Lonnie Poole Golf Course

Year Built 2009
Architect Arnold Palmer (2009)

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, cut off shorts, bathing suits or tank tops may be worn while using the golf facilities. A collared shirt must be worn at all times.

Dinner 15
Plays Long 31
Entertaining Clients 21
On a College Campus 39
Near the Airport 17

Greens are Spongy/Beat up

Poole is a blast to play....I usually avoid it mid-June thru mid-Sept. The bent grass greens just can't handle the Raleigh heat.....they get overwatered and very few people fix their ball marks. The rest of the course is in great condition. Wish they would go to Bermuda greens!

Commented on 09/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 09/20/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/17/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience! Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University thanks you!

Commented on 09/13/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/13/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Greens leave a bit to be desired

After getting many suggestions and reading many reviews about LPGC, I decided to make the trek for it. The course has an incredible layout that gives you amazing views of the city from a few spots on the course. The course overall was in great shape. However, the greens were not. Another case of golfers not fixing their marks and ruining it for everyone else. I imagine the maintenance staff is also frustrated by this, because otherwise, I can tell they do a good job keeping the course in good shape. I am sure once fall comes, and the ground gets a little harder, they will roll better. But My group had a tough time with the craters on most of the greens. Other than that, the carts were awesome (with GPS too) and there are water fountains on the course. I’ll definitely be back

Commented on 09/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as ball mark repairs on the green. This is definitely an emphasis here at LPGC and we have maintenance days where volunteers go out and fix divots, but it takes every individual golfer leaving the course better than they found it as you know. We all have to do our part to continue educating other golfers on proper course etiquette. Thank you for playing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Did not meet my expectations.

This was my first time playing Lonnie Poole, so I had pretty high expectations. I expected it to be challenging, and it was. I expected that there would be a drink cart making the rounds, especially on a day when the real feel was 99 degrees. There was no drink cart. I expected that we could get a bite to eat and a cold beverage at the turn, which was right around dinner time. The cafe was closed. So on a very hot day (pretty easy to predict, right?), there was no drink cart, no cafe at the turn and water on the course was few and far between.
So I mentioned the course was challenging and that's ok because I don't mind challenging. However, the course designer was trying to be too cute by half with all the backtracking that was needed to get to the next tee or the greens. There is no way one could walk this course with the amount of back and forth between holes that was required. The course itself was in good shape. The pace of play was really slow. All in all, I would have to say I do not recommend this course for the money, Spend your money to golf twice at a course that more highly values its customers.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about water on the course is important to us. We work to best provide our guests with refreshments and this day sounds like an anomaly. We do not allow outside alcoholic beverages, but you are welcome to bring your own bottled water, Gatorade, or another refreshment as long as it is alcohol-free. We are glad to see you rated everything else to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Punched greens but good shape.

As always, beautiful course. Greens punched, no sand thrown on them strangely. Was wet. Great course. Good condition

Commented on 08/23/2021

Thank you for your review, u181876889. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University!

Commented on 08/23/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University!

Commented on 08/13/2021

We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 08/13/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University thanks you!

AWESOME

the only thing we didn’t see was a beverage cart, but could have had something to do the the weather. overall a fantastic course!!!

Commented on 08/13/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University thanks you!

Commented on 08/11/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Cary, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
4.1991
Cary, North Carolina
Apex, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.