Legends Golf Resort - Moorland Course in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA | GolfPass

Legends Golf & Resort - Moorland

Year Built 1990
Greens Champions Bermuda
Architect P. B. Dye (1990)

Moorland under Repair

Played this course many times over the years. Played 7/26/22. At the time it wasn’t disclosed Moreland was under major repairs of bunkers on the course. Several holes they were completely dug out by heavy machines. Crews working on them as you
Play. I would avoid this Course and play the other Heathland or Parkland till renovations are completed. The club house and staff are otherwise great as usual.

Beautiful course, 5 Hour round

Similar to other reviews, course is fantastic, paid premium dollars for first tee time. 1 hr 40 front, waited 45 at turn, super friendly starter, back was 3 hours. Greens perfect and food fantastic. Weather and score was spot on. Pace of play with double tee times. Let the first group play through if you upcharge for early tee times. Check in system unclear with plenty of staff. Investing in bunker replacement. Challenging course, target golf but you can score. Not for beginners. Love legends, a few minor changes and it becomes all 5’s. 728 am finished at 1230 pm. Starters will tell you this is 2 15 per 9.

Great price and an excellent course

This was our first time playing this course and we loved playing it. It was difficult especially around the greens and bunkers but a good challenge. The staff was great and friendly. We also got a bargain for our round plus a free lunch and two drinks. Would definitely recommend coming back and playing this course

Nice Course

I liked the course - challenging but not overwhelming. Biggest complaint is pace of play is horribly slow and course management seems unwilling to address. Pace interrupts rhythm of play and detracts from the enjoyment of the course.

Great course terrible customer service

To start the course was great. Everything I expected. The customer service was the worst I have ever experienced at any golf course. The staff was not friendly or helpful. Asked basic questions about the check in process at the curbside drop off and it was as if I was bothering them. We were told we couldn’t bring on our extra water bottles and we had to purchase through them. However there was nobody driving around the course selling or giving out water bottles. Didn’t have an opportunity to stop at the turn to purchase more because the rude ranger was driving around telling us we were 20 minutes behind schedule. It wasn’t our fault it was the group of 20 that came off the 18th at the turn that was slowing down the pace of play. I could continue to go on but I won’t because I have already wasted enough time on this course.

Dye - Do or Die

Pete Dye design that really comes to life in back 9. When you get comfortable on the front, the undulating fairways, elevated greens as well as fairway and pot bunkers burst on the scene. Very playable course and a fun challenge. 15 handicap so I didn't expect to play bogey golf. Watch the water left off green on #3!

The only complaint is not with the water around the course, but there was none to drink. All thermos stands empty, and restroom facility under construction has water shut off. No drink cart, then snack bar closed 10 minutes early so couldn't get a drink fort the drive home.

Disappointed

I've been coming to Myrtle Beach regularly since the 80's. We played all five of the Legends courses on this trip as well as five other courses. The fastest round at Legends was five hours and twenty minutes - longest was almost six hours (Heritage Club). Our foursome that was first off on Moorland played the front nine in a little over two hours and then held up for almost forty minutes on the turn while five other groups that were starting on the back went ahead of us. I was told by the "ranger" that he couldn't help it if we played too fast (I'm a bogey golfer by the way). The groups behind us were also held up and not happy. The non-Legends rounds were all under 4 1/2 hours, played on popular, busy courses. I'm beyond disappointed that such great course layouts like Legends are run so poorly. It felt like waiting on line at Disney for every shot. I hope that this isn't the future of Myrtle Beach golf. I won't be returning to Legends any time soon. The convenience of three courses in one place was far overshadowed by the ridiculous pace of play.

Anonymous

Steph were terrible

Steph were terrible. Worst experience I’ve ever had on the golf course. Waited 45 minutes to get a cart. Asked four times when our teetime would be .started looking at the sheet and saw they were sending people out ahead of us that had later tee times then we did . They forgot about us never apologized once just excuses how busy they were would never go back.

Great time except

The course and staff were great
The course was in great condition for April
However, we started backing up by our third hole.
A Marshall told us by the seventh he was sorry and that at the turn we would not have anyone in front of us, back nine was wide open.
We figured what the heck , ok, it us what it is until the we got to number 10 green only to see a group in front of us.
They started on 10, right in front of us because 1 was backed up.
No one stopped them or the group in front of them, 2 groups of 4 that were together.
I fully understand the staff is busy but we never saw a Marshall again.
My son plays at Coastal Carolina so we will be back, loved the challenge of the greens.
Hopefully with a better timed round.

Nice course, way overpriced, VERY SLOW

Expect a 5 hour round at a minimum. They won’t tell you up front but they send Foursomes out off of 1 and 10 all morning, afternoon. When you make the turn expect to be shocked when you see 5 groups on 1 or 10- a complete joke and money grab. Played Healthland 10-12 years ago and it wasn’t like this; had no issues with paying to play here. I will not return. Really unfortunate because the course are nice but they cram people through this place. Big time money grab.

The old bait and switch

I booked a round on the Moorland course but when I got there was told I got switched to the Parkland one due to a college tournament and maintenance. It was a nice round but it wasn't what I paid for.

There's a reason they steer you towards this place

If you view a round with the guys as something where you all pound as many shots and brews as possible during the 5 to 6 hour round, then this is the place for you. Most of the course was full of hoots and hollars, people falling over trying to pick up their tee, lots of loud laughter and music blasting from carts and just a general feeling like you're at a frat party. And......based on how many people were like that, it's not a place if you don't like to party it up and enjoy slow play. The Legends likes to "rackem, stackem, and packem" to maximize their profits. We had concerns originally as we read reviews on here from others who complained about the slow play and poor atmosphere. We were assured by our golf package company that it's not like that. Imagine getting there and it's exactly like people described.......5 hours to play 14 holes before we ran out of sunlight (tee time was 1:30pm). We played the Heathland on a Monday with a 9am tee time and that still took close to 5 hours to play. Constantly waiting on a tee box is to be expected from this establishment.

Challenging yet Fair.

What a pleasure to play a course in great conditions with a challenging layout that makes one think on every shot. Will play this one again!

Great senior trial

Two friends and I are seniors and first timers for Legends facility. Played the Moorland course on a Hot Deal and were a little concerned of the difficulty. But all and all from the green tees we found the course a good test and not impossible. Will definitely be back to play all the courses next spring.

4.1966529412
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.