Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Edgewater Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Bar, Snacks

Don't tell anyone...

It's a secret how nice of a course this is - even after days of rain- nothing soggy, greens firm and in great shape. Had the group in front of us tee off 1/2 hour before us and none pushing from behind! It was like having our own private course- we did have to share with the wild turkeys though.

It's a haul to get to but worth it!

df19dd06-059c-5de7-a5d4-31ca5d96242f
Commented on 09/08/2016

u000006645848 - Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time! Come back and see us again soon!

Always a Good Time

But not necessarily a good round. Alright. It’s not the course’s fault. It must be my clubs. Staff is delightful.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Nice course!

Very nice course and well maintained. The greens had just been serviced and sanded…so they were not in great shape. Once they fill in…they will be tough to manage. Overall, great layout with some challenging holes and shots to make.

Commented on 10/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Edgewater Golf Club.

They just aired the greens which was not made aware to me. You should charge less along with notifying your customer when you do this. My only day off and I played in the rain which sucks but combine that with holes in the greens along with beach sand sticking to the ball… not worth almost 50 on a weekday.

Commented on 10/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Edgewater Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Commented on 10/11/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Edgewater Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice course for the price

Greens were recently aerated but other than that it was a fast, enjoyable round.

Commented on 10/11/2021

Tough, fair and fun

The course was fantastic great shape and a lot of fun

Commented on 10/05/2021

Too Good to Pass Up

Although it takes the better part of an hour to get there from my home, the course quality and reasonable price make a round at Edgewater too hard to pass up. The course is always in great shape and as demonstrated during a round a couple weeks back, the drainage is amazing. Add in a set of teams for ever level golfer, and it's hard to beat. Helicopter service is the only improvement I can think of.

Commented on 10/04/2021

Good greens and layout, worth the trip

I get down here a couple of times per year. They have good greens (still bent grass I think) and a good layout. Wish I lived closer to play more often.

Commented on 09/29/2021

Commented on 09/28/2021

Commented on 09/27/2021

Best course out there

One of the nicest courses I have played for any price. Great shape and amazing layout. Price is unreal. Not one complaint.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Amazing Course

We’re so glad we chose this course on our road trip stopping in every state to play round. The staff was absolutely amazing! The course was in great condition and love the layout. I definitely will be back on my next road trip and I highly recommend you choose to play here as well.
To the amazingly wonderful staff, Thank you for an amazing experience, y’all were amazing!!

Commented on 09/20/2021

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Edgewater Golf Club.

Got really back up on the back nine. And kinda odd there is no bev cart and you have to go pretty far to get drinks or food at the turn. Otherwise great course. They are starting to lose a few greens.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Edgewater Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I play all over the charlotte area, usually no more than an hour away from Matthew’s.. I play this course about 5x’s per year. For the money, scenery, greens, course conditions you really can’t name many public course that match it. Every bit worth the drive.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Edgewater Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Always a Good Time at Edgewater

I played well so of course the course is wonderful! In great shape and the staff is amazing. Especially Dave, the starter. The ball machine was having issues and he was a huge help.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Edgewater Golf Club.

Great Falls, South Carolina
Lancaster, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Chester, South Carolina
Kershaw, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Winnsboro, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.