View of the 16th green at Waterlefe Golf & River Club

Inspired by the backdrop of the Manatee River, Ted McAnlis has created the ultimate golf experience with the perfect combination of beauty and challenge. Waterlefe Golf & River Club is built along a particularly beautiful section of the Manatee River, complete with wide expanses of pristine marshes and pleasant coves. Don't be surprised if on the 15th tee you spot a family of manatees poking noses up for a breath of air. The golf course was designed with a great deal of time, effort and expense going toward protecting and resorting the natural environment that gives the course it unique character. The gently sloped greens with the newest Tifteagle Bermuda offer the ultimate in putting. From a lazy start on the par-5 first hole to the big finish on the 18th hole island green, golfers love Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Waterlefe Golf and River Club

Architect Ted McAnlis (2000)

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Dress code Proper golf attire required

Bar, Grill, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness, Tennis

19th Hole Specials 15

Perfect

Perfect everything. Like hitting of a pillow in the fairways. Perfect bent grass greens.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u780180012. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Waterlefe Golf & River Club thanks you!

Excellent and fun layout

Course condition was great, considering greens were punched only a few weeks ago. Greens were patchy in colour but rolled great at good speed.

Lots of tee options for all skill levels. The speed of play could’ve been better. There was no course Marshall on course. The back 9 is lots of fun with interesting holes. Will be back for another game!

Commented on 06/27/2022

Hello, 1dly1. Thank you for visiting us at Waterlefe Golf & River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Very good layout.

Pace of play was great. Course is challenging and consistently in good shape.

Commented on 06/27/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, tomcat324. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Waterlefe Golf & River Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hello Cdkelley211,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Great course.

Greens were a little slow. play was great until back nine. Slow play no rangers pushing them along. I called the club house from hole 11 where there were two foursomes in front of me waiting to tee off with, no help from the pro shop.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello, uVHPC8314VH. Thank you for visiting us at Waterlefe Golf & River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Get out there

Can't beat the views. Course in great shape. Greens coming back nicely after being punched. Starter and ranger are funny, nice guys.

Commented on 06/17/2022

Thank you for your review, u314161866180. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Waterlefe Golf & River Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great course. Rate of play was slow due to a foursome that was holding us up

Commented on 06/14/2022

Hi, noahhugo. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Waterlefe Golf & River Club.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, christophe7624116! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Commented on 06/15/2022

Hi, Steve6457026. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Terrible greens

They should inform you when greens are aerated. Greens were unputtable.

Commented on 06/10/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, jamesvmiller. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Waterlefe Golf & River Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Greens and fairways just punched

I would avoid for a few weeks. Greens were just punched which made putting and even chipping a really poor experience. Awesome layout.

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hello, Jpowers618. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Waterlefe Golf & River Club.

Hello Cdkelley211,

no updated info on golfnow

the greens were all sanded and the fairways were rough; if this would have mentioned in golfnow we would not have booked.

Hi, u314162370571,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Waterlefe Golf & River Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hi, u101946674. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Waterlefe Golf & River Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/03/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161107863! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Great course!!

Very beautiful and challenging golf course!! Glad I got out there when I did since they are aerating this week. Always well maintained and the staff is great!! Big shout out to the ranger for keeping things moving and tracking me down to return my 8 iron to me!! Such a fun track

Commented on 05/31/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314159860019! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Waterlefe Golf & River Club.

Commented on 05/31/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mattjo2000! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Commented on 05/31/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u279060419! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Hard golf course

This course is short and surrounded by water. It is a fun and challenging layout. There is water and woods everywhere in this course. Better hit the ball straight in order to have a chance. It is a great course an I highly recommend it!

Commented on 05/27/2022

Hello, Bryanrichards73. Thank you for visiting us at Waterlefe Golf & River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course 0-6 hdcp

If I could rate this course 4.5 ⭐️ I would. Anything that’s not in great shape they are actively working on it. Lots of water in play on nearly every shot. I felt like there was lots of room to hit the ball. I would describe the course as look hard plays easier. Trust the GPS in the golf cart. I found it to be very accurate. The greens were fast and medium firmness. The fairways were in very very good condition. A few of the tees were not great but were good and they were actively trying to improve them. Overall one of the best courses I have played this year.

Commented on 05/26/2022

Hello, u220912277. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Waterlefe Golf & River Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Parrish, Florida
Parrish, Florida
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Resort/Semi-Private
Palmetto, Florida
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 4 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - North Course, South Course, Island Course, & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - Island Course & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.