Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander

Year Built 2017
Architect Arnold Palmer (2017)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Lakewood National Golf School"

Swimming

Fitness

• Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2020 #19)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2020 #2) (2019 #3)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2019 #43)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2019 #22)

Course conditions

Course was in great condition. Greens were super fast and had alot of undulations. Fairways and Tees were also in great condition and staff were very friendly.

Commented on 01/07/2021

u642288622, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course.

great day

beautiful course, lots of wind but otherwise gorgeous day. found myself in a lot of bunkers and waste bunkers despite the wide fairways.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, carmensg! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Challenging and good looking course

Very well kept course. Greens were interesting on every hole, and quite challenging for me.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159333686! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Check it Out

This was my first time playing Lakewood National but won’t be the last. The course is amazing, with a challenging layout from 5 sets of tees and undulating, fast greens. Don’’t be above the hole or you’ll never stop the ball.

Enjoyed every minute of it.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Pastpat59, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course.

Covid Cart Policy - UNREAL

I am going to preface that I truly enjoy this golf course, have played 10+ times since February, and enjoy the layout; however, the experience rubbed me the wrong way this time.

New covid policy requires you to pay extra for a cart (already included in price of greens fees that are $100) if you have a three some of foursome. I was instructed I’d be riding with a unknown individual with a barrier or I had to pay an additional $25. The “cart barrier” is a joke. You’re sitting next to the person for 4 plus hours. It’s hooked up with a bungie chord. Since when is it a policy that singles booking separately that do not know each other have to ride together? On any course?

I’m glad I regretfully paid the extra money on top of the green fees considering the individual I would have been next to the entire day was traveling from Mexico City.

Lakewood National is scheming to make more revenue from their customers which is shameful during the world wide pandemic.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hi, drewott1821. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, wcerdel! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Worth every penny

Challenging track but very enjoyable. Greens are fast and tricky - don’t over read the break! The staff is great, the course condition was impeccable, and I enjoyed every minute of the challenge. I played Commander 4 times over a week and a half period visiting family. It’s that good.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello, u000004101431. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ilikegolf26! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, gad509! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Great !!!

Perfect conditionsall around. Anybody giving it less than 5 stars because of covid, should stay home and watch golf on tv !!!

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000005516794! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Commented on 12/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u240933665! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Always nice course to play. Fun layout challenging in great shape

Commented on 12/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Xray366! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Play at your own risk

The note above writing reviews says to please be mindful of their efforts as you write reviews during the coronavirus pandemic. They get 1 star.

Arriving at the first time this morning, the Starter wanted to move my bag to another single player's cart. Being denied the option to walk instead of riding with a player I do not know, he called the bag drop to bring a cart with a divider. Given the proximity and length of time sitting next to a person I do not know and  the makeshift divider made of a plastic film hung with bungee cords, I still did not feel safe sharing a cart so I returned to the proshop.

At the proshop I found out that walking is not permitted and was also denied another request to pay a rider fee to take my own cart. During this pandemic and no other options offered, I asked for a refund.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hello, Mashpotato. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course.

Course needs to improve their protocols in light of the pandemic

I realize that the minimum standards dictated by the state, county and municipality are all that the course is legally required to follow but I would expect that they would use common sense and have more flexibility for those customers that want/need to be more careful.

The course forces strangers to ride in carts (no walking permitted) and therefore to sit in close proximity with other people for extended periods of time. They do have the option of having a "divider" between the two riders but the divider hardly provides any actual separation-- especially over the course of 4+ hours.

I would hope that the course is able to review their policies and update them to allow for the protection of their customers.

Commented on 12/03/2020

Hello, u000006456399. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the safety concerns during your round. With many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds safely and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160137268! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Commented on 11/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Brian2865047! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Florida’s Awesome Golf

A sheer delight to enjoy this beautiful golf layout with challenging golf shots to keep one’s mind engaged!!

Commented on 11/19/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ToughLuckGolf! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Commented on 11/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jwyse! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Commented on 11/05/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160937365! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakewood National Golf Club - Commander Course!

Lakewood Ranch, Florida