2.2
2.1

Style Traditional/Executive

Coronado Golf Course is as excellent place for golfers to work on their short game and it is also great for beginners. The course is relatively flat making it pleasantly walkable. The greens are large and the fairways are lined with trees, but still have generous landing areas. The holes are quite challenging with water hazards and bunkers coming into play. The relaxed atmosphere and affordability of the course have made it popular among locals, yet the course is still surprisingly not crowded most of the time. Coronado Golf Course has convenient practice facilities, including a lighted driving range that stays open until 9 every night.

Coronado Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Architect Milton Coggins (1966) Jeff Hardin (1966) Greg Nash (1966) Jack Snyder (1966)

Credit Cards Accepted No

9-Hole Rounds 25

Quick and Fun

My husband and I are both beginners so we appreciate a quick and easy 9-hole course. This was fantastic. Great course for a bargain.

Coronado

Driving range and practice putting green were good. The fareways were mostly dirt with a little grass. There was no marker on the tees to indicate what hole you were on or the yardage. Also no hole number on the flagsticks. Lots of range balls scattered on the fareways made it difficult to find your ball at times. The price was very reasonable at $10-13. The clubhouse people were very helpful and amiable.

Commented on 05/07/2021

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Coronado Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Course could be in better shape

You get what you pay, don't expect much, bunkers don' t get raked, fairways appear to be browning a little early, the greens are okay, it's really a course for beginners or those wanting to play a quick 9 at an executive course, snowbirds are gone & you locals know what to expect, the driving range is the draw for this course-

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Had a good time. I'm still learning how to play and the course was challenging enough. A little too much dirt in spots which hopefully improves. Staff was super friendly and enjoyed the quick nine holes.

Never Again

They pack them in here and it shows. Teed off fifteen minutes behind schedule, two groups in front of us waiting to tee off on every hole, no one fixes their divots. An hour in and waiting to tee off of hole five right now. We are going to walk off after nine, not worth it.

Commented on 04/05/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Horrible experience

I arrived early and they did not have my reservation. They blamed it on the app. Demanded I pay again. I showed them I already paid via the app and my bank. Staff was rude. Did not offer score cards or direction to first hole. No course map and holes were not labeled. I would not golf here again or recommend it even for the low price.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to Managment and thank you for choosing Coronado Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Coronado Golf Course.

Worse customer service

I never meet anyone that is so grumpy! Big heavy old man at the front desk does not want to help at all. If you don’t like your job stay retired. So rude over about me having no cash on me to buy a hat to play because I forgot my hat. Will never go there again. It was my 2nd time there.

The course is terribly managed

I understand that the price is lower, but it’s ridiculous that 90% of the course is dirt. They maintain the first tee and the last tee so it looks nice when you get there and then everything else is hard pack dirt that penalizes you for hitting a good shot off the tee.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Coronado Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 03/10/2021

Hello Ryan, Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Coronado Golf Course.

Ms

Out of carts, push carts were broken, not my favorite visit

Commented on 03/10/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Coronado Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Good course for beginners

I'm teaching my better-half to play golf and this course is perfectly aligned for beginner golfers. Short par 3's, forgiving fairways, and the greens are in surprisingly good shape.

Commented on 03/10/2021

Hello and Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us! We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Coronado Golf Course! We hope to see you again and then maybe in a major tournament one day!

Commented on 03/05/2021

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Coronado Golf Course.

good course for the beginner or very casual golfer

greens were in very good shape, bunkers aren't raked, as expected the fairways for holes 3 & 6 were very brown with little grass, fairways for holes 1 & 9 were in very good condition, overall it is a nice little executive course for the beginner golfer

Commented on 03/01/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Coronado Golf Course!

Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona
Tempe, Arizona
1936
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Mesa, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort and 3 rounds of golf at The Phoenician, Westin Kierland & Eagle Mountain.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Mountain Shadows and 3 rounds of golf at Mountain Shadows, Talking Stick (O’Odham or Piipaash Course) & We-Ko-Pa Golf Club (Cholla or Saguaro Course).
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort and 4 rounds of golf at the Phoenician Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club, Papago Golf Club and Eagle Mountain Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Camelback Golf Club – Ambiente & Padre courses.
MESA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Mesa Longbow and 3 rounds of golf at Las Sendas Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club & Ocotillo Golf Club.