Edgewater Golf Club in Lancaster, South Carolina, USA | GolfPass

Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Edgewater Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Bar, Snacks

Best in South Carolina

Best in South Carolina
What a spectacular course, cut in the woods surrounded by water. Very thoughtful and well laid out.

Response from on 02/22/2017:
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

Great golf course - must try in the CLT region

Once you find the course - what an absolute pleasure to play. Fairway width can be forgiving, yet the golf course challenges you in many other ways. Water plays a role on some of the golf course - the course is well bunkered - and most greens are elevated. The greens are showing amount of play - and not many people fixing their ball marks. The greens seemed a little "shaggy" (not unnormal - in the heat of August). All in all - well worth the drive. I'll certainly be returning.

Commented on 08/10/2022

Hello, tmcculla. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Edgewater Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/09/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Michael9719067. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Maintance in the way

On the front nine one of the mowers would not stop and let us play. On the back nine we had to skip 4 hole because the greens were being watered.

Commented on 08/09/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u9931179. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Edgewater Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

California Guest With Me

My Southern California Guest rated Edgewater as good as very pricey SoCal courses!

Commented on 08/09/2022

ArthurLightbody, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Extremely nice course

Was an hour drive for me from Monroe. Well worth the trip. Best course I’ve played this year.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, stanleyalexander. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Edgewater Golf Club thanks you!

Diamond in the rough

Edgewater is a well kept secret. The course is in excellent shape. Throughly enjoyed my round. I'll definitely play again. Great price to boot.

Commented on 08/05/2022

Shootdaj, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Edgewater

Love the course. Entire course is always in good shape.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Hi, u314159426029. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u248921773! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, RG3117579DFE2C96778A! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Great Time

Played a few months back and the experience was not up to par BUT this trip was excellent! Course is pretty much always in great shape, played in a little less than 4 hours and the pro shop was much friendlier this time around. No issues and I will be back soon!

Commented on 07/28/2022

Hi, Golfer6489. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Edgewater Golf Club!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hi, mazblufan. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Edgewater Golf Club!

Commented on 07/26/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Bhinton3150! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Commented on 07/27/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314163083486! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Commented on 07/26/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, henryfair1! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Commented on 07/13/2022

Hi, u314163039288. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Edgewater Golf Club.

Great layout, worth the drive

Always enjoy this course w good greens and a great layout. Not very busy during the week. Only knock this day was the lack of drinking water on the back nine. The clubhouse is minimal,; range is good. Wish I lived closer to play often.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Hello, ncgolfer03. Thank you for visiting us at Edgewater Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314163017143! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

There was no ice at the turn..bought beer and it was semi warm..luckliy i had a cooler with ice that i had to take my waters out so i could met the beer chill for a few holes.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Thank you for your review, brazelld30. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Edgewater Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

As usual!

Edgewater never lets me down! It’s over an hour from my house. I happily drive RIGHT BY 20+ perfectly fine courses on my way to what is always excellent golf. Clean and tidy fairways and greens blanket a gorgeous course layout that challenges all levels of golfer. If someone asks me about golf in my area this is the first place I bring up for praise. Amenities for practice are excellent. Food is the only area they could improve and even that ain’t bad at all.

Commented on 07/05/2022

PBoyd79, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

In great shape!

Fairways and greens were in fantastic shape when we played on June 29. I love the course layout as well. If I had any constructive criticism, it would be about other players and not the course itself. Please fix your pitch marks! The course was busy when I played but it doesn't take much time to repair a pitch mark or three. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my round.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Hello, Timmyterrific. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Edgewater Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Great Falls, South Carolina
Lancaster, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Chester, South Carolina
Kershaw, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Winnsboro, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.