Lonnie Poole Golf Course

Year Built 2009
Architect Arnold Palmer (2009)

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, cut off shorts, bathing suits or tank tops may be worn while using the golf facilities. A collared shirt must be worn at all times.

Dinner 15
Plays Long 31
Entertaining Clients 21
On a College Campus 39
Near the Airport 17

Commented on 01/10/2022

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. Please visit us again soon!

Stellar as usual.

Have been playing Lonnie Poole since it opened and enjoy it more it time I tee it up there.
Constantly eveolvong wioth tee box and hole placements make it more fun. Love the topography and the skyline views of Raleigh as well. I always meet and paired up with nice folks as well.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. We hope to see you again soon!

Great conditions; slow greens.

I always enjoy the course conditions and am still satisfied with the conditions during the winter months to play consistently in the colder weather. Greens were slow this round compared to a past round in November where the greens were very fast.

Highly recommend playing this course!

Commented on 12/23/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University!

Very challenging, but interesting

I have played this very often and got over ninty scores usually. Anold parmer showed his ability to design golf courses very hard. I will try breaking my best score at this course continuously.

Commented on 12/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 12/10/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. Please visit us again soon!

Perfect day to play golf

The course is challenging, especially bunkers before greens. I had fun to overcome the challenging conditions with friends under blue sky.

Commented on 12/10/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon for a 5-star round! Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 12/03/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University thanks you!

Commented on 11/18/2021

Must Play Here Again

I've played dozens of courses this year in several states and I look forward most to coming back to this course.
From the moment I arrived, everyone who works there was extremely polite friendly and helpful. The range and putting green were easily accessible and in good shape. The course was in excellent shape, the tee boxes were not beaten up, the fairways were in good shape, the rough wasn't easy to get out of but it wasn't impossible. The greens were challenging, I HIGHLY recommend taking a moment and looking at your putt from every angle because several were deceiving from only one angle.

Commented on 11/22/2021

Thank you for your kind review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

One request

I love Lonnie Poole, but have one request: Please cut in a flat strip to walk up the 18th hole between the fairway and the green / apron. Walking along that sideways slanted hill is tough a the end of the round!

Commented on 11/08/2021

Good time

Course was in decent shape for this time of year. Just wish I’d have played better. lol

Commented on 11/04/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 11/09/2021

Great course!

Beautiful and challenging course, terrific conditions, and excellent staff.

Commented on 11/02/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great afternoon of golf

Loved the course; very interesting holes and elevation changes. Bent grass greens were great even though they had been lightly sanded -- rolled nicely and were quick. Pace of play was so-so; 4:05. Fairways were beautiful and the course didn't seem wet even though there had been heavy rain a few nights before. Traps were in good condition. I walked and carried the course and while a challenging walk, I didn't consider it to be at all undoable (and I'm 65)j.

Commented on 10/22/2021

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for a 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Great course condition very windy

It was too bad the wind was blowing. The course was in tournament condition. Greens were fast. It was hard to judge the distances with the wind.

Commented on 10/22/2021

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Commented on 10/22/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We look forward to having you back Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State University!

Cary, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina
Apex, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.