Style Traditional

Shalimar Golf Club is a nine-hole golf course in Tempe. The course is best for beginners but it has enough challenges in store to make it a great option for more advanced players who want a quick round. The layout is comprised of three par 3s and six par 4s. It weaves through a smattering of mature trees and across gently rolling hills. The small greens can be quite tricky, especially since there are strategically placed bunkers lurking along some. Water hazards come into play on a few holes, including the 155-yard fifth, which is one of the golf course's toughest. You'll have to pull off a carry over the area's biggest lake to a heavily bunkered, narrow green. Shalimar Golf Club's ninth hole is the most well known though, mainly for the island green. In addition to the water, there are also four bunkers surrounding the green.

Shalimar Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Architect Forrest Richardson

Carts Yes - $7

Caddies Yes

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

9-Hole Rounds 45

fun course

I haven't played there in years glad I went back, have another tee time for this Sunday fun couple of hours this is a great value

Commented on 12/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160897045! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club!

sprinklers

Many mud water spots, must be from sprinklers. These should be adjusted

Commented on 12/09/2020

Hello, PatPeiffer. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon and will let the team know about the water spots.

Commented on 12/04/2020

Hello, noname1. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice course for beginners

I have a friend who is a high handicap golfer and this course was perfect for him. It challenged me as I hadn’t played in a while and I could work on my shots.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello, toddwilkening. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good value

Course is in really good shape now. Good value and a relaxed atmosphere. Always have a good time at Shalimar.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, aybfqSTq0gyF14RbQsvF. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great value

This course is great quick play, good for value for what you pay!

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, jsbayer. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Good value

Great staff, course is great for working on your short game.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hi, u314160909786. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Shalimar for the win

I discovered Shalimar on a bike ride. I played over the weekend and twice more this week! It's a fun 9 hole course, well worn and well loved.

Hole 5 is super challenging Par 3 over a ditch and water hazard, and if you make it on, it feels great.

Mid week, you can walk the course for less than 8 bucks!

I'm new to the sport, so this is a treat having this course just 6 blocks from my house.

Commented on 11/24/2020

Hello, u314161008114. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Very nice

The staff in the pro shop where great! The same at the bar! We all had a real time. The course was green and beautiful! The day couldn’t have been more perfect.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, WjWBbzSvo1d0N6W7bRoi! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club!

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello, lasbus1. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello, u314159275715. Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160909786! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club!

Mid-November

The overseer is coming along well. The course is in decent shape.. The staff is always congenital..

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hi, lasbus1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Good value

Pulling no punches here....you get what you pay for - in a good way! It is a 9 hole executive course, and it is not too hard. The blue tees offer a bit of challenge, which is fun.. The price is right! The staff is excellent and the people wwhplay here are friendly and here to have a good time. I love this course!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hi u314160909786. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Shalimar Golf Club!

Over priced and over booked

Pace of play is horrible just stack them in there and to top it off you pay for a cart that your going to end up sharing . I don’t mind but at a time like this I don’t want to share period . Especially if I pay for my own cart . Not happy

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello, bmbksh420. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hello, u976914718. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Would play every day, if I could

If you are playing to get in 9 before the day starts, or just having fun with some friends. This is a great course to have a good round. I recommend this to any East Valley community.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Xeondata, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hello, nkoenig9. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Haven't played here in 20 years course is about the same and yes there's dirt only if you cant hit straight also there get ready to reseed so its going to look a little rough still a good golf course for the price.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi u000001322193. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello, u314159821783. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Tempe, Arizona