Year Built 1999
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Mini Verde Bermuda Grass
Architect MacCurrach Golf (1999) Craig Schreiner

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in South Carolina (2020 #10)

It's the little things.

To be fair, the course is immaculate. The day we played we were told they had rolled the greens and they would be firm and fast and they were just that. The greens, fairways and tee boxes were in incredible condition and although the course was packed the pace of play was fast. Honestly, the best condition of any course I've ever played and that includes Harbor Town and TPC Myrtle Beach.

So why the 3 stars instead of 5? Simple. When we arrived just behind us was a Bentley. So every single one of the attendants rushed to the Bentley to retrieve that group's clubs leaving us wondering what was going on. Granted, we're not millionaires, but our money spends just like everyone else's money. Couple that with my wife being the only woman on the course and the course not being female friendly all I can do is give it 3 stars.

If you're a member of the "Old Boy's Network" this is your course. However, if you work for a living and are trying to expose your wife, girlfriend or daughter to the game there are simply better courses to spend your money at in Myrtle Beach.

Commented on 04/07/2021

If I was 16 yrs. old I would go to the Bentley first & so would you .You are probably a cheapskate anyway. Review the course, nobody gives a crap that someone did not rush to take your clubs I am sure the course has ladies tees, if not too bad.

Texas Advisor

Absolutely awesome!

I thought this golf course was going to be gimmicky and fake, but boy was i wrong. This was an awesome experience. All 18 holes are different and inspired by famous holes from around the world. For those of us who can't have access to such places, this golf course makes you feel that you're playing at the best of the best of golf. The overall course conditions were immaculate, especially being winter time. Entire course was plush and green and the greens were stunning. The staff was super friendly, especially the starter. If you're in Myrtle Beach, please visit World Tour Golf Links, you won't be disappointed.

First but not the last time playing here

Loved the replica holes. Were they exact, no, but I can still picture it as though I were there playing the original holes. I played Amen Corner at even, so that definitely made it worthwhile. Fairways and greens were immaculate and the staff was great all the way around. I'll be back there in July to play again.

First timer

What a beautiful course!! Not only was this my first time playing this course, this was my first time playing golf in Myrtle Beach, and boy was I happy! I’ve always read about this course and it’s replicas of famous holes from around the world, so I knew I wanted to play this course the first day I arrived. I had a 2:12 tee time originally (landed 9am that morning, wanted to make sure I had enough time) but the starter asked if we wanted to go out an hour earlier! Awesome! The driving range has grass tees and balls waiting there for you. The chipping green and putting green are immaculate . Greens roll fast and true. Even the trim around the hole is beautifully cut. It was those small details that really put the course over the top for me. Fairways were lush. I actually didn’t hit out of a bunker so no opinion there (LOL). Course had a nice flow. Challenging and strategic, but still fun and memorable. Staff was super nice too. Can’t wait to come back again!

Colorado Advisor

Enjoyed Masters and St. Andrews Holes The Most!

Good range and short game practice area close proximity to starting tees.
Friendly staff, except at first did not want to allow us to walk after we had called the pro shop in advance to verify they allow walking. Played in 4 hours no delays. Challenging first hole Winged Foot #18 Par 4, need a long and strategic drive for an ideal approach iron shot to green. Birdied August 15 Par 5 and sand save for par August 16. Love the opening and closing St. Andrews holes. Fairways were still wet from recent heavy rains but still in decent shape, played lift clean and place. Greens were excellent. I will play here again next time in Myrtle Beach!

Commented on 07/01/2020

I meant to say Augusta as in Augusta National Golf Club, not August as in the month!

Fun playing famous golf holes

I really enjoyed this experience. The 18 holes were taken from many famous courses like Augusta, Sawgrass, English Turn, Pinehurst, etc. The holes had a lot of the character of the famous holes they were borrowed from. Round went quick, the facilities were top notch. The course was in surprisingly good shape for December. This is now one of my favorite courses of the last 3 years and I've played about 130 rounds. I will play it again next time in Myrtle Beach.

Incentivized Review

World Golf Tour; Myrtle beach SC

Played many resort courses; never been picked up in the parking lot as I remember.
Staff was excellent.
Course challenging the first time out.
Would recommend highly.

Always in our golf Package

This golf course is easy to sum up in one word, FUN!!! The 100 yard wide fairway of the number 1 and 9 holes on the Open course is awesome. The 17th at sawgrass is challenging. I could play amen corner every day. The golf course was in perfect shape. Greens were fast and smooth. Driving range had balls ready on the range in little golf bags which all courses in golf resort areas should have. The practice area is top notch. Best restaurant of the golf courses we played with a very friendly staff. This course will remain in our package for a 7th straight time in 2021.

Great layout and great conditions. Fun course to play, every hole has a history.

Great place

From drop off to finish they make you feel like a king. I’m well aware the course is a gimmick and yes the holes aren’t exact replicas, but they care pretty darn close. I know a lot of people complain that’s its not exactly the same, but that is impossible to do.The course was in great condition and the greens were super fast. It was a really fun round and I will definitely play it again when I come back

Excellent Course

2nd time playing here and the course was ok last year but was in excellent condition last Friday. It’s a ton of fun to play it’s just a little slow getting around it.

Highly Recommend

This experience was top notch. I have seen some reports of inconsistent maintenance and slow play- but this was really an amazing golf experience for our group. Greens and fairways were immaculate and greens were fast and true. Play moved well for a busy day on the course, staff was very nice and it was a great layout with many recognizable holes. Only negative would be that a few of the tee boxes were a little chewed up but really not too bad. Highly recommend checking World Tour out! I live in Myrtle Beach and this is up there with one of the most enjoyable golfing experiences that I have ever had here. I do have a local passport and got a decent rate- this one never drops down that low on the passport. Totally worth the $$ for this experience.

Tough for first timers

Beautiful well groomed course with lots of water. If it’s your first time playing be prepared to lose a lot of balls since much of the water cannot be seen from the tee box or fairways.

Terrible!!!!

Once again a course in Myrtle fails to tell anyone about the horrific greens. Pure greed on your part for not putting something out on-line, to the hotels, etc. Shame on you! Will NEVER be back. Oh and thanks for no rain checks-not even offered. Social media-remember!!!!

DTF

Wasn't told about the greens

To start, the course is very well done and the holes are recognizable. I've played here before and had good experiences. The staff was also friendly at the course. Saying that, my group was charged full price and not told about the condition of the course when making tee times. The greens were as bad as any course I've ever played that cost more than $20. Most had large sections of ground under repair, as much as 50% of the surface. One was basically unplayable with about 80% of the green brown and without grass. I would have a hard time waiting my time, let alone $80 in non-peak season, to play this course again because I wouldn't trust them to tell me if any of it was unplayable.

Nice Course

Really nice course to play. All the holes on the course are inspired by holes from a lot of the major courses that the pros play on. It doesn't seem to stay as busy though. Could be because of the expensive cost it is to play there when there's a decent cheaper course down the road. If they would come down on the price some they might stay busy like River Oaks down the road.

A Must Play in Myrtle Beach!

Golfed in the morning during the week and the course was fantastic - course conditions were well above others in the area. The mix and match of golf's most famous holes recreated here made this course one of the most enjoyable I've ever played. A must play for any golfer coming to Myrtle Beach!

Great experience!

Had 2 foursomes set up for Friday 3/2/18, 2 of us had flight delays and missed the tee time. The staff rescheduled us for Monday 3/5 before our flight left. They took care of our suit cases and treated us awesome! Course was in great condition, greens were fast and true! Hope we play this course every year! Thank you for making our experience great!

Don't waste your money

I live in Myrtle Beach and have never failed to be disappointed after playing here. There are much better courses in the area. Staff is rude, course is never in great condition. Staff always has excuses for pace of play. Bottom line is after you pay they don't care.

Commented on 05/16/2018

I too have played here each summer for the past several years. Although conditions are sometimes less than expected we have never had a problem with the staff. We are always treated well and you can't beat that cold wet wash cloth after the round on a hot day.

Better Alternatives

Have selected this course for last 5 years as finishing course for annual vacation, tolerating the condescension from inside club house staff, appreciating the helpfulness of outside staff, frustrated at deteriorating course conditions from year to year, only to keep legacy with my son. Yesterday was final straw. $59 + tax per player, (3) in total, $50 photo shoot, 'look down your nose attitude from inside staff', I'm done. Finished. Not going back.
Course conditions are at best marginal, greens very very sandy, No. 4 has sink hole on green, have to play an alternative hole as replacement, pace of play is horrible, jammed, wait, wait, wait...hit, then wait, wait, wait.
Not the course I remember 5+ years ago...would NOT recommend!

4.3719764706
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
SEA ISLAND, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Sea Island and 3 rounds at Sea Island Seaside, Plantation & Retreat Courses.