Santee National Golf Club possesses all of the charms of the Carolina Lowcountry but it is also nicely contrasted with highland terrain. The course sprawls across rolling hills covered with moss-draped live oaks that demand accuracy. Both the scenery and the challenges continue with pristine white sand bunkers that stand out against the lush greens. There are also five sparkling lakes throughout that come into play on several holes. The front nine is wide open but the course narrows as you move onto the back nine and it also becomes more wooded. It is a tough golf course but more forgiving than it seems. As the only Golf Digest 4-star rated course in the area, Santee National has a longstanding reputation with locals and it is also popular with visitors.

Santee National Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Greens Bermuda
Architect Porter Gibson

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Great golf

Little wet because of recent rain, but very nice

Commented on 02/10/2021

Your feedback is important to us, Joe. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Winter golf

The staff provides a clean and safe round of golf. The layout is fun golf that isn't terribly difficult. I really like the back nine because the views are very pretty. The only negative aspect I could think of would be the roughness of the cart paths. Because it was wet, I had to stay on the cart path and encountered a rough ride. Maybe I should have walked.

Commented on 02/09/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 01/28/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We look forward to having you back at Santee National Golf Club!

This is a great course in excellent condition. Though the weather was a bit cool. I enjoyed the round.

Commented on 01/28/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Santee National Golf Club!

Commented on 01/28/2021

Thank you for the 4 stars. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Great Time

Due to the rain and no sun to dry it out the course was cart path only but was still very playable. I played with two of my golfing buddies and we had a great time. The replay was pretty expensive but we sucked it up and paid the twenty something for nine more holes. Not sure why fees have gone up on replays I mean you have already paid the cart fees. The clubhouse staff were very friendly.

Commented on 01/28/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Santee National Golf Club!

Santee National

What a Beautiful course. Recent heavy rains made it Cart Path Only but course otherwise was in Excellent condition. Dave at the check in is a Very Friendly gentleman and is a Pleasure to chat with while checking in. We Enjoy playing Santee. Santee National is Truly an Enjoyable course !!

Commented on 01/28/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club.

Great value

Santee National is one of the best values in golf. The course is kept is very good condition, has a number of exceptional holes, and costs very little to play. Worth the drive to Santee, no doubt.

Commented on 01/28/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Santee National Golf Club!

Golf at it's FINEST

Let me start off by saying that I've been playing this course for many years. No matter what time of year I drive up from Summerville South Carolina oh, it's always in great shape. I played a couple of weeks ago and there was a blower machine clearing the leaves off of the Fairway. Now that's what I call customer service. Fairways are always green and the greens are always rolling true. It's always a bargain booking it through GolfNow. Do yourself a favor and wherever you are make the trip to Santee National oh, you'll be glad you did.

Commented on 01/28/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very nice course

I drove over 2 hours to play at Santee National it was well worth the drive I would do it again and again course was in outstanding condition staff was super friendly

Another great day at Santee National

The course is in great condition, especially for this time of year. Everything is so well maintained, greens roll true, staff is great, and the layout is fun. All-around one of our favorite courses to play in SC. Absolutely worth the one hour drive from Columbia. Every time we play here we feel like we are on vacation. Can't wait to get back again soon.

Fabulous all the way around!!

Found this gem of a course @ 1 mile off 95 on our way to Florida. Astounded at the shape of the greens and fairways especially as it was such a great value. They have overseeded with winter grass which left the fairways looking springtime Green in the end of December. It was a challenging and beautiful course. The staff was so helpful and courteous. They even came out of the pro shop as we came to the turn to see how we were doing how we like the course and if we needed anything as they knew it was our first time there. You will find true southern hospitality at this course. We will be back!

Delivers every trip

Thiss course delivers time after time.. Weather was heavy fog at tee off. Ground was wet with fog/dew but no rain. Literally had to hit ball and then go down line to find ball. Lucky I do not hit it far but usually straight. Fog persisted through first seven holes then good sun. Adds a new challenge. Course was in really good shape. Winter grass has come in nicely on fairways. Greens were in great shape without dead spots or weeds and rolled true. Course was very uncrowded when I started around 9:30 and did get busier later, but I was in front of the crowd . Never caught up with anyone nor was I caught from behind. Judging from observations after round, do not feel pace of play was an issue even later in the day. Overall a beautiful course and, eventually, a beautiful day.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon. Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hi, Travis. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Santee National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 11/27/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Rob! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/25/2020

Commented on 11/23/2020

Thank you for the rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 11/17/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Santee, South Carolina