Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007) Jackson Kahn Design (2013)

Golf Simulator Yes

Beverage Carts

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 36

Poor value

Great course design but conditions did not warrant the price charged

I had my first hole in one on hole 9, this is the biggest gem of a course in all of California

Great course, slow pace

Very fun golf course in good condition. A few pins were in dicey locations bordering on unfair as there was no safe option for your approach shot. Greens rolled well and were fast. Only real complaint was the abysmal pace of play. Our round took 5 hours. The cart said we were about 30 minutes behind pace for most of the round. The group behind us was on our tee box with us waiting for 5 holes or so. No marshal working back from the clubhouse telling groups to speed up.

Poor Golf Shop Management

I booked as a single, 3 other players also booked the same tee time, so I was part of a 4-some, great. The golf shop allowed 2 players in the 4-some go out as a 2-some and the 4th players was a no show. So I was pushed back a tee time put out as a single behind the 2-some. Made for a very long round.

Commented on 01/09/2021

Dear u4042481,

I want to thank you for recommending Rams Hill but and disappointed in the 3 star rating and am sorry to hear about your experience with our pro shop and Starter. I'm sorry it's taken me a couple of days to respond, but I wanted to fully investigate your experience in order to better instruct our staff. What I did find was that the twosome that you were originally paired with requested to the Starter that they be allowed to go out as two. Because of COVID concerns we always honor those request. It's unfortunate that you had to play as a single because I know it can seem like a very long day, playing behind other groups. Using our GPS tracking and cart monitoring I was able to verify that your round was played in 4hrs and 18 minutes and that as a single player it likely did feel like a much longer round than that. I hope to see you again soon and Rams Hill and we will work hard to make your next visit a better one. Sincerely, Harry Turner GM/COO Rams Hill

Rams Hill

Rams Hill is truly a hidden gem tucked away in Borrego Springs. If you are a SoCal golfer and you haven't checked Rams Hill off your bucket list you are missing out!

Course was in fantastic shape. Greens were running quick and firm. Course is challenging, but there are opportunities to score.

Excited to book my next round at Rams Hill!

Friendly course

We chose to make a longer drive to find this course. 90 minute drive from Palm Springs, and we enjoyed our round, but would probably not make the drive again. Was expensive and the course was not in great shape. Very friendly staff and we were paired up with some members who were extremely nice and made our round a pleasure.

Commented on 12/17/2020

ErikaGibbs10 I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and am very sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Rams Hill has always prided itself on pristine conditions and have won many awards because of them. In 386 reviews through Golf Advisor, we average 4.8 Stars and conditioning has always been a major factor in those ratings. Just prior to opening in mid-October as a result of the unseasonably hot weather, Rams Hill was attacked by a fungus called Grey Leaf Spot and we have not yet recovered. With the work we are doing and will continue to do, we anticipate being back in our typical pristine condition in January. With our long track record I would hope that you would give us another chance and visit again after the first of the year. I look forward to seeing you again. Harry Turner GM/COO RamsHill

California Advisor

Rams Hill

Rode the Blues (6369/71.2/131) with John and Tim in the GK Plays in around 4.5H. Good POP for a Sunday afternoon event. Overcast and fairly calm in the 60's made for nice December playing conditions. Carts all lined up and ready with everyone's name on them pre event, complimentary range balls, and sandwiches/cookies/drinks all ready after the round. Don't see how under COVID rules things could have been improved upon. Thanks to John and everyone responsible for an extremely well run event.

Tom Fazio design, really enjoy the course layout. Good collection of diverse, fun to play holes. Elevation changes, 97 well placed traps and a decent amount of water. The course is fair, not overly tight and an excellent test of golf.

Tees were lush and well maintained. Large, level with few divots.

Fairways were semi lush and well maintained. Some thinner areas but very good overall.

Rough was lush. Thick and long enough to make longer clubs a risky play. Get outside the maintained rough and the native rough is a likely lost ball.

Sand traps were nicely maintained with thick, good quality sand. For a public course in a windy area with close to 100 traps total, hard to imagine any course having daily fee players doing any better.

Greens were firm, smooth, medium fast and rolled well. Lots of ball marks fellow players with a few bare areas along the extremities that did not really affect play.

The customer service has always been exceptional here. No on course services today due to COVID, restaurant take out only. Good GPS on the carts. The setup of the all grass driving range with the complementary Pro-V range balls is top notch. Numerous grass greens set up as targets in 25-30 yard increments so you could hit almost any club and feel like you were hitting into a green. Definitely recommended.

Worth the trip!

You will not be disappointed when you make the trek to Rams Hill, unless you were expecting to see Bighorn Sheep on the course. The ride into the clubhouse was scenic, and the starter was friendly and let us know about all the amenities(golf and otherwise). The staff in the Clubhouse was also friendly, and the structure itself is very nice! If only we could have had a bite after the round while overlooking the course(Covid restrictions). The course is fair, fun, and the greens are challenging as well. I was very good at leaving myself in the wrong place early in the round which made for some very tough up and downs. Tee boxes are great, greens are great, and within a couple weeks the over seed will grow in very nice in the fairways I'm sure. If this course was in a more populated area, we would not have played it as the price point would have been $40-75 higher. Take the time and go play here, and enjoy the time away from the rest of the World.

Rams Hill a Gem!

Played in the first annual Ramateur tournament, and couldn’t have been more impressed with the course. We also stayed at a condo on-site and Will Mayo took amazing care of us for our round and stay.
Can’t wait to come back for my next boys trip!!

Best Golf Experience In Socal

Wow! You will not be disappointed with Rams hill. From an incredibly scenic drive in to welcoming staff to a fantastic property, Rams Hill is a must play

Absolutely worth playing for anyone in Southern California, put simply you will not find a golf experience that is comparable

Rams - thanks so much for the hospitality and I cannot wait to get back soon!

Heaven on earth

There is no bigger treat than putting together a group and heading to Rams Hill. Not only is the course magnificent, the staff and all the amenities are first class. Wil Mayo Has single-handedly made southern California golfers no and respect the value of Ramsell. I can’t wait to get the boys together and have a golf weekend in their mini mansion. Five stars all the way around

Fun course in Anza Borrego desert

Rams Hill is an entertaining strategic course to play with wide fairways, attractive bunkers and good quality greens. The course condition was mainly good, with roughly half the fairways still recovering from the summer heat. There are numerous deep and picturesque bunkers that require good decisions off the tee. The greens rolled nice. Overall I had an enjoyable round and will likely return.

Warner Springs, California