Style Parkland

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities

Not good

Pace of play was awful.

Course layout is poor. Constant slopes left to right down hill holes. Hard to know where the pin is on half the holes.

Greens were only thing good.

Lovely course - a few fab holes, particularly the 7th, 13th and 14th just to name a few.

There are some great views through trees to other parts of the course and greens !

Make sure you’ve had your red bull as it is hilly.

Will be back.

(The greens just needed a little more water - hot dry day).

Arrogant staff and members

Horribly arrogant members and staff. Booked and paid for a tee time and confirmed a buggy for a friend who had an injury and has trouble walking. Arrived at the golf club and we’re told the person we confirmed the buggy with has gone home and our tee time is too late for us to take out a buggy. We say hello to an elderly chap walking past, he replies ‘where’s your rake!!??’. We tell him we’ve been in the pro shop and the assistant didn’t mention anything. The shop assistant comes out, we say to him you didn’t mention anything to us, he replies there’s a sign on the first tee and also says we can’t afford £6 to pay for the rake. We tell him we haven’t been to the first tee yet and payment isn’t a problem. These people need to learn some manners, employ a mature shop assistant and understand Bolton Golf Club is nothing special. It's an average course located in a deprived area. None of the bunkers were raked (see image) they just had a problem with us, wonder why?? The greens were lovely, true and fast.

A great day out

The course was in great condition and speed of play excellent.

Not much interaction with staff due to Covid restrictions and didn’t use the outside bar facilities.

Disappointed I wasn’t advised beforehand that I needed to purchase a rake for 6 pounds in order to play..

Overall a great day despite my rusty golf

Not a long course

Many short holes but still testing, greens were slick and true, lots of sloping lies, a very dry course lots of run, enjoyed the day and would play again.

Course let down by staff

Played on 04/04/2021 and couldn't complain about the course. Fairways, tee's and greens all in great condition. A great, challenging course which I've always admired being a local resident for over 25 years. Course wise its excellent. I was left with a sour taste as described below.
My only complaint was the club shop assistant. When I went to show my online booking the assistant couldn't 'find it on the system'. I showed the booking and email confirmation on my phone to the assistant but was then told that it is members only today 'I can rebook you in for 2 weeks time'!!
It was only when I refused to accept this that the club chairman who instantly applied common sense (payment confirmed allow play) that the assistant allowed our 3 ball to tee off. I wouldn't have mind but there where 4 groups on the entire course during our round and during the assistants call to the chairman it was confirmed that the the course had been quiet on that day anyway. Why cause me the embarrassment of being turned away, despite an online confirmation which was verified and the quiet nature of the course at the time in question anyway??
It was like a fight to play the course despite pre payment for the round over 2 weeks prior. The lack of communication between the online booking portals and club system isnt the customer/golfers issue and as such they shouldn't be embarrassed and advised to rebook in 2 weeks time.
My drive on the 1st, needless to say, got a good hiding.
Very poor customer service which I'd appreciate a response to.

Spot on

Course in great condition which was extra impressive given the recent weather/time of year. A good test with some lovely holes. Just wish we had booked in for dinner, food looked delicious and chap running the bar was a good laugh.

Greens had been spiked for drainage on a 14 ft putt you could get three or 4 bounces out of the spike Holes. The holes were about 1/2 cm wide in places and could bobble you out right or left and take all the pace out of your putt dreadful. The greens were covered in sand it was practically unplayable.

Fantastic course

We got paired to play with two members which worked out ideal. Not only did we get some great course insight and knowledge but they were both really nice guys.
Course Is really nice. In great condition. The greens are rapid so that took some adjustment.
Will be visiting again and possibly looking into membership next year.

Bolton

Nice course not very long but some very nice holes and views

Plays Once a year

Very good greens

Conditions fantastic but not a particulary memorable course.

Interesting course to play

First impressions, the visitor/overflow car park was full, and therefore had to park on the grass. Another negative was there was very little signage to point to the next tee. We were also following a 5ball? On a number of holes, there was a tee close to a green, which was a little off-putting for us. But we enjoyed the course overall, found the greens to be a nice pace, some interesting holes, but such a shame the amount of divots that have been left.

Great Day Out

Course was in excellent condition. Greens were fast. Credit to the green keepers. Perfect weather. Great round of golf in good company.

Bolton Golf Club

A lovely course to play, greens quick and well looked after. Some holes have a significant slope so even good drives ended up in the rough due to the dry course having no rain.

Would play again

Fantastic Condition

Played this course for the first time and was very impressed with the experience, from the friendly reception we received in the pro shop staff and the fantastic condition of the course the greens were better than many others are in the summertime. This is one I can’t wait to play again.

Gutted

The only thing that let the place down was we were locked in. We had no way of getting out because of the barrier. Everything was locked up and required a members card to open it.

Please let us know a code to get out next time

Bolton, Bolton
Farnworth, Bolton
Hindley, Wigan
4.1960588235
Bromley Cross, Bolton
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).