View from #10 on the Blue Monster

Trump National Doral Miami offers five 18-hole courses, but the Blue Monster is the most well known. Originally designed by Dick Wilson, the golf course has been updated throughout the years by different architects to keep the challenges current. The course calls for strategy as well as distance. The fairways are infamously long and the greens are undulating. There are several water hazards that come into play as well as bunkers and deep rough. The Blue Monster's signature hole is the 18th with its trademark fountain; it was named by GOLF Magazine on of the top 100 holes in the world.

Trump National Doral Miami - Blue Monster Course

Year Built 1962
Architect Dick Wilson (1962) Raymond Floyd Gil Hanse (2014)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2019 #22) (2017 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #18)

Playing Multiple Courses 7
Near the Airport 6

Not worth it

I’d like to first and foremost say that all the staff were wonderful, polite and did their job with the parameters set for them.
After paying $350 for the round plus mandatory caddie tip, it seems odd that they charge you $20 to park your car.
While the course has the name and prestige associated with it, there is no difference between that and many others courses within a few miles that charge a fraction of the price.
I could not believe that the food and beverage cart
My biggest complaint was that the food and beverage cart does not take cash ( for Covid reasons - but it’s okay if 300 people inside in the restaurant ) . If you offer a credit card in payment they write down all the info on a piece of paper and the transaction is processed at the end of the day. I cannot imagine how anyone thinks this is a secure method of paying for food and beverage while you are on the course.
Apparently The trump course hasn’t approved credit card readers or any of the other point of sale systems that exist in the market.
And good luck if you are a vegetarian. They have nothing except peanuts for you to eat…

Update Silver Fox course address

Please update the address for the Silver Fox course at Trump National Doral. Should be the same address as the Blue Monster.

Top notch course.

Best course in Miami. Impeccable conditions. Super friendly staff. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Blue Monster

Awesome course layout, but conditions didn’t live up to expectations for a Top 100 public track.

Difficult but Enjoyable

I approached my round with some trepidation after reading this site, specifically with respect to the parking and bag drop situation. Fortunately, these were not issues as valet parking took care of the car and delivered my clubs to the cart area. All I had to do was exit the car and walk downstairs to check in.

This is a long and difficult course with sand traps and water hazards everywhere. It is a tough but fair layout that was quite a joy to play. Conditions were hot but the course was in excellent shape, though the greens were a bit slower than you might expect.

A friend of mine had acquired passes for out foursome to play so I can't comment on the price. We did get an exceptional fore caddie (Juan) and tipped him well. Given the length of the rough, he found several balls that we were not likely to have been found.

After the round we had a fairly expensive and tasty lunch in the clubhouse,

If you ever get a chance to play the Blue Monster, take it. It is an experience I still think about fairly often.

Worth every penny

The greens were slow and probably recently air raided...you can still see the sand. Fairways were perfect and the rough was deadly thick. Great course and well kept.

Played 9 holes

Played 9 holes so there golf course refunded half my money. Called and spoke to a customer service rep that said he would call me back and give me my refund. No call. No refund. Not sure if I'll ever get it even though the golf course did it immediately. Not sure about doing business with gn anymore either

Worst resort experience ever on the Blue Monster

First I had to carry my clubs from the bag drop 100 yards to the starters area. Then told to walk over a get my own cart, then loaded my bag on the cart. Then told it was cart paths only ( 85 degrees, 100 percent humidity), so you had to walk 100 yards at least every time you hit your ball. By the 10 or 11 hole I was wiped out. There was large amounts of tree trimmings around several Of the tee boxes. The after completion of the round I had to carry my clubs back to the club drop, all this fun for $250. If I could talk to President Trump ( whom I love) I would say your fired.
The only redeeming moment at Trump National is when the sales lady in the Blue Monster shop tracked me down And returned a wad of cash I dropped in the shop Shout Out to you young lady!!!!

Upscale course with downscale services

I played the Golden Palm followed by the Blue Monster a couple of days later. Both courses are nice, the Golden Palm was a better value. Where the resort falls short is with their amenities. To be fair I was aware of this from reading previous reviews, but I will share my experience. First, there isn't a bag drop near the cart area and they charge $10 to park your car that requires a shuttle to the cart area with your bags (gratuity expected). The start was okay and with a very nice practice area. The real rub was after finishing the Blue Monster on the second day, we were expecting a shuttle from the cart area to the area where another shuttle takes you to the parking area. We were told we would have to carry our bags to the parking lot shuttle which was several hundred yards away. My playing partner commented that he was 70 and didn't want to carry his bag and accessories that far. The response was pretty much, sorry but you have to carry your bags (after the first round we did have someone shuttle us to the parking lot pick up point). Once we got to the parking lot pick up point, there was no shuttle. After waiting for 5+ minutes in the heat, we got frustrated and walked to the parking lot. Based on this experience, we will likely not be returning to play here again.

Pro-Greens

The course is great, greens are espetacular no, pro class.
My only vomment is to cut down a little bit the rough
I wush to play it again many times.

Fantastic

The course was in the best shape of any course I’ve ever played. The greens were perfect. Our forecaddie (required before 1 pm), Luis, was great. Pricey, of course, but worth it if you’re treating yourself.

Tough on seniors!

Very long holes from White tees. Traps come into play frequently. Really tired out at the end!. Love the layout and conditions were excellent. Greens are so fast it's hard to put from above the hole.

$50 generic Florida Golf Course

Lived in Florida my whole life, was very excited to play the legendary Blue Monster, will never play again. This course is VERY over priced and over hyped. It was in the condition of any other $50 Florida golf course and there was nothing special.

March is prime time golf in Florida and Doral was tight wet lies in the fairway, sanded punched greens, and nothing out of the ordinary for landscaping. Absolutely crazy they get the kind of money for this course. Spend your money else where.

Florida Advisor

Fantastic design for flat terrain

The Blue Monster offers a fantastic layout for flat terrain. The holes feature many hazards, either lakes or sand traps (I was in 9 bunkers). However the bunkers are firm and very fair for hitting to the green. The course has several tee options - my playing partner tried the black tees and he commented on the long par 3s. From a few tees up tees the course still is on the long side but playable. The greens were rolling true and fast despite being sanded. The fairways were perfect, the best I've encountered in Florida in a while. The only complaint was the parking and club drop off. Despite very expensive green fees the parking lot attendant charged us $10 to self park, that seems like overt greed considering the green fees. And then the parking lot was a long hike to the golf pro shop and the shuttle bus was non-existent. Despite wind and rain which made the course tough, we enjoyed the round. Even though it is great course the value for $ was not there. Streamsong, Copperhead or other Florida courses offer better value.

Miami Springs, Florida
Miami Lakes, Florida
Miami, Florida
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodations in a Deluxe Guest Room at Trump National Doral and 1 rounds of golf at Red Tiger, Golden Palm, Silver Fox or Blue Monster.
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at The Biltmore Hotel and 1 round of golf at The Biltmore Golf Course.
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.