Santee National Golf Club possesses all of the charms of the Carolina Lowcountry but it is also nicely contrasted with highland terrain. The course sprawls across rolling hills covered with moss-draped live oaks that demand accuracy. Both the scenery and the challenges continue with pristine white sand bunkers that stand out against the lush greens. There are also five sparkling lakes throughout that come into play on several holes. The front nine is wide open but the course narrows as you move onto the back nine and it also becomes more wooded. It is a tough golf course but more forgiving than it seems. As the only Golf Digest 4-star rated course in the area, Santee National has a longstanding reputation with locals and it is also popular with visitors.

Santee National Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Greens Bermuda
Architect Porter Gibson

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Excellent course. Very friendly staff. Course in great shape.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Good layout

Nice fun course. However the greens were being sanded just before I played. It was impossible to putt.

Commented on 07/19/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club.

Awesome day of golf with only one complaint

Enjoyed my round today at Santee National. Shot my best round ever! Course was immaculate, easy to get to, friendly staff. Will come back. However, my only complaint was the pace of play. It was almost as if groups of 4 were told NOT to let anyone play through. I wish the staff would have had a Marshall out to speed up slow groups. I walked most of the holes & still had to wait on slower players ahead. I don’t like to play stop & go golf. Otherwise, a great day. Loved the course!

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Santee National Golf Club thank you!

Hidden GEM

Awesome course, 1st time playing there will play again !

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Punch the Greens Surprise

One request, GolfNow.com shares any special conditions ( aeriation, over seeding, planned maintenance etc) of the courses during the booking process.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hi, Rickie. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience. We will let GolfNow know of this and make sure they update the website next time. Thank you for playing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Commented on 07/12/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Santee National Golf Club!

Greens punched day before play; nobody told me until I arrived at course.

Greens were punched the day before I played; nobody told me until I arrived at course. I view this as a failure by Golf Now, rather than the course. The course was in great shape otherwise, considering the relatively low cost. Sort of a minimalist layout, but fair and challenging. I don’t consider it a destination course, but I would return if in the area.

Commented on 07/01/2021

Hello, Jfitterjr and thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Fun course in great shape

The course is in great shape. The greens roll nicely. Not lightning fast, but on the speedier side, and very true. Not a ton of slope, but they keep you on your toes. The layout is fun. The front nine is pretty straightforward, while the back forces you to think a little more and position your golf ball if you want to score well. Worth the drive to Santee.

Commented on 06/28/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Santee National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

OK course

Course was OK but was hoping it would be better after reading reviews.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Santee National Golf Club!

Love it!

Great course. Very forgiving with challenging areas. Front 9 and back 9 play like two different courses. Loved the course

Commented on 06/11/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Thank you for the 5 stars! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Santee

Arrive at course half early and check in was great. We loaded our clubs and teed of a bit early. Course moved along at a good speed. There were 5 holes cart path only due to the heavy rain the night before. I though the whole course would be cart path only but it drains well . Good faiways and excellent greens

Commented on 05/07/2021

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Santee National Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

This was my first time playing this course it was a very nice course and we had a lot of fun!!! I would recommend this course for sure....

Commented on 05/11/2021

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Excellent Course, Challenging greens

Here after a year. Still a great course to play and enjoy a visit to Charleston. Best course with great pace of play, people friendly and people get together to play, pro conditions.

Commented on 04/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Amestdian. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Santee National Golf Club thanks you!

Just like home

Nice course. Very similiar to the one we play back home. Bermuda grass but without the hills and valleys. Greens rolled nicely. Wife actually scored her best round here. We'll be back.

Commented on 04/02/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Rob! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Commented on 04/02/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club!

Afternoon Round

The course was in excellent shape,with some rolling terrain,Got around in 3.5 hours,even though it was our first time there.Very enjoyable

Commented on 04/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Commented on 03/17/2021

Hi, Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Santee National Golf Club.

Santee, South Carolina
4.2086411765
Santee, South Carolina
Summerton, South Carolina
Holly Hill, South Carolina
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
Manning, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodation Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Fazio, Hills and Jones Courses at Palmetto Dunes, and Country Club of Hilton Head.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Sea Pines Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Heron Point, Atlantic Dunes at Sea Pines Resort, Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National.