Blackmoor Golf Club, a Gary Player Signature course, was built on the historic Longwood Plantation, whose heritage as an antebellum rice plantation along the majestic Waccamaw River accounts for much of its charm. The 18 championship holes feature flowing lakes, moss-draped oaks, lofty pines, and ever changing cypress. Attention to detail is noticeable from tee to green. For cold-weather play, the course is kept green from tree line to tree line to give a refreshing view for those from snow-covered northern climates. Unparalleled fairways focus your attention on one hole at a time. Be sure to study Blackmoor's course layout, since several blind shots to the green will challenge your perception.

Blackmoor

Year Built 1990
Greens Bermuda (Tif Warf) Grass
Architect Gary Player (1990)

Single Allowed Yes

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers

Disappointed

Not sure what has happened since the reviews in the spring 2022 but this was a major disappointment. Course was in very poor shape from tee to green with major work being done on 3 of the holes. Staff were friendly but this was not worth the $75 they charged. Would not recommend playing here until some solid recent reviews on course conditions are noted

A MUST PLAY IF YOU ARE IN MYRTLE

Blackmoor. To the point. I have played 159 golf courses; I have a 4 handicap and this is now in my top ten. If you’re from New England, you must play this course. Can’t wait to get back. Mad at myself for not going sooner. I am going to echo some of the other reviews. Great staff, supper friendly and very accommodating. Our reservation got messed up, me them who cares and none of us knew. They made it work, with a smile and a laugh and that was incredible. Thank you too all. Slow? We did not feel it was slow. 4 hours 20 min on a full course and very little waiting. Would I like 3 hours 30 minutes yes but where in Myrtle in April? I played a different course two weeks ago and we left after 12 holes. So it does happen everywhere.
Some things I think have been left out. Grass? No Bermuda type grass. Kentucky style grass tree line to tree line. Wonderful. My wife does not enjoy hacking the ball out of Bermuda type grass. Clubhouse? Great retro throwback to an old New England “club” house. Small quaint and only a few steps from the cart park to the bar when you are going from 9 to 10. Cart Paths? The best I have been on in Myrtle in 5 years! You actually did not want to get off of them. Founders Corp should take a ride over and see what a well maintained cart path looks like. Layout? I loved it. Shot maker’s course. You have to anticipate where Player wanted you to hit the ball. This is not a bomb it course. But it is also not a narrow course. Funky holes? I was warned. It will be a matter of opinion. Yes, there are three you may say why did he do that? But If you keep in mind that the long way around is the right way, they become normal holes. Yes the hill on 16 on the right side got a bit too high in my opinion. Women? Extremely favorable to women. My wife loved it, distances, hazards were well suited for the average women. Only one hole requiring a second shot layup. A low handicap woman would be happy playing from the gold tees. Condo course? Ok on the front there are condos along the fairways, houses as well but there are lots of tree lines to cover and blend in. I have played far worse in Florida. Stay in the fairway and you don’t notice them. Back nine was more isolated and beautiful. Greens? Very nice, quicker than most. Not quite as fast as Wild Wing but close. Readable and no crazy three tier undulated greens. Having never played them I did not three putt.
I would only have two suggestions. There were no first cuts around the greens. Sucks to hit it 6 inches off the green and be in long grass. I think they may have first cuts later in the year. It looked like there is an apron around each green, different color grass. Maybe just not the right time to be cutting it? Drink Cart? We only saw it once in 4 hours. It was a hot day one more cold beer would have been nice. I can live with both of these, just suggestions.

Pace of Play? Joke!

We always book Blackmoor when we're in the area as it's the only course where my wife feels like she truly belongs. The staff at Blackmoor are absolutely second to none. However, when we played on Monday, March 21st we came off the 13th hole and it had been 4hrs and 5 minutes since we teed off. I have played $200 a round courses and $20 a round courses and never experienced anything like it. We, my wife and my son, decided to call it a day as we were staring a 6 hr round directly in the face. The absence of a course Marshall focused on pace made our otherwise exceptional experience one we would like to forget. Perhaps it's just us, as we are rhythm golfers, but waiting up to 20 minutes after each shot to play our next shot is excessive. We expected more, and at the end of the day, deserved more.

Love it

Great layout, course was in terrific shape. As many courses as we have here in MB, this one gets played every dozen rounds or so. If you haven’t teed it up here, do yourself a favor and put it on the short list of “have to play”.

Roger

Beautiful course and layout. Greens and tees were not great. Greens were very slow. Staff was very friendly.

Greens are in good shape!

Read earlier comments that greens were gone. Good news! They are back. Been raining this week so we were cart path only. Greens were in really good shape and well drained. Service was fantastic!

The greens are gone!

For the most part the course is beautiful except for the greens. It was like playing on a concrete surface . No grass at all on any of the holes.

Beginner's Dream!

My wife is a "beginner" meaning she's been playing for about a year, less than 20 rounds, and is still learning the nuance's of the game.

She has never felt "welcome" at any course we've played near our home in SW Virginia. When we decided to vacation in Myrtle Beach we searched for Women Friendly courses and review after review said Blackmoor. To sum it up, Blackmoor did not disappoint!

From bag drop, to check in, through the turn and our round on the course the staff, members and folks on the course could not have made her feel any more welcome. The highlight of our trip was at the turn when her "thumbs up" gesture to the starter was met with a smile and a hug.

I love golf and have been playing for over 30 years and what I want more than anything else is for her to love it as much as I do. If we could play Blackmoor every week, she would.

If you are looking for a place to play that wants your wife, girlfriend or daughter to be a part of the game there's no better place in the Myrtle Beach area than Blackmoor. You can pay more to play at other courses, but you simply won't find one that is more excited to broadening the game than Blackmoor Golf Club.

From the bottom of my heart, a huge THANK YOU! WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

Favorite

This place never disappoints. The staff is always very helpful and friendly. They go out if their way to please. The course is always in great shape and the layout rewards good shots as it should be. Try it you'll like it.

awesome course

was scheduled to play 36 holes but due to rain only played 18....course was cart path only and very wet...but lucky for us we were placed with a local golfer who plays this course every day...i must give kudos for our playing partner Dave...he gave us tips on every hole and guided us through a very challenging course....cant wait to play again,,,staff was excellent

Very nice challenging course

Played this course with my college golfers sons and we had a very nice time. The course was in very good condition, the greens were the most challenging of this course. They were air rated several weeks ago and they were rolling well. This is the most important this to us was the green condition. The rest of the course was in very good condition too, lots of doglegs and risk reward shots available. If you haven’t played it before take a ride down the fairways first, it will help you decide if the risk is worth the reward. $42 at 1pm not bad.

Will play here again.

We were the first group out on a Sunday morning and could not have had a better time. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the course was in excellent shape from the driving range to the 18th green. I enjoyed the mix of hole layouts; I shoot to a 15.1 GHIN handicap and found the course challenging yet still score able even for my handicap. Cost was on the higher end compared to courses in the area, but our 5-some group all felt that we got great value and fun for our money.

This was my third trip to Myrtle Beach and so far I haven't repeated any courses, but I will play this course again!

Too rough around the edges

Course looks old and tattered. Starting with the range. The fairway grass was in bad condition. I didn't like the layout either. Too many blind shots.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
3.6719714286
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.