A view from a green at Atlantic National Golf Club

Formerly known as Grand Lacuna Golf Club, this par-71 championship course now goes by the name Atlantic National Golf Club. Designed in the late 1980s by Joe Lee, the course was designated one of the 50 best public courses in Florida. The challenging layout has plenty of variety that will require all different types of shots. Golfers will find that they need to use every club in their bag. Water hazards come into play on several holes but the strategically placed bunkers that lurk along the greensides and fairways are particularly tricky. There are some tough holes but it is an accommodating layout for all skill levels, especially since it has four diverse sets of tees. In addition to the golf course, Atlantic National offers a grass driving range, two putting greens, and a chipping area with a practice bunker.

Atlantic National Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Celebration Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Joe Lee (1988)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code No jeans. No tennis shorts. No halter tops. No sleeveless shirts.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

19th Hole Specials 19

Rainout

Rained out on 12th hole. Clubhouse says call Golfnow for credit. All I get is info on my page which leads me in circles. Cannot. Get a phone # for Golfnow. 2nd bad experience with golf now as far as getting credit for rain delays. They make it very difficult.

Commented on 09/10/2021

Thank you ROBERT8696467 for leaving a review about your recent experience. It appears that your reservation was made for a "HOT DEAL" tee time which was pre-paid to GolfNow. They would be responsible to issue you a credit on your account for the golf you were unable to play due to inclement weather. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to welcome you back in the future with better weather.

This is a very good course

Course in beautiful shape. Greens recently aerated so watch for that but fairways teeboxes and layout are quality

I’m returning tomorrow

Commented on 09/07/2021

Thank you LEONIDSHOWER for the EXCELLENT review! We're pleased you enjoyed the course conditions and layout. We hope you played well! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 08/14/2021

Thank you JSCHMIDT39 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 08/14/2021

Thank you U798242671 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 08/12/2021

Thank you COLETTI112 for the GOOD review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Played when was a little wet, so can’t blame the course. Super friendly staff, great holes, overall great course.

Rain out

I'm looking for a refund of my Golf Now fee due to the course being closed due to rain

Great course!!

My son and I were visiting my Mom from California and decided to play two rounds of golf! Had a great time, course is in great shape! Had a hard lime with the heat ( not like California) and course has a lot of water! Was challenging but really fun to play! We will definitely play this course again!!

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you U314161283445 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and comments about your recent experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Great day with friends

Arrived early. Staff was great. Putting green was nice.
Course is in good shape though it was a little wet.
Greens were nice with good speed. Finished in 4 hours.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you U314161925470 for the GOOD review! Thank you for leaving a few comments about your recent visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

6 hour golf

Way too many lame golfers who shouldn’t be allowed to hold a club and hit a hard round object.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you U314161452685 for the AVERAGE review. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC.

Good Experience

Enjoyed the round. Pace of play good, staff helpful. Course generally in good nick, but looking scruffy around the edges. Many bare areas need attending to, for example to the right of the bunkers guarding the 17th green. Need to up the overall maintenance during the summer while play is more limited

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you GULABEARS for the GOOD review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

The course was in great shape. The pace of playing the course was great. We will definitely play here again.

Commented on 07/08/2021

Thank you U314159814347 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Beautiful course

I’ve played this course twice now and for me it plays a little tuff but that’s me and not the course. Staff was very accommodating and the two for one beer in the 19th hole helps calm me down after playing. I’m sure you’ll enjoy playing Atlantic National.

Commented on 06/30/2021

Thank you U969563752 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for sharing a few comments about your recent visit. Golf is hard! Thank you for choosing ANGC.

Worst Staff Baited $20 More

First off I called asking if single could get tee time they gave me 11am - I asked if the greens were aeriated due to another course in the area and they told me they weren’t but upon playing on them they recently were with bumps everywhere. My experience started off bad putting me in the worst mood to play golf there I went up to the first tee as a single in my cart playing with another single in his car and the starter told me I have to share carts with the other person much older than me playing from a different Teebox. I paid a lot of money to play there and was in the mood to shoot a good round. That was all ruined when the start of told me I had to share the card with the other person and if I want my own card I have to go back to the clubhouse and pay $20 to get my own cart. Upon going to the clubhouse I asked them why they never told me signing up as a single I would have to possibly share with my car with another person and it would be $20 more only to find this out when I go to the first tee after practicing ready to get up there and swing I have to go back and argue with the people in the clubhouse about $20 adding onto my large bill to play there already. They do not have a nine hole rate which I already asked for as well they only have an 18 hole rate even though you only want to play nine holes. The staff was completely non-obliging and not nice due to the fact that I came back in and asked for a free $20 card voucher but they said now and would rather have sent me home refunding my money for the round. So I had to pay the $20 right back out there and I had the worst round ever. I’m never going to go play there again and I would recommend nobody go play there again there’s many other courses right in the same area within two minutes Park Ridge golf course Okeeheelee golf course. I wouldn’t even give it one star.

Commented on 06/29/2021

Thank you Mr. Rich for leaving a review. We understand that you were displeased with our policy, however your vulgar and demeaning language was not welcomed. Golf is an individual sport and as a public golf course you're expected to play with others. Golf carts are also designed for two players. As an option, you chose to take you're own individual cart, per our policy you're subject to pay a $20 fee for. We're sorry that you feel that you're experience didn't meet your expectations. ANGC hopes that you enjoyed the golf course conditioning and the beautiful day and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Lightning raincheck

At first the weather was great. As I was putting out on #4, the weather alarm sounded. I went to the cart and the GPS was showing lightning within 6 miles and is said, “Play at your own risk.” I waited a few minutes, then saw lightning myself and decided it was time to go. I drove back to the pro shop and asked about getting a raincheck. I was told that I would have to wait an hour, that was their policy. They also told me that it was only a “caution.” Really don’t think I will be going back here. It was a nice course, just don’t care for that policy.

Commented on 06/29/2021

Thank you Michael1582131 for the AVERAGE review! Golf being an outdoor sport, players are expected to be prepared for inclement weather. ANGC does have a lightning detection system to assist our ability to inform players when weather is approaching. In the event that inclement weather does present itself it is up to the player to discontinue play. The club does not take responsibility for players safety. Rain checks will be issued due to excessive rainfall or a period in excess of 1-hour under the caution of nearby lightning activity. ANGC wants to provide players with every opportunity to enjoy what they came to our facility to do; PLAY GOLF!

Florida delight

Fairways funnel into deep challenging sand traps wrapping well maintained greens. Gentle turns In fairways nestling water hazards offer challenge to better players and forgiving wideness to the less skilled. Nice par 3s are birdiable, par 5s have a PGA je ne sais quoi.
Well worth the drive and great green fee value.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Thank you DAN8451364 for the EXCELLENT review! We're pleased you had a great golf experience and enjoyed the beautiful layout. We're offering some great promotional pricing due to our recent aerification performed on 6/1/21. We look forward to your next visit, thank you for choosing ANGC!

My Go-To Course!

Atlantic National never disappoints. Nice staff, course is diverse and in good condition. I highly recommend it.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Thank you U000005530572 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent visit. The course is almost fully recovered from our aerification performed on June 1st, 2021. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Forewarned

Course was a bit rough, but in all fairness I was prewarned that the course was recently punched.
Just wanted to swing the clubs, and the price was more than right, and being one of my favs I booked it regardless.
Played in 3.5hrs.

Course conditions

The website didn't indicate the course had just been aerated and under repair.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Thank you ROBB1 for the AVERAGE review! Sorry that you didn't recognize the multiple attempts to inform our guests about the annual preventative maintenance being performed. Our website has a "pop" up message and all GolfNow reservations advertised an Aerification Alert for any reservations made during June 6th-27th, 2021. We suggest to players to recognize that all courses must perform preventative maintenance and it's always smart to call the facility and ask. Thank you for choosing ANGC.

Had course to our selves.

Nice condition considering they were aerating the fairways and greens. I need to come back after everything heals.
Tees were flat and in good condition. Most fairways were good. Most greens were being serviced. Probably the reason no one was playing and we had course to or selves.
Nice course though. $25 cannot go wrong.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Thank you SFGOLFER123 for the GOOD review! Thank you for playing. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Boynton Beach, Florida
Lake Worth, Florida
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodations in a Deluxe Guest Room at Trump National Doral and 1 rounds of golf at Red Tiger, Golden Palm, Silver Fox or Blue Monster.
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at The Biltmore Hotel and 1 round of golf at The Biltmore Golf Course.
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.