Style Desert/Traditional

Located in the desert just north of Phoenix and Scottsdale, the golf course at Quintero Golf Club is a challenge but with up to as many as nine tees per hole, it can accommodate golfers of all different abilities and handicaps. The rolling, desert terrain of the course features dramatic elevation changes for interesting play. The golf course's design has wide fairways and plenty of water hazards and sand bunkers. The most difficult hole is the par-5 8th hole, which plays uphill with three large bunkers alongside the right side of the lay-up area. Another difficult but noteworthy hole is Quintero Golf Club's third, which has a scenic lake to the left that sometimes tricks golfers into playing close to it with their tee shot for an easier second shot to the green.

Quintero Golf Club

Architect Rees Jones (2000) Steve Weisser (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.

Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Amazing Food 31
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 120

Get ya phone ready

Beautiful layout, lots of elevated tees (pretty much every par 3 is elevated), incredible views of the surrounding desert landscape. You'll find it hard not to try and take a picture on every hole. Worth the hr or so drive from phoenix (depending where you are). The drive from the clubhouse to the no 1 tee is literally ten mins but helps to build the suspense. Fairways and tee boxes immaculate, some dry spots on edges of greens maybe they lost some of the grass over the summer. Very challenging, greens were SUPER fast and hard but pretty receptive on short iron shots. Bunkers fluffy with white sand and have fun trying to stop the ball on the greens out of them. Definitely a MUST play if you are in the phoenix area, maybe the best course you can play in all of arizona at least in my experience and probably one of the top 100 in the country. Winter rates are pretty high but in the summer I was able to find a hot deal around 40 dollars.

Troon Golf at its best. Everyone there was helpful and glad to see me. The course is incredible. Little bit of an odd layout, but just a blast to play. Fantastic greens. Fast and true. It is a tough golf course. I played the Copper tees and it was still a 126 slope. Well worth it if you can snag a Hot Deal.

Beautiful layout

We loved this course, it’s way out in the desert with loads of interesting elevation and vistas. The conditions were excellent, the layout was challenging but not unfair, just a really great course that you would absolutely go back to, and you don’t mind paying exorbitant green fees.

Great course, beautiful landscapes, good driving range with real grass, which is really well taking care off. Would definitely go back.

Best of Arizona desert golf

One of my favorite courses to play. Just immaculate and had a lot of fun.

Stay and Play

We had a great time staying and playing in the executive loft with the pool table. This would be a great room for 4 to stay and play a few rounds. The course is beautiful, in great shape, and off the beaten path so it feels exclusive and private. The flowing water on a few holes was gorgeously worked into the natural landscape and made for a beautiful hazard. Brian made sure our accommodations were comfortable and our golf was fun. The two things I would improve is tee time communication and the food on the course. There was a frost delay so our tee time was moved up, with the expectation that we would end up playing about the same time as our originally scheduled tee time. We got to the practice facility more than 1 hour ahead of our originally scheduled time, expecting we would have time to warm up. We were told people ahead of us didn’t show up and we were up next, with absolutely no time to warm up. I think this could have been communicated better. It would have been fine if we were told this would be our new tee time, we could have planned better and shown up earlier to warm up. The way it worked out, we unfortunately felt quite rushed when we thought we were showing up over an hour early. If we didn’t show up an hour early we could have missed our tee time completely because of the miscommunication. Again, the course is gorgeous though and worth the trip. My elbow was hurting and I didn’t play well, but we plan to come back injury free and enjoy the course more! The food on the course is quite lackluster, so if you are able to cook in the stay and play room that may be a better choice. Although, the corn hole, and resident donkey entertained us at the BBQ station!

Pro shop worker was horrible!

Pro shop worker would not give public safety rate, after we were told over the phone that they would give it, just let them know when you check in. So that was the start of a bad experience! Next we check in for our 1:20 tee time and go to the practice range. There were no areas to hit from because of all the people there. Then had to wait on balls after the players finished off the crate of balls. Next we were informed that there was a frost delay and out tee time was moved to 1:45. Well we finally got off at 2:10! They charged us $275 and we only got 13 holes in! We were on a 5 1/2 hour pace!, and had to stop because of darkness. The starter said there was two course Marshall’s, but we never saw one. The group in front of us was drunk, and playing music so loud you could here it 500 yards away! Again nothing done about pace and loud music! Not the golf experience that I expected at such a high priced course! Course is beautiful, but I was not able to enjoy it!

Awesome course & setting

This is superb quiet beautiful course not to be missed‼️

Shot makers track

Didn’t score well but still enjoyed the course. Design and environment is unmatched. Greens didn’t really seem to hold shots that at most courses usually stick for me but that’s ok. Course looked a little distressed or maybe I was just expecting a more for the what the greens fees are. I would love to play this a couple times each year but the value isn’t there for the $200+ they charge.

Great challenging course. Beautiful vistas

I would not recommend this course for higher handicaps.
Definitely worth the drive from Scottsdale for us.

Nice course in the middle of no where

Didn’t play well, but enjoyed the course. Will come back soon.

Unbelievable

The course conditions and layout are spectacular. This is the best course I’ve played in Scottsdale, including some big name places. The course is not easy but a fun challenge. Greens are lightning fast and roll pretty true. The staff were great. 100% recommending this place to anyone I talk golf with. Can’t wait to come back.

The most beautiful golf course I have ever played. All the par 3 holes are magnificent. Would love to play again but exorbitant price will prevent that.

Elevation changes and views smoke anything in Scottsdale

Conditions were great for overseesding being recent. I would definitely recommend playing up a box for the next month due to fairways being super soft and so many uphill approaches. Tough to score when you hit your drive well and are consistently hitting hybrid-5 irons into average par 4’s haha. Greens were running out all day and seemed to be at peak season speed.

Great course and will definitely play again. The weather was not good the day we played - windy and rainy so it was not as enjoyable. Definitely recommend the course to others

Peoria, Arizona
Peoria, Arizona
Sun City West, Arizona
THE PALM BEACHES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Seagate Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Seagate Country Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and 4 rounds of golf at Lookout Mountain Golf Club, Quintero Golf Club, Papago Golf Course, & The Phoenician Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at your choice of Gila River Hotel & Casino - Wild Horse Pass or Harrah's Ak-Chin Hotel And Casino and 3 rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club, Whirlwind Golf Club (Cattail or Devil's Claw Course) & Longbow Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Lookout Mountain Golf Club, Whirlwind Golf Club (Devil’s Claw or Cattail Course) & Golf Club of Estrella.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Boulders Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Troon North Golf Club Pinnacle Course, The Boulders South Course and North Course.