Type Semi-Private/Resort
Rams Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1983) Tom Fazio (2007) Dennis Wise (2007) Jackson Kahn Design (2013)

Golf Simulator Yes

Beverage Carts

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 37

You’ll want to check the box on this track. We’ll worth the drive.

Bottom line - play this course.

5 star all the way. Great golf course, no two holes felt the same. Excellent condition, friendly staff. A must play.

Love Rams Hill!!!

Cart path only for another couple of weeks and greens were a bit slow as course continues to come in from the overseeding. Beautiful views, course layout and amenities! Will definitely be back!

Phenomenal

What a great course!! Highly recommend playing here… Course was in great shape and staff was very friendly as well as helpful.

Oasis or Mirage?

The course itself is fantastic with a great layout, prefect condition, and worth the $$$. Here’s a summary of my visit: my son and I drove out from Oceanside. We were greeted nicely and there were at least 5 workers in matching tee shirts waiting to take our clubs and get our cart. The projected image was one of competence, and impeccable “country club” service. We played as a twosome and teed off at 2 PM, knowing it would be a squeeze to play all 18 holes before it got too dark.

At the sixth tee, reality soon came “to the fore”. Up to then, we were moving along at a good pace. But then we were stopped dead by a group of four in front of us and another foursome in front of them. After a long delay, we called the pro shop and described the situation. Response: “we will send a marshal out right away”. We never saw one. By the ninth hole, we knew this would be an insane, frustrating situation. We drove back to the clubhouse and complained. The manager said there was a group of twelve whose name reminded me of the infamous Younger Gang from Old West lore. This turned out to be a fairly accurate description. The manager advised us to replay the front nine again.

We teed off again on #1 and were too upset to play the same holes. So we drove back to #10 and by then the group of 12 (three foursomes) had moved on. So we had a perfect time playing another great 4 holes until we ran into them again. Torture! They were taking their sweet time hitting balls all over the desert and drinking. We drove up and asked to play through. We could see and smell the booze while they were looking in the desert for their balls. But there was no way to play through because there was no opening in front of them.

So back we went to #14. Luckily, no one was close behind us because they were replaying holes. When we got to #16 (a par three), we could see six of them on the green with one golf cart maybe two feet off the very front edge of the green, while laughing, cavorting, drinking, etc. They were oblivious to us and clearly acted like they owned the course and the heck with anyone else. I fantasized then that my golf club was a rifle equipped with a silencer and a scope! My expensive golf round was over! When the yahoos finally cleared the green, there was enough daylight left for my son to play the hole. Then we drove slowly along 17 and 18 to see the terrific holes we missed.

When we got back to the club house, the 12 yahoos (25-40 in age) in the Younger Gang were in the bar, naturally. We talked to the nice workers who cleaned our clubs and they agreed with our obvious description of the group and said they were also playing the next day.

So here’s my final word: There are plenty of nice workers who greet you warmly. Maybe too many! But there are NO marshals! Chaos reigns when management chases the $$$ instead of creating a truly classy experience. The group of 12 clearly paid much more that the two of us ($230 total) which is a lot. So if you decide to play Rams Hill, be aware that the course management caters to the nouveau riche: those young, obnoxious yahoos who are self-centered and act as if they own the place. The initial image hides the truth: this a fake oasis in the desert only because of chaos in management, which is a shame because the course itself is terrific. But one I sure will not replay!

Rams Hill - oasis or mirage

So back we went to #14. Luckily, no one was close behind us because they were replaying holes. When we got to #16 (a par three), we could see six of them on the green with one golf cart maybe two feet off the very front edge of the green, while laughing, cavorting, drinking, etc. They were oblivious to us and clearly acted like they owned the course and the heck with anyone else. I fantasized then that my golf club was a rifle equipped with a silencer and a scope! My expensive golf was done then. When the yahoos finally cleared the green, there was enough daylight left for my son to play the hole. Then we drove slowly along 17 and 18 to see the terrific holes we missed.
So here’s my final word: There are plenty of nice workers who greet you warmly. Maybe too many! But there are NO marshals! Chaos reigns when management chases the $$$ instead of creating a truly classy experience. The group of 12 clearly paid much more that the two of us ($230 total) which is a lot. So if you decide to play Rams Hill, be aware that the course management caters to rich, young, obnoxious yahoos who are self-centered and act as if they own the place. The initial image is a fake oasis in the desert, which is a shame because the course itself is terrific. But one I sure will not replay!

Old Tennis Pro

Always fun to come here from Palm Desert. Never been disappointed.

THE CLASH

Just have to say THE CLASH tournament was great. The Staff was excelent went above and beyond making the weekend a great trip.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Played The Clash tournament and it was great.The staff was outstanding helping everyone out above and beyond. Would highly recommend playing here and playing The Clash next year . Also recommend play the Ram tournament in December.......

Always Great

Challenging, fair, no 2 holes look the same.. From the gal that greeted us at entrance, cart guys, starter, cart girl, guys in the shop and our waitress all made us feel like they were genuinely glad we were there.

My first time at Ram's Hill

I have been looking forward to playing this course for a while. We got some time off during the week and found a good rate...so I couldn't wait to play.

.I knew about the fairway fungus, but the course was way too wet for a mid morning round. The fairways and tee boxes were soggy. We had to navigate around bare patches and wet ground on most fairways. I prefer to play the ball as it lies, but it wasn't really possible with the conditions on the course.

The staff we encountered were friendly and the course layout was excellent. I only wished the course was in better condition.

Taco shack was not available even though we were told that it was :( The cookie lived up to its reputation though.

I've heard a lot of great things about the course, but it really didn't live up to expectations. It might be because we played during the week or because they are getting ready to close for the season?

I'm sure they are hoping for better conditions next season...so am I.

Big greens with lots of breaks

Great layout. The big greens are its defense. Not so many houses around yet, so you can still get away with some miss hits! Great Friendly staff all day! Worth he drive from San Diego on occasion.

The greens were not as fast as usual . Some of the greens were spray painted, many brown areas on he fairway. Still a nice place to play, but this was the worst I’ve seen here ever.

Warner Springs, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.