View of a green at Eagle Chase Golf Club

Eagle Chase Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Tom Jackson

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Locker Rooms

Featured
Good weather

Great place! Worth the drive from Charlotte

First time playing this course.

This course is definitely out in the middle of nowhere and a true country vibe when you drive in. Small clubhouse and a lot of pick-up trucks in the parking lot!

I'd say this is the best bang for the buck course I have ever played in my life. I am serious.

Its Friday rate is $35, I got it for $28 on Golfnow. I feel bad paying that little for this place.

The course is both beautiful and fun. I was truly excited to see what the next hole would present. Its all you and nature. No houses, no busy roads nearby. (I included some pictures).

Greens were in great shape. Fairly quick and very firm on approach. Rolled very true. Very very little ball mark damage from the summer playing season.

Lots of elevation changes.

The thing I like about it is despite the elevation changes, the course lays out in front of your eye. There are very few blind shots, and the fairways are fairly flat given the overall landscape. You will have some very tough approach shots to elevated greens here, but also some dramatic and fun shots down to pins.

All in all, its a very fair golf course, with tough greens that have a good amount of break.

Yes the cart paths are due for a major fix-up (the course is not walkable). But you can drive right along the path and avoid the rough pathways. Tee boxes are a little rough around the edges, but for the most part, anything that you see that is disheveled is well out of play. The bulk of the course is nicely taken care of.

Just a beautiful place. Well worth the drive, and I can't wait to return.

Great course.

First time playing this course in over 20 years. It’s quite a drive from South Charlotte but well worth it. The course is beautiful and in great addition. A couple holes I didn’t particularly like but generally speaking loved the course!

Plays Once a year
Commented on 11/30/2021

Hello u961204095. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 11/30/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161647005! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Great Course for the Money

Enjoyable time. Fairways in goodmshape Greens were very fast and hard to read, but that made it more fun. Layout was great.

Commented on 11/30/2021

Hello, u000008046524. Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Chase Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/09/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, loganburris! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Commented on 11/09/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jojogreek! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Commented on 11/08/2021

Hi, mo4181. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Eagle Chase Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 10/29/2021

Hi, markgustafson. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Commented on 10/29/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u946473407. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Commented on 10/25/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314161838721. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Commented on 10/25/2021

Hi, chrogr10. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Chase Golf Club.

Eagle Chase fun

Fun day at Eagle Chase. Course in good shape. Even though cart paths in areas are being redone, no issues and even those workers were friendly.

My only suggestion is to cut the greens a little lower. They are smooth but need to be faster.

The fairways, tees, sand - all good.

I didn’t play great but a par on 18 always sends you home with a smile.

Thanks Eagle Chase. It’s a drive that I am willing to do to play your course.

Commented on 11/02/2021

Thank you for your review, sportsnutdave. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Eagle Chase Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love this course

Great views - out in nature - just a beautiful course.

Commented on 10/22/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, robwalko! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Eagle Chase Golf Club.

Great go to golf course right outside of the Charlotte area

Great public course just 45 minutes from Charlotte. The staff is excellent and super friendly. The course plays like a mountain course (lots of elevation changes, blind shots, and sloping fairways). It is challenging but fair and fun. Greens are very well maintained. Only negatives: cart paths could use some TLC (it looks like they are setting up to re-do them soon) and the port-a-johns need to be swapped out.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello, jessicagrier. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Eagle Chase Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Course maintenance

Please put sand in bottles so players can help preserve this great course.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Thank you for your review, chrogr10. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Chase Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160978089! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Great course, super slow greens

Overall I loved this course, especially for the price I paid. Sand traps were in great conditions and were nice, fairways were very clean and easy to hit. The only complaint I have is the greens were just slow and hard. Me and the guy I played with wasn’t able to get a ball to bite and stay on the greens. We tried the bump and run and even loft but with how hard the greens are you would get a few bounces and roll right off so it made the short game very difficult to handle. I would definitely come back to this course for another round with my buddies.

Commented on 10/05/2021

Thank you for your review, blhuddleston32. We will pass along your experience to our team at Eagle Chase Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Eagles Chase

I enjoyed the course. Greens are in good condition.
Will play again. Friendly staff.

Commented on 09/29/2021

Hello, u402552441. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Eagle Chase Golf Club.

Loads of fun

It was my third time coming here. As usual, fantastic vista, and another fun round.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hello, u314162004841. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Eagle Chase Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 09/27/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Eagle Chase Golf Club!

Indian Trail, North Carolina
Matthews, North Carolina
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Norwood, North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.