Type Private
Lake Chesdin Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Barton Tuck (1999) Ault, Clark & Associates (1999)

Carts Yes - $25

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Swimming

Fitness, Tennis

Greens were terrible

My son and I play this course a lot due to the layout and pace of play. I am deeply saddened with the damage to the greens. The price is high to play there but usually it’s more than worth it but this time, tee boxes were hard as a brick as well. We played Meadowbrook CC, and the members there take care of not only ball marks on the greens but the fairways as well. It made Chesdin look like First tee.

Commented on 09/28/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Your feedback helps us do better. Thank you for visiting Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Good course

A little pricier and out of the way than other Richmond courses, but way better condition than other public courses. Golf cart was slow, but pace of play was phenomenal on a Sunday afternoon. I would recommend this course if you are willing to make the drive.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Lake Chesdin Golf Club

My UPS driver kept telling me to play.
He was right. Not hilly. Straight forward layout out.
Just right amount of water. Greens could be more challenging. I still didn't get any one putts!
Play it if you can.
Rich in Richmond Virginia.

Commented on 08/29/2022

Thanks for the great review and for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Rough rough

Loose your ball 1 ft off the fairway in the super long rough. Greens very long and covered in sand and pebbles. Had us start on 10 for some reason. 2 old guys insisted we(4 some) tee off infront of them and then hit into us for 18 holes and refused to get back infront of us.

Commented on 08/29/2022

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Commented on 08/18/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Worth the drive

If you want a course that's easy to get on and is in good condition, Lake Chesdin is worth the drive. I didn't see another soul playing until I hit the 11th hole. I did end up getting stuck behind a foursome the last four holes which slowed things down. Enjoyed the layout. Course is pretty short, some shots over water, greens are on the smaller side. Everything in good shape.

Commented on 08/15/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club!

Decent

Course in good shape. $174 for two a little pricey. Restaurant closed and very limited drinks/snacks on cart girl and in pro shop. Greens nice but pretty slow. Pace of play was fantastic. Seemed like only ones out there

Commented on 08/03/2022

Great day

Course was slow, pace was fast, nice not to be rushed during a round. Water was spaced between holes well and was cold and plentiful. Greens were slow but course was in great shape, love playing here

Commented on 07/25/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Great place to play

I consider this a local course for me. Other than the bunkers, it's in great shape. I didn't have any shots in the bunkers but they look like they were either in process of work or need to be. Greens rolled very well. Fairways were hard due to the lack of rain but this isn't a complaint. Tee boxes were not wore out. Rough was manageable at worst but generally very playable. Two of us played in 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Commented on 07/25/2022

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Commented on 07/19/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Lake Chesdin Golf Club!

Commented on 07/25/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Lake Chesdin Golf Club!

Commented on 07/21/2022

Great course, nice getaway

Great course tucked away from the busier part of Chesterfield. Typically a membership course, glad I could get the opportunity to play thanks to their partnership with GolfNow.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thanks so much for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Commented on 07/15/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club!

Tee times

Course was in nice condition. Enjoy playing there as it was my second time out on that course. Unfortunately, on Sunday AM there was no starter so there was 4 group backup. By hole 5-6 pace of play speed up. Seems like they book tee times 8 minutes apart resulting in backups when groups go off.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and for the 4 stars! We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. We will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope to see you again soon at Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Challenging course, great condition. Had a great time!

Commented on 07/06/2022

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Lake Chesdin Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 07/06/2022

Commented on 07/05/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/30/2022

Chesterfield, Virginia
Chesterfield, Virginia
Moseley, Virginia
Petersburg, Virginia
Petersburg, Virginia
Midlothian, Virginia
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.