Tahoe Paradise Golf Course in South Lake Tahoe, California, USA | GolfPass

Situated within the woodlands of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Tahoe Paradise Golf Course has a hilly landscape covered with towering pines. This short, tight golf course is filled with challenges including tight, narrow fairways and smooth, fast greens. The fairways are also lined with trees and thick cuts of rough and some of there is an occasional sloped green. Tahoe Paradise Golf Course's par-4 holes are said to have severe dogleg fairways and water hazards come into play on two holes. The picturesque scenery provides a relaxing break from the challenges of the golf course. One of the most scenic holes is the par-3 14th with a spectacular view of Mt. Tallac and the surrounding peaks.

Tahoe Paradise Golf Course

Year Built 1960
Golf Season May 01 - October 15
Architect Fred R. Blanchard

Great Value

The course is tight and in pretty good condition. Perfect for newer golfers - staff is as friendly as can be - no complaints about this set up. We recommend the course

Challenging Short Course

Even though the course is 4000 yds., there's a lot of skill involved to "shape" your shot on several holes. The par 3s were short, but very challenging because of the narrow opening to the green. A fun course to test your skills.
The pro shop staff was very friendly and helpful.
Surprised to see gas carts, which were a bit spendy to use at $20/person.

Nice executive course

Challenging due to narrow fairways.
Narrow fairways also make it easy to get hit by a ball like I did!

Commented on 07/07/2022

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

hit with cart fee

thought I had found a decent Hot Deals rate of 95 $ for my wife ad I. I was informed it was walking rate and there was another 20 $ EACH for an old gas cart.

Now the rate was 135 $ for this very short 18 holes. The employee at the desk was friendly and professional, but very frustrating, and cost was too high for this course. Front 9 was GREAT pace, but the course put a tournament out on the back 9 and so the pace slowed to a stop.

Commented on 07/07/2022

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Tahoe Paradise Golf Course!

Don’t waste your money

If you like a cramped course, rednecks in tee shirts and tank tops, dogs riding in carts and pooping everywhere, loud music playing from other carts, then this course is for you. We paid $80 apiece to play a course I assumed would follow the basic golf etiquette, I was wrong. This is a Lake Tahoe area golf course, but that doesn’t mean anything here. If it was half the price we paid, it would still be too much. Go up the road a mile and play a well maintained course that follows the rules of golf etiquette and you will enjoy yourself way more.

Commented on 07/07/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain. We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon.

Great short course

Course plays fast. No need for a cart. Fun and a bit challenging at times.

Expensive for nothing

This course for the price is horrible (IF YOU BOOK THROUGH GOLF NOW). I spent 80 dollars between the app and the actual course because it doesn’t include cart rental even though the app says otherwise. Staff was not understanding of that fact unfortunately. I would never recommend anyone to play here greens were in bad condition, tee boxes equally as bad, course was muddy from over watering.

Commented on 06/14/2022

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Your feedback helps us do better. Thank you for visiting Tahoe Paradise Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

E ticket

Very tight course. Short, but very challenging. Greens were slow in comparison. Not a straight put. Definitely an E ticket for 1st timers.

Great course with a great price

Can’t beat the scenic views of the mountains. Fun challenging course and not an arm n a leg to play. Loved it. Friendly staff as well

Commented on 07/22/2022

This is probably in my top five courses playing, this is right up there with the Mauna Lana in Hawaii

Beautiful course!

Beautiful and challenging course with a lot of up and down elevation and some narrow fairways.

Commented on 08/19/2021

Hi,

we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Horrible Greens

The course is through the trees and kind of fun to play. It's not a very long course, so my wife enjoyed scoring better than she normally does. The greens were horrible. I don't know if they had some type of disease or what, but they were super bumpy and extremely slow. You never knew where your ball was going to go when you putted it.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, Gordy. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Tahoe Paradise Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

South Lake Tahoe, California
Glenbrook, Nevada
Carson City, Nevada
Private/Community
Carson City, Nevada
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe and 2 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood & Gray’s Crossing.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Cedar House Lodge and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Gray’s Crossing & Coyote Moon.
RENO, NV | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Whitney Peak Hotel and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Somerset Country Club & Grizzly Ranch.
SPARKS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Villas at Red Hawk Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Red Hawk Golf Club – Hills & Lakes Courses.
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.