Keith Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1974
Architect Ellis Maples (1974)

Practice Hole Yes

9-Hole Rounds 21
On a College Campus 34

Beautiful Courses (Orang/Black)

I played the orange and then the black course today. The courses are in beautiful shape. Unfortunately, there were several par 4s roped off so that they could not be driven on with carts. The fairways appeared to be dry with low water levels in the ponds.

Fun Course

This is a fun course with a challenging layout (Orange to Black). The only complaint re:course conditions would be scarce sand in some of the bunkers.

Commented on 10/20/2021

Hello, sbrewer84. Thank you for visiting us at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fool me once…

Once again my tee time was interfered with by a tournament, except for this time the starter chased my group down to let us know we couldn’t break in front of someone’s tee time after we were redirected by the tournament. This is still one of my favorite courses in the area but they really need to get their act together when it comes to tee times and tournaments. Be better!!!

Commented on 10/18/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, BigWat. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/18/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u265135379. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Commented on 10/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159973670! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Nice track, beware the rough.

A challenging track that is well thought out. Greens were fair, and consistent, rough was nasty. Golf Now price was very reasonable for a course of this quality.

Commented on 10/06/2021

Hello, u000004983006. Thank you for visiting us at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Poor Scheduling…

Booked a mid-afternoon tee time and was making decent time (about 1:50 on front 9) but I the turn we were told we couldn’t continue on the track we were told (Orange to Black) due to a tournament starting. We were rerouted to the White course which was backed up and had a super slow pace of play (about 2:45 to finish) not to mention the folks who had a tee time to start on White weren’t thrilled when they showed up and our group (along with another) were all waiting to tee off. Only good thing was I joined a group of 3 that I had played with before, which was fun. Probably the worst experience I’ve had at this course which is usually on top of things. Still one of my favorites and I’ll be back.

Commented on 09/29/2021

Hello, BigWat. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/27/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us, u000006390939. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

slow

No Reason for a 27 hole course to play this slow. 345 for 14 holes and I quit. No Rangers? Love this course but the slow play was insane.

Commented on 09/23/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 09/23/2021

Commented on 09/17/2021

Hello and thank you for your rating, u000007563699! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Commented on 09/17/2021

Hello and thank you for your rating, u510267890! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Great course conditions and pace of play.

We played Keith Hills on our way to Pinehurst. Course is in excellent shape and pace of play is very good. Snack bar closed due to lack of help.

Commented on 09/17/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, urbanal. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course thanks you!

Slow play

They allowed a five some in front of us. They were playing super ball, and were still so slow that there were two groups on the tee box on many holes. They need to do a better job of monitoring slow play.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello. Thank you for visiting us at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/07/2021

H. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Commented on 08/24/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000001524099. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Keith Hills

The layout was very good. The only issues our group had was the tremendous amount of rain that had fallen and the course was wet and the grass was understandably long. The rough was impossible. We will play again as long as it hasn't rain for a couple days.

Commented on 08/27/2021

First impression

I have been playing Keith Hills for over 25 years and have thought about joining for the past year or so.Unfortunately, I can not make myself join a course where the starter, the first guy you deal with, is a total butt. It's a running joke with the various guys I have taken on how much of a jerk will he be. Today, when he went after my son for getting a cart because our tee time was still 20 minutes away was enough for me. My son is 25 and can handle himself, so when the starter then jumped on the guest I brought, I politely explained that maybe he should find a job he enjoys. I will not continue to pay to play golf at a course where they make you mad as soon as you get out of the car. I'm looking to get rid of stress, not add it. Otherwise, the course is great, other than no ranger to speed up play.

Commented on 08/24/2021

Hi, tarheel86. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (910) 893-1371, and thanks for visiting Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Scott T

Course was in great shape. Recent rain made it play a little sloppy. Range was closed. Cart path only slowed play considerably. Very nice layout.

Commented on 08/24/2021

Hello, srtbull99. Thank you for visiting us at Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, sjskynear. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159696693! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Keith Hills Golf Club - Black Course!

Buies Creek, North Carolina
Sanford, North Carolina
Raleigh, North Carolina
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4.2097666667
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.