A view from a green at Atlantic National Golf Club

Formerly known as Grand Lacuna Golf Club, this par-71 championship course now goes by the name Atlantic National Golf Club. Designed in the late 1980s by Joe Lee, the course was designated one of the 50 best public courses in Florida. The challenging layout has plenty of variety that will require all different types of shots. Golfers will find that they need to use every club in their bag. Water hazards come into play on several holes but the strategically placed bunkers that lurk along the greensides and fairways are particularly tricky. There are some tough holes but it is an accommodating layout for all skill levels, especially since it has four diverse sets of tees. In addition to the golf course, Atlantic National offers a grass driving range, two putting greens, and a chipping area with a practice bunker.

Atlantic National Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Celebration Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Joe Lee (1988)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code No jeans. No tennis shorts. No halter tops. No sleeveless shirts.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

19th Hole Specials 20

Recent visit

I have always loved the layout of the course it’s one I make sure I get to every time I am in the area, which is frequently. My only complaint is the greens were a little shaggy and in rough condition. Happens sometimes hopefully they are working on getting them back together.

Still highly recommend the course.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Thank you U000008166615 for the GOOD review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Worst greens I’ve seen in South Florida

I’ve played here maybe 50 times, and this is the worst I’ve ever seen it. As a matter of fact, these were the worst greens I’ve seen on any public course in South Florida. There are 5-10 ft sand spots on almost every green, the grass on the greens are 3 inches long, and are filled with 2-3 ft patches all over every green. The restaurant is permanently closed, and my friend Mike Swid couldn’t get a snack, had a diabetes attack on #14 tee box, sliced a ball into a house window, and hit a high school kid playing PlayStation. Now he’s in jail. Don’t go here.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Thank you TAYLORMADE047 for the review of your recent visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC.

Course bad shape

Fairways were horrible the greens were recently aerated there were many very bad spots all over every green filled with sand the 4th hole had workers on it with construction equipment all around the green didn't find out till we got to the hole over all horrible experience would never play there again and no way I would ever recommend this course to anyone. Horrible

Commented on 05/23/2022

Thank you U9757935 for the review of your recent round at ANGC. We hope you'll give us another opportunity soon after we have recovered from annual preventative maintenance. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Thank you Q1167884516 for the GOOD review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Atlantic national going downhill

I have played Atlantic national for 11 years. It has always been a terrific golf course. Somehow the course has gone downhill and the greens have completely gotten away from the maintenance team. Bare spots on almost every green Fairways were decent but not as plush as in the past. The course was aerated a few weeks ago. The large holes have not cured after several weeks so the greens where there was grass was slow and bumpy. This was an amazing disappointment as this can be an excellent golf course. Apparently needs a new maintenance team..Sad.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you U000004553436 for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your recent experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Not like it was

I played Atlantic for the first time since last summer and I normally recommend this course to everybody because of its beautiful layout and the conditions of the course and the greens. I have to say that I was SHOCKED absolutely shocked at the conditions of the greens. Granted that they had been aerated three weeks ago and they're doing their best to repair them but there was dry spots or dead spots or disease or something on almost every hole. I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the condition of the first screen and then the second green and so on and so on. The fairways were pretty dry too and then recently been aerated so there's hope but I can't believe that they were charging almost 100 bucks to play this course a couple weeks ago. I've been playing courses all over South Florida for far less money than what they charge and the greens are and far better condition.
On the positive side Atlantic has one of the best layouts in all of South Florida. The staff is super friendly, the player assistant keep things moving and my round was done in 3 hours and 45 minutes.
I really hope that they put some money into the course and get it back to where it was because this was one of my favorite places to play in the summer since it's overpriced in the winter time and they close an hour earlier than every other course so when you play late you can often finish your round.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you FOXMAN2SL for the review! Thank you for taking the time to leave comments about your recent visit. We appreciate your candor. Our maintenance staff is working diligently to return the course to our consistent, excellent playing condition. The annual maintenance practices are necessary and help identify the weak areas once performed. We have and continue to address these areas. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Course condition

The course layout is nice. The fairways were great but the greens were sanded and slow.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you U000004588344 for the GOOD review! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Thanks for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you JAREDMCSTINE for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Horrible

Greens abs fairways being punched is an understatement. The greens were covered in sand, massive holes and long grass. The fairways looked like they were dragged with a farm rake. We were told to fix divots…Not warned of the condition.

Commented on 05/06/2022

Thank you U000005828675 for the review! Preventative maintenance is necessary to maintain a golf course. We attempt to advertise on GolfNow when aerification is performed. If you missed the aerification icon, we apologize. Recovery conditions are anticipated for several weeks following aerification.

Book teatime on GolfNow fairways and greens were aerated way too much sand on the greens could not putt

Commented on 04/30/2022

Thank you KLOSE00001 for the review. We just performed our spring aerification. Expect recovery conditions. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 04/30/2022

Thank you NICKASH02 for the review. We just performed our annual maintenance and the course is in recovery from some of the necessary work.

Commented on 04/30/2022

Thank you U314162594010 for the GOOD review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 04/30/2022

Thank you LHARTMANN for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 04/30/2022

Thank you U314162323759 for the GOOD review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Try this course

Efficient check in, nice range and real grass and no mats, thank you! Very friendly staff including the ranger, finished in 4 hours with hardly a push from the group behind us. Course is a little dry , could use some watering. I like it and I will bring friends here. Just add some water on the greens and fairways please !

Commented on 04/11/2022

Thank you U613178540 for the GOOD review! We're pleased you had a great golfing experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Super Course

I never leave reviews but this course is excellent . The greens are good , not excellent , but everything else is terrific .

Great experience !!!

Commented on 04/11/2022

Thank you JIM1844976 for the EXCELLENT review. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Had to check it out

I have a friend visiting in a couple of weeks and planned on Atlantic National being one of the courses we visit. After reading a couple of reviews complaining about conditions I thought I better check it out. For those who complained I have a comment. Try playing in the fairway. Conditions aren’t perfect but far from warranting a complaint. Greens are fast, some a little sandy. I’ve always enjoyed the layout. I’m definitely bringing my friend here for a round.

Commented on 04/11/2022

Thank you RUGGERDAD for the GOOD review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a few comments. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 04/07/2022

u314160029468 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Boynton Beach, Florida
Lake Worth, Florida
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Turnberry Isle Country Club - Soffer & Miller Courses.
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodations in a Deluxe Guest Room at Trump National Doral and 1 rounds of golf at Red Tiger, Golden Palm, Silver Fox or Blue Monster.
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at The Biltmore Hotel and 1 round of golf at The Biltmore Golf Course.
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.