Style Traditional

Shalimar Golf Club is a nine-hole golf course in Tempe. The course is best for beginners but it has enough challenges in store to make it a great option for more advanced players who want a quick round. The layout is comprised of three par 3s and six par 4s. It weaves through a smattering of mature trees and across gently rolling hills. The small greens can be quite tricky, especially since there are strategically placed bunkers lurking along some. Water hazards come into play on a few holes, including the 155-yard fifth, which is one of the golf course's toughest. You'll have to pull off a carry over the area's biggest lake to a heavily bunkered, narrow green. Shalimar Golf Club's ninth hole is the most well known though, mainly for the island green. In addition to the water, there are also four bunkers surrounding the green.

Shalimar Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Architect Forrest Richardson

Carts Yes - $7

Caddies Yes

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

9-Hole Rounds 46

Great executive course!

Despite recent overseed, fairways were in good condition , and pace of play excellent. It’s fun to play at a walkable course that has many older trees and offers some shade. Will definitely plan to play at Shalimar again!

Nice short 9-holer

This is a mature short 9-hole course.

It is inexpensive. And it does not pamper you with all kind of amenities that are nice but not needed if all you want to do is just hit a few holes

For the price you pay absolutely perfect.

And yes, it could use a bit more water on the grass. But this is Arizona. Water is not abundant.

Sunny day for golf

Overall, the course is decent, but considering the shape of it and how a lot of things are run down, the price should be more fair than it is.

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hello, u671598314. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Shalimar Golf Club. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hi, u314162486622. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Tried It

Course is in very bad condition. Greens were unputtable. Staff was very friendly though, and the course itself is a nice layout. Sombody just need to give this course some love.

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hello, waltonm. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course.

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hi, dwolff. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Rough shape

We came before overseeing but the course has seen better days. We only played 9 but I have a feeling the front and back are similar in condition.
It’s a good course to have people learning to play but not something I would suggest if you shoot in the 80’s.

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hello, u314163540188. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Shalimar Golf Club. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hello, u000003806654. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Shalimar Golf Club. Thanks for the feedback!

Great time

Shalimar is the perfect 9-hole course to me. It’s never too busy, the staff is great, the holes are challenging enough without being too easy. If you’re looking to work in a quick round I would always suggest Shalimar

Conditions were awesome

I have played the course everyday this week and today the course condition was awesome. Greens were good. Everything was freshly mowed. It was a pleasure to play.

Commented on 09/22/2023

Hi, rytelrev. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great 9 Holes to play Anytime

Shalimar is a go to for a quick round of 9. Some good scenic holes and grounds were nice and green. For the price I would not go anywhere else. Staff and guests are alwaus friendly and having fun.

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hello, adolfo1645. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Shalimar Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hi, u314164529228. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Shalimar Golf Club!

Good value

Shalimar definitely is accommodating but trying to play on Friday afternoons is not a good idea. Groups of 6 and more were playing holes together, pace was slow, I was allowed to jump ahead however single players were asking to play through with my group. It was ridiculous, but you can’t beat the price and availability for that part of town on the mesa Tempe border.

Commented on 09/14/2023

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u314161184790. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Shalimar Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Improved Condition and Quick Play

Course conditions are much improved over the past month. Greens now roll true and at acceptable speed. I played once again early morning and finished 9 holes as s single in 1hr 15min. The course has a few challenges and is suitable for walking. I enjoy it for working on my game at a decent price.

Commented on 09/14/2023

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, DAVID3239885. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Shalimar Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great for beginners

It's been awhile since I played here but I thought it looked good since the last time I played this course. I was done in an hour and a half and I decided to play another 9 since it was still early ,I had the opportunity to work on my short game and i got to work with my new putter and 5 wood. I had lunch here afterwards and the bacon cheddar cheeseburger was delicious! I would recommend bringing someone who has never played golf before to Shalimar!

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hello, u503610715. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Shalimar Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hi, cjenkins1996. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Exceeded Expectations

Friendly, helpful staff. Had the place basically to ourselves. Loved the protected par 3 over water. Round moved quickly and we had a lot of fun for a very affordable price. Will play again

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hello, u314162524222. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Shalimar Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Great course.

We love this course but power was out. Other than that we always enjoy Shalimar golf course.

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hello, teehenney52. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Shalimar Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Rough course

Fairways were rough, desperate need of water. Tee boxes were not differentiated from fairways. Greens were so patchy that balls bounced along the way. Not crowded at all do play was quick. Not a hard course layout to play. If grass was better I see this as a nice executive course.

Commented on 09/14/2023

Hi, michaelwt23. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

3.1915058824
Tempe, Arizona
2005
Tempe, Arizona
Gilbert, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
MESA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Mesa Longbow and 3 rounds of golf at Las Sendas Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club & Ocotillo Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, 2 rounds of golf at Westin Kierland Golf Club & Troon North - Monument Course, and a custom fitting session at the True Spec world headquarters.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at a Private Home or Condo rental and 3 rounds of golf at Eagle Mountain, Sunridge Canyon, and We-Ko-Pa (Cholla or Saguaro Course).
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town and 3 rounds of golf at The Phoenician Golf Club, Westin Kierland Golf Club & Papago Golf Course.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town and 4 rounds of golf at the Phoenician Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club, Papago Golf Club, and Eagle Mountain Golf Club.