Beachwood Golf Club in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA | GolfPass

Beachwood Golf Club

Year Built 1968
Architect Gene Hamm

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Clubhouse, Lounge

Decent course needs care

I generally like this course but it definitely needs some work and water. The tee boxes were in poor shape and the fairways were average at best. The greens putted true but were a little slow. Hopefully it will be in better shape by the fall

Commented on 08/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Beachwood Golf Club!

Commented on 08/11/2022

The course was good, but was a poor experience.

Got to the course an hour early in order to hit balls on the driving range. I had fixed my swing for the millionth time and wanted to work the kinks out before playing. There was no guidance upon arrival as to a bag drop, so we ended up carrying our bags up and just setting them down next to the cart barn. I checked in and bought 2 tokens for driving range balls. $6 per token for a mini bucket, total rip off, but I had fixed my swing and wanted to see the beautiful and consistent ball flight it would create. \Walking out of the door one of the guys from the range told me they were closing the range and all I'd be able to hit was maybe some wedges... our tee time was 8:15AM. It wasn't mid day or a twilight round. This is the time when you want your range open because it's the busiest, at least I would think. So nothing more than a PW off the range to warm up. Still haven't been told about carts, so I asked. The staff will get our cart, I was told (which didn't happen until about 10 minutes before we teed off). I was also told there are no carts allowed in the range area. So I have to walk to my bag, get some wedges, walk to the range, grab 2 mini buckets, practice everything inside 150 yards, walk back. Still don't have a cart. All my stuff is just sitting on the ground for almost an hour, no guidance as to what's going on at all. I head in to the grill area to get a gatorade and cool off, about 8:05 I head outside, finally talk to someone who gets me a cart and load up my stuff. My partner and I head to the first tee that is backed up with about 5 groups, so our round was extra long with long waits before each hit. Unless you are already a member there, it seems like you don't exist. Every other part of the round was at least good, if not great. But the experience I had just getting to the first tee box was terrible.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Beachwood is an excellent challenge, the senior gold tees are not much in front of the white amateur tees. There are silver tees but wasn't sure what age they were for. Probably couldn't hurt to help the over 60 crowd out a little, but that being said shooting 86 at age 68 wasn't bad.

Commented on 08/05/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Beachwood Golf Club.

Great place to play

We played here twice while on vacation. It was in above average condition and the staff was awesome. Only recommendation I have is to put some water on the 18 teebox, on the grass. Both times we played I had a hard time getting my tee in the ground. We will be back in a few months to play again!!

Commented on 08/11/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Beachwood Golf Club.

Worthwhile Budget Option

Course was fine. With so many high end options in the area, not on most visitors radar. Gets a lot of local play do to price.

Decent layout with tree lined fairways. Greens were splotchy. Not up to my preference.

Commented on 08/05/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Beachwood Golf Club!

It is what it is

Not gonna bash the place, its just a golf course at the beach. Staying at North Myrtle the only plus to play here is the 2 min drive to our condo. For same money can play much better layouts with a 10 - 15 min drive so thats my advice. I played 3 rounds while on vacation last week of July and by far this was most disappinting. But its a round at the beach this place is what it is.

Commented on 08/08/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Beachwood Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Beachwood Golf Club!

a pleasant experience

By contrast to my previous round here, the course was a joy to play. No waiting to start. The greens were extraordinary. The fairways less so. The heat was still oppressive, but a cart appeared often, with refreshments. The drinking water on the course also made the situation manageable.

Commented on 08/02/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Beachwood Golf Club!

First time golfing at course

Booked a round online for our vacation trip to Myrtle Beach. Course was close to where we were staying and easily accessible. Greens were in good shape and no overly challenging. Some tee boxes were a little rough. Noticed an abundance of weeds on the course which detracted from overall condition. Course layout was enjoyable with a decent amount of water in play. Clubhouse is due for a refresh but the staff was great.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Beachwood Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/08/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Beachwood Golf Club!

nice course, slow, slow, slow

This is a great course. Beautiful carts, ample restrooms, nice fairways and greens. They tell you to wait in the parking lot for pickup, but they don't come. The round started 20 minutes late. Play was so slow that my playing partners gave up after 9. If you have no schedule, this is a great place to play.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Beachwood Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hello John, thank you for visiting us at Beachwood Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Semi-Private/Resort
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Longs, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.