Type Private
Lake Chesdin Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Barton Tuck (1999) Ault, Clark & Associates (1999)

Carts Yes - $25

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Swimming

Fitness, Tennis

very good but work to be done.

I really enjoy playing Lake Chesdin. Challenging but fair shots, elevation changes, sloping greens, varying rough. Pace was a bit slow on this day, with the round taking about 4:20. Greens are improving though a few were a bit rough. I harp constantly about how many ball marks remain unfixed on most golf courses and this was no different. I fixed an average of 3 marks on every green, many of those being deep and obvious. If you want to keep greens nice, fix your ball marks. I can see why so many course are going to the new grass that doesn't show ball marks. Bunkers are being worked on and need a lot more. Great practice facility and great course. Well worth the drive.

My first visit but won't be my last

The course is in great shape, everything from the fairways to the greens. Friendly staff, and the pace of play was fantastic. The free range balls are a bonis.

Commented on 11/19/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Commented on 11/19/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club!

We were treated to a complimentary round on veterans day. That says something about how awesome the course management is. I've played here two times and both experiences the staff was always very welcoming and friendly. The course was in awesome shape especially considering the weather and time of the year. The maintenance team did a good job blowing the tree line, greens and tee boxes. Greens rolled true but I had to clean up ball marks from lazy golfers, no problem though. I would like to apologize to the young maintenance worker who I hit with my ball. Lol

Commented on 11/12/2021

A good playable course, not to hard, to easy.

The course was in GREAT shape for this time of the year. I would recommend anyone to go and play it.

Commented on 11/11/2021

Commented on 11/09/2021

Commented on 10/25/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/25/2021

Course was nice as usual. Greens were recently aerated and sanded. Should be back to usual good condition when healed from the aeration.

Commented on 10/13/2021

Commented on 10/08/2021

Greens have disease or insect issues

The course overall was quite nice but the greens are in terrible condition. When we checked in, we were not advised that many of the greens were in quite bad shape with little to no grass on portions of many holes. Also, several sand traps had nothing but red clay in them. Hopefully, they get it all under control in the near future. Insects and worms are a big problem in this county this year.

Commented on 09/17/2021

Our pro shop is happy to provide further detail if you would contact us at 804.590.0031.

Great place to play and very friendly. Course always in great shape. Try their smoke wings best ever!!!

Commented on 09/08/2021

I would do it again

Beside for the pace of play, everything was great. we had a threesome that played ahead of us who had no idea of basic course etiquette — driving on par threes and teeing off several times on each hole. Recommend that they send a Marshall out to monitor pace of play. Greens were slightly worn, but I have seen worse this time of year. I would return to play again.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Lake Chesdin Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Just Great!

Other than the greens needing some work, Lake Chesdin was awesome today!! It may have also been the company, but I enjoyed this day of golf more than I have in a long time!! Just great!!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you so much for the great review and your feedback. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lake Chesdin Golf Club.

Commented on 08/16/2021

Commented on 08/19/2021

Commented on 08/09/2021

Great outing

Family outing - Course played well and provided challenges for all
Course in good shape

Commented on 08/06/2021

Commented on 07/26/2021

5 hr round

I always like playing Lake Chesdin. It is a fair but challenging track. When we booked for 2, it looked like we would be playing with 2 unknowns, no show. good practice facility. Nice putting green. Went to the first tee and nobody showed so we played as a twosome. 4-some in front and 3-some behind. When we reached the 1st par 5 and 3 groups on the tee, bad news. Very slow throughout the round though it did open up a little, there was still a wait on every hole. Never saw a ranger once. Course was in good shape. Greens were a little beat due to golfers not fixing ballmarks properly but were reasonable and rolled well. Fairways were rolling out and in good shape. Traps were decent but could use a bit of work. Course is a bit isolated but well worth playing if you have the time.

Commented on 07/27/2021