Type Public/Resort

Fairways Tifaway 419 Grass
Greens T1 Bent Grass Grass
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2003) Dana Fry (2003) David Whelchel

Driving Range Yes - 6 (bunker guarded) greens at varying distances
Golf School Academy Yes - "FarmLinks Golf Academy"

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Hunting

Amazing Food 12
Entertaining Clients 24
Group Getaways 23

First time drop

What a drop.....hole #5, the ball falls like rain drops from heaven......and the view couldn't be better! Excellent course, great condition and lots of fun. It was a long drive to get ere but well worth it!

Hidden Gem

The course is a hidden gem of golf around Birmingham. It's in the middle of nowhere on a sprawling property, but it was sure worth the drive.
The fairways were in better condition than the greens at Ol' Colony which I played a few days prior. It was well maintained and very playable despite taking on a lot of rain and being cart path only. That said we finished the round in a little over 4 hours.
Wide inviting fairways allow you to swing away from the tees, and if you get a bit sideways, the main penalty is the additional distance. really tough to hit one OB. The par #'s with huge elevation changes are fun, but so are the variety of scoring opportunities on all the other holes.
Great staff, Nice amenities, and perfectly maintained course make this a must play.

Purcell farms

My son and I have played many courses but enjoyed our game at Purcell above and beyond any thus far! Every employee from groundskeepers to the cleaning crew we're over the top courteous and friendly! We were paired up with a father son team that are regulars and even they made the game more enjoyable. The course itself was well maintained and a treat to play! We plan to return every chance we get!

Virginia Advisor

Best Value in all of Golf

FarmLinks at Pursell Farms is quite simply, the best value in golf I've ever experienced. From the thoughtfully-designed and approachable course to the warm southern hospitality of the staff, Pursell Farms offers a hugely impressive golf outing for way less than you might expect. I got a Hot Deal for $79 yet I felt more pampered than I have on a course costing thrice as much.

Pursell Farms does the little things that make a big difference: chilled apples for free at the turn, coolers and comfy seats on the golf carts, even GolfLogix-powered green readings for each hole as you approach the putting surface. The staff isn't just friendly, but genuinely helpful, giving you the information you need to start your round off right. The practice facilities are as good as any you'll see, with a great short game green separate from the practice putting green. Range balls? Included of course for you to hit off real grass.

But enough about the small stuff, this course offers some big perks too. Namely, it offers a course that is forgiving off the tee and very much scoreable, but no pushover either. The Hurdzan-Fry design is deliberate in showing you where you can miss and still have a good shot to make par. The greens read relatively easily, just enough slope to see the break on every green and the perfect pace.

The course recently completed a thorough bunker renovation and the result is not only attractive but very playable. Sand is of a nice, heavy consistency and all surfaces are well maintained.

The other big draw is the signature par-3 5th hole, a jaw-dropping spectacle that will truly take your breath away. Other highlights are also par-3s: the 7th and 17th. While a lot of the par-4s run together in my mind, there's no bad holes here and enough variety to warrant plenty of repeat rounds. And at this price, playing here again and again is something every golfer could do, and should.

Farmlinks is perfection

Played here with my son, his friend, and one of my buddies. The course was absolutely immaculate. Greens were perfect. Fairways looked like a green carpet. This was my 4th time playing and I will be back before the end of the summer.

Things have changed

One of my favorite courses. Usually always in great shape. This time things have changed. The fairway grass was long with lots of weeds (except numbers 16 and 18, the zoysia was perfect) and the usually fast greens were slow and bumpy. The overall condition was not that of a premium course. It needs a lot of work.. Only 30 rounds this day. It seems the inclusion of all of the other amenities on the property (shooting range, lodging, weddings, cottages) has caused the neglect of the main attraction. Because of the past excellence, I will give it another visit to see if things improve. I hope they do, love this course.

A Must Course To Play

This was my fourth time playing Farm Links. I lucked out and got golf now hot deal that day for $25 but would have paid the $95 listed price. We play some new courses on the Robert Trent Jones trail every year but always have to work in a round at Pursell. Beautiful course with wide fairways.

Worth it.

The course layout is beautiful. The fairways are fairly wide open and the greens roll true. Front nine played really slow but fortunately a few groups only played nine and the back played in 2 hours. A great day and looking forward to returning.

Way overpriced!

Course conditions were ok and the staff were very friendly, but it cost me $200 to play. By comparison I played Ross Bridge the next day for $167. No comparison in the values. I drove an hour from Birmingham to play Farmlinks because of its ranking as the #1 public course in Alabama. It definitely was not worth the drive. The difficulty level of the course was what I would call moderate...wide fairways, mild bunkering...no real wow factor at all. If you happen to be in the neighborhood and can get a rate of less than $75, I would recommend it for play, but don't drive an hour to get there, and don't pay more than $75. I feel that I was taken advantage of. As a single I could not book a tee time online; I had to call the pro shop. I travel a lot and play a lot of top level courses, and I was shocked when they rang up the price. Also, the famous par 3, #5, was a severe pain in the butt. We spent 30-40 minutes on that hole as we waited for two foursomes ahead of us to play it. What a terrible design! Great for photos but extremely poor for keeping play moving. I have seen similar holes that did not delay play the way that one does. All in all a very disappointing and costly experience.

17 Holes, Lots of Divots on Greens, Very slow

The total experience was a letdown. To charge full price to play 17 holes with tons of course work going on was not ok considering other courses are less and in better shape. Staff was friendly enough. Our cart ran out of gas and had to be switched out after 10 holes. The course runs behind because of the par 3's, they are the best part of the course, but it takes a lot of time for many to play them. we played in 5 hours and 30 min due to a several group back up ahead of us.

Excellent Course

It’s winter time and time for course maintenance and that is understood. A few holes are closed for bunker maintenance but no worries, the staff allows you to play a couple other holes to make up for it. The driving range, putting green, and chipping green are in excellent shape and included in the total price to play. Electric carts with GPS are great! Sports bar, formal dining and an Inn if you want to stay the weekend. Too many amenities to mention. Oh yeah, did I mention the bent greens are super fast!!!

Course repair

Would be nice to know while making reservations that all holes were not open due to course repair. They have been reworking bunkers for awhile and when making a tee time you need to inform us

Excellent experience!

Old Cliche, you get what you pay for and this was well worth the money. Don’t like paying that much to play but what a splurge for a poor golfer like me.

Amazing

Easily one of my favorite courses I’ve ever played at

Good round

Great shape considering time of year.
18th was under repair so we played 1 twice.
Bunkers under repair. Will definitely be back to play.
Wonderful staff and layout.

Columbiana, Alabama
Pelham, Alabama
Chelsea, Alabama
Birmingham, Alabama
3.7119411765
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Value Golfer experience.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Ross Bridge Golf Club and Oxmoor Valley Golf Club - Ridge & Valley Courses.
MONTGOMERY, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel at Capitol Hill and 3 rounds of golf at Capitol Hill Golf Club - Senator, Legislator, & Judge Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.