Style Parkland

Year Built 2007
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect John Sanford (2007)

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Almost my home course

I moved to the area so I could get closer to this course. Enjoy it every time I play. It was in very good condition - fairways full, greens good and fairly fast...its a great layout!

Been playing here for 10 years. Worst conditions I have ever seen the grees .

Nice Track

I happened to be driving through the area and found this place. Great layout, scenic and challenging. My bad luck was catching it shortly after the entire course was aerated. Fairways were thin but played well. Greens were heavily sanded. My issue when asked about value is paying full price for the conditions. The staff is great. I'll make a trip back for sure.

Always a great round

This is always a great course and layout. The staff is friendly. Nice pro shop. Fun bar area and good food. The tee boxes and fairways were in great shape. They had recently aerated the greens but they weren't too bad. Ran into some slow players on the last few holes, but other than that the pace was great.

Golf Day From Hades!!

Called Juliette Falls Golf Course to inquire about any maintenance going on. Young lady assured me there was none and wouldn't be any until late August early September. Made a foursome tee time 9:03AM. Drove over an hour to drive into empty parking lot. Wondered why, but unloaded clubs, paid, opted for lunch to be included, plus a few buckets of range balls. Starter asked if we were ready and though this is nice. Course was virtually empty. Hit approach shots to the green and then WHAM!! Greens had been punched with big holes and were completely sanded. Some greens were not even puttable so had to move ball all around. Saw a ranger and asked about the greens. He apologized and said we should ask for rain checks since the greens were in horrible shape. Went to speak to manager(Caylyn), but she had left for the day. Called next day, manager (Caylyn) out sick. Called next day only to hear Manager (Caylyn) tell me we seemed to have played on the wrong day and nothing she could do to straighten the mess up. I suggested rain checks but Caylyn said they only give rain checks when it rains. Terrible Customer Service! She acted like driving over an hour to play aerated greens was no big deal! Don't think we will be driving over an hour to return..
Very Unhappy!

Commented on 06/18/2022

Unfortunately it is that time of year where our course maitenance takes place in order for us to prepare for our upcoming season. We do try our best to let all our players know by posting our scheduled maitenance on our website as early as a year in advance as well as posting on our booking engine the week of and 1 week after it is complete. I apologize that you felt as if your drive to our course was not appreciated, as it very much is, and before ending the phone call it was expressed that we do hope you return to play again as these are obviously not our normal playing conditions. You were not eligible for a rain check because we do not issue rain checks to golfers who complete a full round. Again, I do apologize for a day not enjoyed on the course, our goal is for all golfers to have fun while visiting and I do hope you will chose to play our course again so you can have a better experience with us.
-CM

Judge2022

It was just a awesome course. The course conditions were unbelievable. Had tough time reading greens so I am coming back on Thursday.. Can’t wait

Perfect Golf Course

Juliette Falls Golf Course is absolutely the best . . . what makes it the best besides the layout of the course is the staff and groundskeepers that makes it a total golf experience.

Very Good But...

I've played JF several times in the fall. First time in Spring with in-season rate. Course condition was good, not great. I get it, it's March. Greens ran true and reasonably fast. Guessing 9-11 stimp. Fairways a bit thin on grass coverage but still had a pad to make contact with. Tees and bunkers well groomed.

Carts are a bit old and as our luck had it, we ran out of juice on 15. If it wasn't for a twosome we joined up with at the turn we would have been dead in the middle of fairway. We got a push to the rough. I called front desk and was told someone would bring out a replacement. Ranger came by on his "usual: path and we had to flag him down to get him over to us. He said he heard about someone being broke down and radioed to service with no response. New cart arrived about 15 minutes later. No, "sorry for the problem, inconvenience", nothing. We humped out own bags to new cart. Full charge before we went out? Don't think so.

$5 burger special is ok, if you consider they must be in a warming tray since they came out 2 minutes after we ordered. No biggie. Still tasted good, esp after 4 hours of golf.

Up & Coming Course Quality

I previously played the course about 4 years ago and it has improved significantly since my last visit. It’s now a thriving community with a significant number of new homes since my last visit and many under construction. The course layout has been extremely well done and none of the holes appear out of character.

The greens are of good size, in very good condition, have a nice firmness that roll quite well. The fairways have decent amount of grass and bunkers have decent amount of sand and are well maintained. Bunkers were clean and weren’t all chewed up with unraked foot prints.

Overall the staff was friendly and helpful but the staff at the bag drop definitely needed better training or better supervision. These individuals made no effort in helping with golf bags in any way. Just asked if riding and we said yes and to take any cart.

I will certainly be willing to play this course again when back in the Ocala, FL area.

Best in class

The best 18 holes around Ocala. Great course layout, better greens, best cart girls.

Beautiful course with waterfalls

I've played a bunch of courses in Fl, but this is definitely my favorite. Scenic, always in great shape, tough greens. Cart girls are gorgeous.

Best in Ocala

At least any course you can play without being a member of a private club.
A seriously challenging layout and greens.
Super friendly staff too

Starter didn't know rules

I had a handicap flag, and in the cart it says to stay away 10 yards (30 feet), well we let 2 2-somes play through us, being nice. then the starter came up to us on the 5 hole and said you are driving to close to the greens, and said to follow the signs in front of green, from now on. well what did we get the handicap flag for in the first place. Was to not have my handicap friend walk as much he had back surgery 10 months ago. the people we let play through were members, they must have complained to the starter. wont play this golf course, the fairways were mowed down, the greens were hard, when your ball hit on green it rolled off. not worth the money, this course is 45 to 55 dollars

Commented on 02/07/2022

We do understand that the course can have some challenging distances so we do offer the handicap flags to those who request. The handicap flag will get you 30 feet from the front of the green however, only the front. This exception is not in play ever for the sides or the back of the green. We do try our best to accommodate everyone here at the course to make it a fun and enjoyable round for all golfers. This time of year it is so critical that we protect our greens from any extra wear and tear, as the grass is dormant and not growing during these colder months. We strive to keep our course in the best condition during all months of the year to provide our golfers with the best possible play no matter what season it. I hope that you will understand and that we see you back again.

Excellent Golf Course

Juliette Falls has a great layout and is great shape. It is the best course in the Ocala area

Soak the guest...

Thiss course is in great condition - would be a nice course if the pace of slow and the soak the guest attitude wasn't such a problem.. Tricked up greens make the rating inflated. Fast greens with holes on severe slopes get a bit tiresome. This is Dunellen not Orlando - so the prices for everything seem a bit inflated.

Great Public Facility that could be Elite

This course was phenomenal all around. To be honest, I went into the round with moderate expectations. I had heard great things over the last decade or so and had read the reviews here, but I was still skeptical given the course architect being relatively unknown. I would say the course doesn't play the full 7236 from the tips, but that's normal for a lot of courses in this the central FL area. Played short compared to the normal course of this lenghty. With it being on higher ground, it tends to drain well and the fairways actually provide some rollout even for high trajectory folks. The layout was great and routed in such a way that the vast majority of the course is without any homesites (10 and 11 are the only ones I remember with homes) making for a very peaceful and unencumbered round of golf. Greens were deep (36 yards or more) but generally narrow (many under 20 yards) across the holes. Fairways were very wide but angled to still call for picking a line. Turf quality was excellent and I only recall one rough area on the course (left side of 11 green.) Driving range was pretty solid. Turf could have used some work there as it was sparse. Chipping and pitching area was top notch for a public course and the putting green was in great shape as well. I would say the course and practice facilities are a clear 5/5 on the spectrum of public courses. However, where this place really falls short is with their clubhouse and their golf carts. The clubhouse very clearly looks like an original model home for the community converted into or doubling as a clubhouse that's really just a bar and a grill with the pro shop feeling secondary. We saw the same home on either 10 or 11. The golf carts are really questionable. I haven't seen carts this old at even a municipal course. I own the same EZGO model and it's a 2005. They have exceeded their lifespan by years and they've tried to bandaid the carts by painting them. Rather than just touching them up, they opted for an assort of color wheel colors. All in all, they just look tacky and don't fit the course. Go to other comparable quality public courses and you'll find carts no more than 2-3 years old since most courses trade in their fleets after a 3-4 year lease. I say all of this to say that I think the latter part is what's holding this place back from becoming elite. The course is there but the carts, clubhouse, and other little things are not.

Love this course

Great course in good condition. A couple of greens had a few thins spots but overall they are in great condition. This course is a good challenge without being ridiculously difficult or any gimmicks. Straight up tough golf

Third time to play Juliette Falls. I have family coming in next weekend to play golf. JF is our destination.

Dunnellon, Florida
Dunnellon, Florida
Citrus Springs, Florida
4.1904857143
Beverly Hills, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 4 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - North Course, South Course, Island Course, & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).