Santee National Golf Club possesses all of the charms of the Carolina Lowcountry but it is also nicely contrasted with highland terrain. The course sprawls across rolling hills covered with moss-draped live oaks that demand accuracy. Both the scenery and the challenges continue with pristine white sand bunkers that stand out against the lush greens. There are also five sparkling lakes throughout that come into play on several holes. The front nine is wide open but the course narrows as you move onto the back nine and it also becomes more wooded. It is a tough golf course but more forgiving than it seems. As the only Golf Digest 4-star rated course in the area, Santee National has a longstanding reputation with locals and it is also popular with visitors.

Santee National Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Greens Bermuda
Architect Porter Gibson

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

SLOWEST PLAY EVER

5 minute wait between every single shot, over 5 hours to play 18 holes. Many courses "overbook" and causes slow play, I suspect the same here. We have played here Mon-Thurs without delays.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great course, everything is well maintained minus cart paths

Just moved down from Illinois and I’ve played this course 3 times in the last week. The lay out is gorgeous, the entire playing course is in great shape. The only negative is the cart paths are terrible. Very broken up and bumpy. Besides that, greens are perfect, fairways are beautifully maintained, tee boxes are in good shape. Even the roughs are well maimed (still roughs though). I would recommend this course to anyone that asked. For a 27 dollar hot deal I will be coming back all the time.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the condition of the cart path. Your feedback is important to us, and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Amazing shape after two days of rain

This course is always in excellent shape, but I was extremely impressed with the course after two days of hard rain.. We were worried that we'd get rained out and showed up to the course 2 hours after the rain stopped. First green had minor standing water, and after that no issues. Of course the greens were slower, but very receptive!
We play Santee National whenever we come down for a week at the lake. Always great to play. A couple of the par threes are long for us older guys, but a lot of fun.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Santee National Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Excellent shape!

The course is in the best shape I’ve ever seen. Greens and fairways are absolutely perfect.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Commented on 08/20/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Rich. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Santee National Golf Club!

Very friendly staff

Loved the layout of this course. Very friendly and accommodating staff. I just wish there was a full bar and more food selection. Well worth the drive from Charleston.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Great find!

Scenic, well maintained course. Challenging, yet fair holes with greens and fairways well maintained.
We did not utilize amenities … not sure what was available. Play was light and we moved quickly.

Commented on 08/12/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Santee National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not a good value

I don’t understand how they can charge this much for a course that is mediocre at best. Shouldn’t be more than $25. The layout is decent but conditions are not really good. How this course has 4 1/2 stars is beyond me.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Santee National Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Not worth the $

For the price you pay to play here the Pro Shop staff was snobby, and the course was meh. Personally I think Lake Marion Golf Club is a better value for the area

Commented on 08/27/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Santee National Golf Club!

Excellent course. Very friendly staff. Course in great shape.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Good layout

Nice fun course. However the greens were being sanded just before I played. It was impossible to putt.

Commented on 07/19/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club.

Awesome day of golf with only one complaint

Enjoyed my round today at Santee National. Shot my best round ever! Course was immaculate, easy to get to, friendly staff. Will come back. However, my only complaint was the pace of play. It was almost as if groups of 4 were told NOT to let anyone play through. I wish the staff would have had a Marshall out to speed up slow groups. I walked most of the holes & still had to wait on slower players ahead. I don’t like to play stop & go golf. Otherwise, a great day. Loved the course!

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Santee National Golf Club thank you!

Hidden GEM

Awesome course, 1st time playing there will play again !

Punch the Greens Surprise

One request, GolfNow.com shares any special conditions ( aeriation, over seeding, planned maintenance etc) of the courses during the booking process.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hi, Rickie. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience. We will let GolfNow know of this and make sure they update the website next time. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Commented on 07/12/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Santee National Golf Club!

Greens punched day before play; nobody told me until I arrived at course.

Greens were punched the day before I played; nobody told me until I arrived at course. I view this as a failure by Golf Now, rather than the course. The course was in great shape otherwise, considering the relatively low cost. Sort of a minimalist layout, but fair and challenging. I don’t consider it a destination course, but I would return if in the area.

Commented on 07/01/2021

Hello, Jfitterjr and thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Fun course in great shape

The course is in great shape. The greens roll nicely. Not lightning fast, but on the speedier side, and very true. Not a ton of slope, but they keep you on your toes. The layout is fun. The front nine is pretty straightforward, while the back forces you to think a little more and position your golf ball if you want to score well. Worth the drive to Santee.

Commented on 06/28/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Santee National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

OK course

Course was OK but was hoping it would be better after reading reviews.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Santee, South Carolina
Santee, South Carolina
Summerton, South Carolina
Holly Hill, South Carolina
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
Manning, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodation Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Fazio, Hills and Jones Courses at Palmetto Dunes, and Country Club of Hilton Head.
SEA ISLAND, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Sea Island and 3 rounds at Sea Island Seaside, Plantation & Retreat Courses.