Style Executive

The golf course at Stripe Show Golf Club (previously known as Freedom Golf Course) is a walker-friendly and affordable venue for juniors, beginners and experienced golfers in search of a pleasant round. The executive length course has a risk-and-reward layout for an interesting game. This course may be short but there are several challenging elements. Situated on a terrain of rolling hills, golfers can expect uneven lies and elevation changes adding some interesting elements to the course. Water hazards come into play on several holes and there are strategically placed sand bunkers present on the course as well. Stripe Show Golf Club is well maintained with plenty of nice, shady areas.

Stripe Show Golf Club

Year Built 1978

Carts No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2020 #8)

Plays Once a year

Amazing!

I just want to say that the course was magnificent. This was hands down the best course I’ve ever played, and it was very affordable! I mean the greens had to be rolling at Augusta speeds! The layout offered breathtaking Mountain Views and scenic marsh land. Lastly, the off course amenities were lit! The 1st hole offered a bathroom and more. In the bathroom, there was complimentary arthritis cream, so I put it in my bag. Later on hole 4, I used the cream to help my troubles and it then allowed me to make an awesome double bogey! Overall, the experience was amazing and I would recommend this tremendous track to anyone!

Such potential

Hole in the wall par 3 9hole course just north of the 60. The layout is actually pretty nice with some tough locations for some of the greens. The entire property is set with towering trees lining every hole.
BUT....... It's incredibly run down, like forgotten about for years. There were spots that looked liked it hadnt been mowed all summer. And it's not a 'tough course' situation, it's more like what we can get away with not mowing. And because of the length it hides trash very well. While looking for a ball i found beer cans and water bottles. Obviously that speaks more on the clientele, but having a greenskeeper maintaining the grass would prevent it.
There was only 1 green that had grass covering most of it. The others had sunken dirt patches, layers of filler sand and one even has a sprinkler head that's elevated over the surface completely blocking my putting path.
I do truly hope there's an effort to refurbish the property. It has such potential to be a sweet 9 hole spot. Id play after work every week if it comes back to a playable level. At it's current stage i won't treat it more that iron practice off the tee. i would not count scores as putting is basically a joke.

Great little course

Fun little iron course with lots of mature shade trees and friendly and helpful staff.

Fun little iron course!!

I discovered this little gem a few months ago and I have been back 10 times. It is a small 9-hole with lots of huge trees. Great for practicing your technical work while staying out of the sun! Super friendly staff!

Great practice course

Good place for a quick round. Went solo and had a great pace through.

Surprisingly Fun :Little Course!

I was not sure what to expect, but I knew that this was a very short course. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. The course has some rough spots, but they are working hard at getting it up to speed. I can't remember the last time I played such a delightful, low-key course. I saw only one pair of golfers several holes ahead of me, and one lone golfer behind me. This is relaxing golf! Don't come here if you are highly competitive, a drunk, loud and obnoxious, or spoiled and expecting every course to be a PGA Tour course. Otherwise, come here and look forward to golf being FUN again!

Very Fun Little Course - Good for Beginners, Youth, Etc.

Nice little course, very good value. Owners have come along way in short period of time. Enjoyed the quick round.

Has great potential!

I’m a beginner, and having half the holes over water is a bit daunting. Overall it’s a beautiful course, several small lakes and lots of tree cover. Turf conditions are not spectacular, but good practice for a beginner to learn reading the greens. Inexpensive, generally not overcrowded. New management is friendly and making great strides.

Needs work

We met one of the owners and he was super friendly and they are working on re-establishing this course. But in the meantime the greens are in horrible condition and the bathroom is an outhouse so just be prepared for that. The course is also pretty difficult for a nine-hole short course.

Would not golf there again

The conditions of this course were terrible. The rate was really low, and we got what we paid for. This course needs a lot of work.

Fun course

Great little course, challenging (very narrow) the course needs some TLC. Had a great time, will surely go back and play it again.

Potential.

The staff were honest and friendly. They are building a course back from abandonment. The course is in rough shape, but I can’t wait to go back and play again. I will be going out there weekly to walk 9 and relax.

Challenging course, great value

This course was difficult but fun. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Price was well worth it. Course conditions are a bit under par but nothing so bad you can’t golf. A LOT of water on this course

4.1970588235
Gilbert, Arizona
Chandler, Arizona
Gilbert, Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mesa, Arizona
MESA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Mesa Longbow and 3 rounds of golf at Las Sendas Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club & Ocotillo Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Inn at Eagle Mountain and 3 rounds of golf at Eagle Mountain, Sunridge Canyon, and We-Ko-Pa (Cholla or Saguaro Course).
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa and 4 rounds of golf at your choice of the following courses: Arizona Grand Golf Course, Las Sendas, Whirlwind, The Raven, Longbow, and Papago.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort and 3 rounds of golf at The Phoenician, Westin Kierland & Eagle Mountain.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Gila River Hotels & Casinos - Wild Horse Pass and 3 rounds of golf at Whirlwind Golf Club - Cattail and Devil's Claw courses, and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club.