Style Links
Legends Golf & Resort - Heathland

Year Built 1990
Greens Champions Bermuda
Architect Tom Doak (1990)

Great. But….. late with our t-time then 5 hours to play.

Could have been a great day 1 1/2 hours to play last few holes 8 minute t-times are not enough for bad golfers who have no concept. They told us to go to #10 tee when actually we were on #1. Then had to wait twenty five minutes for three other groups making the turn which I think is the fault of the club thank you mark gofran

Excellent

The staff was great and you couldn’t beat the lunch and drinks included in the fee. Great value for the money. The staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Many thanks!!!!

Nice but slow

Front 9 average pace. Back 9 painfully slow. I get booking front and back at the same, but maybe 2 to 4 less foresomes. 3 to 4 forsomes at the turn is painful. Lost momentum of game and back 9 became forced.

Pretty but tough course

We played Heathland after 4 inches of rain the day before. Despite the rains the course was in very good condition. Tee boxes and greens were in great shape. Golf included breakfast and lunch. Great deal. I would recommend this course.

Enjoyable

I may have had too high of expectations coming to play here considering I've wanted to for several years. I came into it thinking it was a "links" course but it's a pretty normal course. The course is great for average golfers with not much trouble to speak of. The greens hadn't fully healed up from being punched so greens were bumpy but I have to believe they're great normally. In the end the course didn't wow me but it was fun.

Golf weekend

Went golfing with my son, great course, in awesome shape.

Beautiful

The course is beautiful and challenging. The pace of play was a little slow. But everything is well maintained.

Beautiful Course and Complex

What a place. Pulled up to over 200 golf carts ready to go between the three courses. They started us out earlier than our scheduled tee time on ten with another pair so we could begin play. Great to get out early but then got jammed up when coming around to play the front 9 so beware that crowds can build (but when you play the course you can see why it's so popular). Good news is you definitely get perks for booking through GolfNow including breakfast and lunch in the grill plus two drink tickets (cannot be used for drink cart). Definitely will go back and try the other courses and would enjoy playing this one again.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Everything about this course is outstanding!! Best deals prices and packages in Myrtle Beach. PERFECTION!! PERFECT for Guys on a Golf Trip ! The Food the Beer the FUN !! They treat you right !! If I could give 100 stars I would !! Lol

Great features

I love the course the layout the people at the starting area where we put our bags in the parts for great wall signed the shop or great or starter was a prank he was not very nice so just was not a very good people person

Great Course for the Money!

First time playing any of the Legends courses (minus Heritage - which is a must play) and was quite pleased from top to bottom. Staff was great, had the first tee time, reasonably priced, and played the front nine fast. That checks all my boxes. Obviously pace was slower on the back, but still finished in 4 hours. Greens and course were in perfect shape. Not extremely fast, but did speed up as the day went on. A few greens were not as receptive as some, number 9 was quite hard, none of us hit that green. Everything rolled off the back. Layout was challenging but fair. Hit Driver from most of the holes, and easily could have driven a few par 4s from the back tees. Two of the par 3s were roughly 200 yards which makes 3 a good score. Overall really happy with the course.

Course was in good conditions, greens fast.
First time playing this course, I’ll look forward playing it again.

Great fun on the links

Heathland @ the Legends is a beautiful links style course.
Course plays radically different depending on the wind. Large greens in perfect condition with plenty of bunkers to challenge your attack angle.
Excellent course, great clubhouse with complimentary breakfast

Awesome Course! Waiting for Carts and Slow Play a Problem

I bring a group of 20-30 guys to the beach every year. This is our 19th year. We've played almost every course at Myrtle Beach, but this was our first time playing the Legends courses. I will tell you why I loved the courses, but don't recommend going there until they get tee times and cart situation fixed. If you don't mind waiting for carts, you will enjoy the golf.

The reason I would NOT recommend The Legends is because they overbook the course and don't have enough carts. Our tee time on Friday, Oct. 11th was 12:20 at Heathland. I had 20 golfers with me ready to hit the course. The problem was...no golf carts! Around 12:55, 35+ minutes after my guys were pestering me about when we would tee off, the first carts finally rolled in. The excuse on Friday was 1 group was late for their tee time and held up the entire course. The problem is the same issue happened on Oct. 12th at Parkland. It was only 25 minutes after our tee time this day, but so annoying that most of my guys told me not to go back to Legends again. I agreed. We had also hired transportation back and forth each day to the course. Both days, our driver had to wait for us to finish due to the delays earlier in the day, which we had to pay for. Now about the course.

First off was Heathland. What a great course! I would love another shot at this gem. Awesome holes, reachable par 4's, hidden traps...it had it all. Greens were HUGE and in perfect condition. It would rank in the top 10 courses at Myrtle Beach for me. #2 is a very cool par 4, #7's green was a lot of fun. Overall, a great course. At Heathland,, the cart guys were very good and tried to keep my group calm while we waited. Kim, the photographer was awesome and kept us smiling. Jim, the starter, was very helpful and informative. Half our group went off the front, the other half off the back. The groups that went off the back took over 3 hours to play the first 9 holes! The second 9 was faster, but still took 5:30 to play. Not good!

The second day, Oct. 12th, we played Parkland. The Starter at Parkland was great. Cart girl was awesome. The course was another gem. I liked Heathland a little better, but this course was another great track. Huge greens in excellent shape, challenging holes...lots of fun!

The second day at Parkland came with the same experience, but with a twist. We waited another 25 minutes past our original tee time. But the twist this day was the A-Hole of a Cart Guy. I didn't catch his name, but he was wearing a West Virginia hat. His job is to lift a golf bag 5 feet and place it on the carts. He made numerous comments to my guys about not getting tips. He even made a comment about one of my guys not being a true WV person because he didn't tip him. So, let's get this straight...I have 20 guys waiting patiently 25 minutes after the tee time for carts and the cart guy is harassing us about tips the entire time. The guys in my 4some gave him $12. This guy should be fired!

The bar staff was awesome and food was delicious. 2 Free beers and Lunch included each day was very nice. The snack bar lady was quick with service and did a great job.

I hate the fact that my group can't recommend such an awesome property. Hopefully management reads the review and makes some changes. Fix your cart/tee time issues and you get 5 out of 5 stars.

Fairways and Greens to ya,

Commented on 02/09/2020

My group of 12 had the same overbooking and late start both times we've played at the Legends complex. The Heritage Club doesn't have those problems.

4.4619647059
3.9196823529
4.2055647059
3.6019705882
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
SEA ISLAND, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Sea Island and 3 rounds at Sea Island Seaside, Plantation & Retreat Courses.