Style Traditional

The Golden Palm Course (formerly known as Gold Course) is one of five 18-hole courses at the Trump National Doral Miami. The courses offer a variety of golfing options to accommodate players of any skill level. The Golden Palm Course has a traditional Floridian layout that features subtly contoured greens and narrow fairways that are lined with trees. There is also strategic bunkering throughout as well as water hazards that come into play on 16 of the 18 holes. The golf course has a notable finishing hole that has an island green. In addition to the five courses, Trump National Doral Miami is also home to a noted golf school.

Trump National Doral Golf Club - Gold Course

Year Built 1967

Caddies Yes

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2020 #29)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2019 #22) (2018 #13) (2017 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2018 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2017 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #18)

Worth every penny

Whether you have a great game a ok game or a crappy game this place is beautiful.. the courses are kept in great shape the greens are very challenging. The staff is very friendly all around.
You will love it

Great Experience

Everything was top drawer. Clearly, one of the best designed and conditioned courses in SoFlo. Lots of maintenance visible which is a great sign. Greens tricky and a good speed for amateurs. Some very memorable holes

Missouri Advisor

Complete Disappointment. Total Lack of Service Culture.

I was looking so forward to playing at Doral and left so, so, so disappointed!

I had a couple days in the Miami area and picked the Doral Golden Palm course because of the outstanding reviews on Golf Advisor. The words used a lot were “stunning” and “immaculate”.

What we experienced was nothing like the reviews we read. This resort had a zero-service culture, and the course was nowhere near stunning and immaculate. Even the owner of this resort (Trump), would be saying these reviews were fake news.

I knew something was up. There were no golfers there and there was no attention to service at this resort.

We first arrived at the security gate and they instruct us to drive to the roundabout. We are greeted by an attendant. Instead of saying “Welcome to Doral”, he says “that will be $10 for parking.” Really? Pay for parking when you golf? Never heard of such a thing. He was not going to say anything, but he casually says you can drop your clubs off at the bag drop and then come back and park.

When we arrive at the bag drop, there are no stands to put your bags. No attendant either. All there is – is an arrow pointing you to the pro shop. We then carry our bags 100 yards to the pro shop. Again, no stands to place your clubs. The pro shop person was not overly friendly either. He says you need to carry your bags over to where the carts are. Another 50+ yards. There were also no restrooms in the pro shop either. You had to walk another 100 yards in the main dining area to go to the restroom.

Just think about this lack of service. If the attendant would not have told us about the bag drop, we would have had to carry our bags nearly 500 yards to our carts! Unbelievable!

The starter is bragging how busy they were the day before. There was nobody playing today. He said the greens have been double cut and double rolled. Really? We are not on the PGA Tour. This is not what you want for your weekend golfer.

Previous reviews said the course was in “immaculate condition”. Not even close. The fairways were greenish/brown. They did no overseed properly. We played Jacaranda West in Plantation, FL, two days earlier and their fairways were green. The greens were rock hard and way too fast for the average golfer. It was like putting on your kitchen table. Scared to death to putt because the greens were so fast. If you were above the hole, it was impossible to stop the ball near the hole.

Previous reviews stated the course was stunning. It did have a lot of water and bunkers. Not sure I would say that makes a course stunning. It was flat like any other Florida course and had a lot of hidden water you could not see.

The carts did have GPS. At one time, I was in the middle of the fairway about 80 yards out. The GPS said I was in a restricted area. Completely stopped my cart and told me to back up. If I backed up, I would have ended up in a bunker. Very frustrating. Another thing, the GPS had advertisements screens on every hole. That got old quickly.

After the round, we went to the bar in the main dining area. We got three Maker’s Mark whiskeys and a lemonade. The cost $58. Really? They were not strong pours either. Each shot measured exactly!

Great day on Trump's Doral Gold Course

Enjoyed the play on the gold course with a golf buddy from Miami. Course was in very good condition for January play. Great opportunity to use one of my GolfNow coupons for free play.

Beautiful course

We loved this course better than Silver Fox, much mire beautiful

Worst experience in 35 years

From the self park fiasco to bag drop to line up to check in at pro shop to kaos at putting bags on carts if u could find one . Our luck we arrived just in time for a kids to teens tournament occupying all the coarse , 12:20 tee time we got 3 holes in in 1:14 minutes a complete and utter disaster. I reluctantly book it and regret every second , I’ll never return as I gave diesel a a second chance from a few years ago dissatisfied experience. $360 for my guest and I down the drain, it will be the lat penny Trump golf ever sees from me or my family or my friends . A $10 muni couldn’t have been worse . If there was less than 1 star on the ratings I’d be happy to -6

Pleasant Experience

A little disappointed there were no Rangers on the Course . I was in a twosome sandwiched around 4somes. Conditions were excellent and I will say it was covid related but I should not have had to load my own bag as well as not being able to have somebody put it back in the car or let me take the golf cart to the parking lot. Other than a ten dollar fee for parking which I would rather they just build into the golf fees.

Never disappoints

This is the second time I've played at Golden Palm. It was equally challenging as the first time, but also equally rewarding. Errant approach shots will punish you with greenside bunkers. The course was in absolute immaculate condition. If you're in South Florida, and love golf you have to play any of the course at Doral Trump. Each track offers a different challenge.

Target Golf

Lots of water requires accurate tee shots. Only disappointment was lack of amenities. Greens were smooth and true. Traps need quite a bit of work due to flooding. Overall a very nice track.

Just immaculately kept and maintained. Loved my Hot Deal time for Golden Palm! Wish Golfnow would do a Hot Deal for the Blue Monster!

Miami Springs, Florida