A view of a fairway at UNC Finley Golf Course.

UNC Finley Golf Club

Year Built 1949
Architect Tom Fazio (1999) George Cobb (1949) Tom Marzolf (1999)

Carts Yes - $22

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed

On a College Campus 48

Great course and staff

The staff was pleasant and efficient. The course was in great shape. The greens were just aerated Monday so putting was a little tenuous. The cart girl was great, although I thought $12 for a ham sandwich was a little steep, but it was good. . My visiting friends loved the course too.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hi, u643503115. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Wait 2 weeks as they are redoing the greens

The greens where horrible as they are doing the maintenance with aerating and putting sands. I would avoid this course for at least 10 days if not more.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hello, rilep8. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at UNC Finley Golf Course.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ishbhalla! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Late Morning Foursome

Overall very good experience.
Course conditions were excellent but a deluge the previous day required cart-path only, but our 11:10 AM tee time did not have anybody in front of us, so pace of play was good for our foursome.
Staff can always make or break the experience, and everybody we encountered over the course of the day was friendly and welcoming. I'd left my credit card at home by mistake and clubhouse gentlemen was very patient and understanding as I figured out what payment options I had. Starter was friendly and informative, particularly regarding the courses quirky routing that requires you to play holes 10-11 before making the turn at the halfway house. Beverage girl was very friendly and fun as well, getting to us at least 4 times during our round, making a fine Tito's Transfusion and cheering loudly as one of our group rolled in a coast to coast birdie put on one of the par 3's.
I'd complain about it being a bit too pricey, but if I'm willing to walk, those rates are a bit more affordable. Par 3's on this course are pretty uninspiring.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you for your review, cldasher. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/16/2022

Hi, 65Stingray. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Commented on 05/20/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, cviti! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Bad weather day. Nice course layout

The driving range is mats only. The turn has food and drinks. Restrooms are plentiful. Beautiful course layout. Staff is very friendly and accommodating

Enjoyed the day

Commented on 05/10/2022

Hi, u314162093658. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Commented on 05/11/2022

Hello, Pfields1. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at UNC Finley Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 05/04/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, cwmoore29! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hi, twhite237. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Better Deal than Many Carolina Courses

This course was much more reasonable than Carolina Resort courses. The Finley course was nice, playable by any level and well conditioned greens, A nice course to walk as well.
For me, not quite at the same course quality as many of the Donald Ross options at the Carolina Resorts but way more reasonable value.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello, u278802552. Thank you for visiting us at UNC Finley Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, imwithg0055! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 04/28/2022

Hi, 1Morgan1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Fazi-WHOAH!

What an absolute stunner of a course and pleasure to play. It was my first experience with a Tom Fazio designed course. I was in town for the week to play golf, and UNC Finley did not disappoint. It wasn't peak season yet so the grass was still a little dormant and yellow, but that didn't affect what I thought of the facility. I can't wait to play it again in the future when everything is lush and green. Fantastic tee boxes. Nice, smooth, and fast greens that rolled very true. Tightly cut fairways which added 15 yards to my tee shots. My only complaint would be a minor one. But the sand traps needed a little work, or more sand in some places to be precise. On two bunker shots, my club head hit the liner of the bunker which brought my swing to a screeching halt. Other than that, I can't recommend this course enough. Go play this place if you're in the area.

Commented on 04/28/2022

Thank you for your review, blamege. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice, fun course

My buddies and I are in town for a wedding and had time to golf on Friday afternoon. UNC Finley was a very enjoyable course with fun but challenging holes. The grass was a bit dry and brown which is the reason for the four star rating but still a very fun course nonetheless. The pace of play for a Friday afternoon was very fast, done in just under 4 hours and never really had to wait. Overall a fun course, highly recommend

Commented on 04/25/2022

Hello, u4584484. Thank you for visiting us at UNC Finley Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/26/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, timmy40! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 04/21/2022

Hi, u314160161036. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Commented on 04/18/2022

Hello, u314160786639. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at UNC Finley Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Too early

Just a twosome, but had a great time. Great layout, great staff. The only complaint was that it was too early in the season. The course is still mostly dormant and has not greened up yet. However, we were still charged full price. Once the course conditions wake up, it will be worth the money.

Commented on 04/21/2022

Thank you for your review, u314161616528. We will pass along your experience and feedback to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Golf on any day is good

Bermuda and me before the grass comes up does not work too well. Picking the ball clean becomes a greater challenge. Was thankful for the rough -- what rough there was. Greens were tough today. Course is much better when the fairways have good grass.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Thank you for playing UNC Finley! Spring is a great time to play with warmer temps and longer days, but we are looking forward to some warmer nights that will allow the Bermuda grass to grow and us to come out of dormancy. Look forward to seeing you back at UNC Finley when we’re fully out of dormancy and green wall to wall.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Hello philippians2, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at UNC Finley Golf Course.

Durham, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.