Carts Yes - $9.50

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2020 #21)

Not Bad for a Municipal Course

Not a bad course to play. Crowded, but it’s like that everywhere. Greens were quick but a little rough. Overall decent value and a great layout.

Challenging layout

Fairways, sand traps and roughs in good condition. Greens held the approach shot, rolled true and were medium speed. Course is always heavily played.

No course ranger

It took us four hours and 50 minutes to finish 18 holes
They have a twosome with an inexperienced girl in front of our front two players that took almost 20 minutes a hole terribly
No course management at all

Always a fun course to play

I've been playing Charles T Meyers for over 10 years and it is in the best shape ever! The crew takes great care in the course and especially the new greens they have installed. Other local courses have let their new greens go downhill, but not this course. Pro shop is always friendly, lets you know of anything happening that day that may affect your round, and has that great attitude you want in a course.

First time

First time here, the golf pro at check in was very friendly, as well as the snack lady but the food was not great and she only filled the drinks three quarters full. The greens are super slow, and tee boxes full of past poor tee shots. Fairways are decent but the pace of play was so slow. Had a line of four groups going into the 16 hole.

What a great golf course to play! Not too hard, not so easy. Just right course when we played from the gold tee box,6334 yards. I enjoyed the course. I am handi 16 player.

Nice layout

Fairways and roughs in good condition. Sand traps had been deep raked. Greens rolled true, held most approach shots, were medium fast speed.

Had two people who couldn’t show due to work conflicts last minute and the course charged be for their two rounds. Not my fault they couldn’t make it. The course was also not busy when I played and there was no hold up.

BEWARE OF HIGHER PRICES CHARGED AT CHECK IN

This is a nice course layout with usually above average conditions. Why the terrible review. Simple. Matter of principle. This pricing scheme has been going on for some time and it’s the second time it’s happened to me. Goes like this. You make a tee time on golf now with pay at the course option. When you arrive they add $10 to the price. My round was $49 for me and 3 other friends joining me. They said rate was $59 and could not be responsible for golf now numbers. Well they agree to a price to sell these rounds not golf now. They would not budge. We all griped and paid the extra $40 between us. The staff was rude about the price difference and arrogant about it. Monday I called golf now and was at least given an apology and $20 vouchers for the issue that could be used on any hot time after 12pm during the week. They also said that this course has had multiple complaints similar in nature. Earlier last month I had a buddy drive from kings mountain to meet me for golf. I called course directly this time and a young lady took me tee time and told me the rate 12:50 would be 39 and if I wanted 1:20 it would be 34. I took the 12:50. My friend called me on the way and said I thought the rate was $39 they want $49. I told him to wait til I got there. Upon arrival I spoke to manager Alex. Explained this is second time they have done this. He was extremely rude and looked at me in his office and smirked at me saying he was not going to honor the price and the rate was $49. I went out and immediately called the owner of this course network and left a detailed message after his gracious greeting of please leave me your email and phone number because I want to address your concern. I called my home course and explained what happened and we were there in 30 min because it was a matter of principle and I was not giving in to their tee time scam even over $10 and having to leave and drive 15 miles at last minute Followed up with another message Monday at end of day. Then again 3 days later. No reply at all from owner. They are running a scam and after several discussions with others I have found out it has happened to them as well. Most people just want to play golf. They get there ready to go and it’s now too late to make other plans because tee times are scarce now especially on the weekends so they get told a bumped up price and pay any way but not happy about it. They are making there fee or commission paid to GN for the reduced fee tee time by adding the extra $10 at check. In. Stay away and BEWARE of this courses ownership and management business practices. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Rude Staff

Every time you walk in you wonder to yourself “what have I done to make them so upset?” And then you realize that they are just mean people. Never met such a collective group of Scrooge’s. The course is in great shape for a muni which is a shame because I will never deal with the rudeness of the staff again if I can help it. Wish I could buy this place to replace them all. Try being kind for once.

Good course, very wide fairways, greens in great condition. Good place to play.

Birdied 18

Greens in good shape, the course was in excellent shape considering the heavy rain it had gotten the evening before.

Great Public Course

This was my first time playing here and I was not disappointed at all. The course conditions were great considering price and it being a municipal track. Layout was great. Glad to see a decent length public course from the tips compared to some others around Charlotte.

Matthews, North Carolina
Matthews, North Carolina
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Concord, North Carolina
Indian Trail, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.