Leopards Chase

Greens L-93 Bentgrass
Architect Tim Cate

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Good to go..

Course was a little wet, as the weather was a bit overcast. A couple of greens had bad spots, but pretty good overall, fun track and priced reasonable.

Best course of our week!

All staff were friendly and informative. Challenging , picturesque layout but not unfair or penalizing on good, thoughtful shots. Actually got roll on shots as the fairways weren’t overwatered. Course booklet was very helpful when you haven’t seen the course at all. Wouldn’t mind playing this course again as well as playing the other “Big Cat” courses in the area.

Commented on 11/22/2021

Thank you very much for the awesome Five Star review of Leopard's Chase! We really appreciate it. We have been working very hard on all four of the Big Cats courses and it is so nice to see the great feedback. Please be sure to come visit us again soon!

Super Course

The layout is outstanding. Course conditions have improved since this summer. Greens are recovering from stress Billy were in good condition abd ran true and good speed.

Commented on 11/22/2021

Thank you very much for the wonderful Five Star review! We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greens are in a little distress, but more than playable. 3 or 4 weeks and they will be fine.

Commented on 11/08/2021

Thank you for the nice reveiw of Leopard's Chase. As with all bentgrass greens in this region, the summer takes a toll on them and it takes a few weeks for them to recover and return to optimal condition. But they are very playable now and will be getting better daily now that the weather has cooled down. They will be in fantastic shape in spring, as always. We hope you will come visit us again soon!

Commented on 11/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Leopard's Chase. We appreciate the nice Four star review! The premium bentgrass greens will continue to improve daily with the cooler fall weather and will be in great shape for spring golf season! We hope you will come visit us again.

The course was unacceptable!

Tee boxes embarrassing, fairways average, green torn up. Brought a group of friends to play. I was embarrassed for them to play the course.

Commented on 10/26/2021

Thank you for playing Leopard's Chase recently. We deeply apologize for the conditions you described. Our staff has been instructed to inform all guests of the current conditions and to offer them various options to compensate for the inconvenience, while we address the issues thoroughly, If this was not the case with your group, please contact me immediately at blong@oceanridge.com so we can work with you to make amends for your unsatisfactory experience. Again, we apologize deeply that we fell short of your expectations on this visit and we are working hard to make sure the course is improving daily and will be back in very good condition soon.

avoid

While the staff is friendly but you know something is wrong when there are no cars in the parking lot. This course is simply not playable when compared to other courses in the area. I should of done more research when booking tee times ....big mistake.... Greens terrible....fairways terrible....some tee boxes have literally no grass.... AVOID AT ALL COSTS....

Commented on 10/26/2021

Thank you for choosing to play Leopard's Chase recently. I deeply apologize you did not catch us at our best, to say the least. Covid -elated difficulties have affected many business throughout the nation, some more than others, but we are doing our very best to fully address the issues you described and to ensure Leopard' Chase returns to excellent condition very soon. As the weather cools down, the heat sensitive bentgrass on the greens will definitely improve rapidly and will be in very good shape soon. Our staff has been instructed to inform all guests of the current conditions and to offer them various options to compensate for the course conditions you described. If this was not the case with your group, please contact me immediately at blong@oceanridge.com and we will work with you to find a satisfactory resolution. I apologize again and I hope you will return in the future to see our continued improvement.

Greens were aerated but I was told this in advance :)

So...very good experience. Start with the staff. Clubhouse, snack bar, starter - all five stars. It was a quiet morning and I was allowed to go off as a single. The greens had undergone an aeration three days prior, but the gent in the clubhouse AND the starter both warned me BEFORE I paid and again before I teed off. They also did cut a break on the rate (not asked for but very much appreciated). The course was reasonably challenging - plenty of water. Only one hole (#11) had kind of a tricked up feel but again - I had been told about this by the starter so fair play. It's a little off the beaten path for my normal route down to Myrtle but the folks here definitely did more than enough for me to either try this track again, or one of the other big cats courses. You're spoiled for choice in Myrtle. Please don't misconstrue this as me saying this course is True Blue/Caledonia/TPC level - but value for money, friendly staff, and challenging design make it well worth a look.

Commented on 10/11/2021

Thank you very much for the nice review. The long hot summer, as is typical in our region, took a toll on the heat sensitive bentgrass greens at Leopard's . These greens will be improving daily now that the temperatures have improved and will be in very good condition for the cooler season, through summer. We look forward to seeing you again..

Very Disappointed

Our group was very disappointed in this course after booking due to the 5-star reviews. The course layout was excellent, but the course condition was very poor. The grass has not been cut on any part of the course, and the greens were in poor condition on all 18 greens. To have paid what we did and the course not to meet basic manicured standards was very disappointing.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent round at Leopard's Chase. We apologize we fell short of your expectations on this visit. Late summer is always a difficult time for heat sensitive bentgrass greens, but they improve rapidly when the weather cools down and thrive in the cooler seasons, through the spring and even beyond. As for the mowing, that is very unusual. Despite the many pandemic-related challenges of the past 18 months, our staff has continued to strive daily to provide our guests with an enjoyable golf experience and I am disappointed to hear we were not able to achieve that goal on the day you played. You have my word I will address this matter with our greens superintendent and all relevant staff and we will do whatever is necessary to make sure we improve in this regard. We hope you will come visit us again and see our progress and improvement.

Not as good as before

The course is looking a little frayed around the edges. Several greens with bare spots and several bunkers in need of attention. This takes into account the fact that there has been a lot of rain of late but the bunkers seem like they have been ignored for a while. Staff was very friendly.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Leopard's Chase. We apologize you did not catch us at our best this time..Despite the many challenges of the current pandemic conditions, we are striving to provide each of our guests with an enjoyable golf experience. Late summer is always a difficult time for sensitive premium bentgrass greens (Of which there are only 7 courses in the Grand Strand area, of over 80 total courses) As the weather cools down, the greens will improve rapidly and will be at their very best through spring golf season and even into early to mid-summer. We hope you can come visit us again, possibly during a cooler period to see them at their very best.

Good place for a round

Fun course in decent shape. No water on the course.

Commented on 08/24/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your round on Leopard's Chase. Even though summer is definitely always a challenge for bentgrass courses, Leopard's Chase has held its own this year. These premium greens thrive in the cooler months and will be at their best in the peak spring golf season. Hopefully you can come visit us again and see them at their very best some day soon!

Commented on 08/17/2021

Thank you very much for the nice Four Star review of Leopard's Chase. We will take that for a summer round on a bentgrass course! Be sure to come visit us in the cooler months and you will see the course at its very best. Thanks again!

The course was very tough! Alot of sand. The greens had sand on them, so it was hard to judge the speeds. Other then that, had good time. Everyone was welcoming and would return again.

Commented on 08/11/2021

Thank you very much for the nice review of Leopard's Chase. We apologize for the sanded greens on the day you played, that is something that must be done occasionally to keep them smoothed out and putting true. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Commented on 08/11/2021

Thank you very much for the nice 5 Star review of Leopard's Chase! We really appreciate it! Please come visit us again soon.

Course needs work

If you like weeds in your Fairways, burnt-out greens, and mosquitoes sucking you dry then this is the course for you. Seems like the management needs to step it up and hire more workers to properly manicure this course. The course could be beautiful if properly maintained. Seems a shame for the homeowners. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes on the front nine. It seemed we had to kill three or four before we took every shot. If things don't improve I see course closing and a couple of years. Good luck

Commented on 08/11/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Leopard's Chase. We certainly apologize for the mosquitoes. When playing a summer round in this region on a course that has many native wetlands and other natural areas, it is always a good idea to apply insect repellent throughout the round! The hot summer months are not the best season for sensitive bentgrass greens, as they are a cool season grass and thrive from fall through spring. They can get stressed in the summer and we have to baby them by not mowing them as low as in cooler weather months, etc. But they are definitely not burned out, just showing typical summer stress colors in some areas, as you would see with any bentgrass greens during the summer months in this region. Thank you again for playing Leopard's Chase and we apologize we fell short of meeting your expectations this time. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you our continued improvement.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Leopard's Chase. We are working hard daily to make sure our guests experience a memorable and enjoyable round at this Big Cat course. Thanks again.

Good, Solid Course

Excellent friendly staff, and a very nice golf course. Good conditions, and a fun course to play. Fairways are open

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you for the great Five Star review of Leopard's Chase! We agree, this course is always fun and exciting to play. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Course needs enhanced maintenance

Need about 2 tons of fertilizer to kill the weeds. 3 par 5s on back side and believe number 13 is ridiculous. Have to tee off with an iron with short layup and short 3rd to green. This should be made a par 3.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Leopard's Chase. We have VERY aggressively treated for any and all invasive summer grasses and this is improving daily. I believe you are referring to the Par 5 11th hole as being unique and requiring a high degree of shot-making skill. Depending on which of the five sets of tees you choose to play, this hole is open to a variety of strategies and we have seen a wide array of scores carded here , as every shot requires a decision and solid execution to pull off. It is no doubt one of the most unique golf holes on the Grand Strand.

Great Design

Played as my second round of golf for this week's trip to the area. I enjoyed the challenges presented by the design of the course. The layout of the fairways, especially the bunker designs and their placement relative to my skill level made the round a welcomed challenge. The stategic presence of water made shot selection interesting. To offer a bit of advice from a novice: a little more attention placed on the preventive maintenance of the tees and greens would have produced a substantial return on investment. I still enjoyed the round tremendously! I will return for another round next year.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you very much for the nice four star review of Leopard's Chase. We truly appreciate it. We are working daily to restore and improve some of the natural aging issues of the course and we expect to see continued improvement throughout the remainder of 2021 and well beyond. We hope you will come visit us again and see our continued progress.

Great find!!!

I had great time playing this course. The staff was amazing and called me by name from the moment I arrived until I left. The course was in good condition, though the greens were very slow because they have to grow them during the summer or risk losing them to the heat. The pace could have been slightly faster, but I was playing as a single so it is difficult to judge too harshly.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you for the nice four star review! You are correct, bentgrass greens will not be very fast in the summer months, as they are very heat sensitive and we have to avoid putting them under too much stress. These putting surfaces thrive in the cooler seasons and will be spectacular and slick in our peak spring season. We hope you will return sometime and see them at their very best in a cooler month!

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.