A spring day view from The Resort at Glade Springs

Surrounded by the hills of West Virginia, the Woodhaven Course at Glade Springs Village looks out across the Glade Creek Gorge. It has a unique design with two distinct nine-hole loops, one that overlooks the gorge and tumbles across a series of swales and one that winds through a narrow valley, twisting through mature forests filled with maple, beech, hickory, and oak trees. Natural rock gardens and colorful rhododendrons add even more beauty to the course. One of the toughest holes is the par-4 eighth, which calls for a carry over a ravine. Though the playing area is wide, the hole sharply doglegs left and features a difficult second shot no matter how much you can cut off the tee.

Glade Springs Village - Woodhaven

Year Built 2010
Golf Season Year round. High Season: March - November

Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Golf attire is strictly enforced.

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Skiing

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in West Virginia (2020 #3)

Challenging layout

This is a great mountain layout with terrific scenery. Pick your tres wisely and enjoy the challenge

Outstanding Mountain Golf

Top notch mountain golf here at Woodhaven, 1 of 3 courses at the Glade Springs resort. Extreme topography with many blind approaches depending on location in fairway. In very good shape, doesn’t look like it gets much play. Every bit the 133 slope from the white tees. Love this stuff!!!

Excellent layout

Played the blue tees at 6500 yards. A lot of forced carries over 225 at this range. Elevation changes really shorten the Par 3s and allow for 2 drivable Par 4s. Staff was great, scenery was excellent, and it is well worth the price.

Long par 4’s

Multiple long par 4’s. For example, hit a perfect drive on one and still had 220 to the green.

Hidden Gem!

One of my favorite courses to date! Absolutely gorgeous and well maintained course!!! Very difficult as I played by myself and was my first time, the different elevations and tiers of the greens make it incredibly difficult! I absolutely love this course and plan to be back again this year!!! Highly recommended

One of the best & hardest course in WV

Course is a beast- but an absolute beauty!!! Considering it's price point- I'm convinced it's one of the better values in all of golf- that said- some crazy lawsuit battle is going on & they aren't allowed to sell any food or beverages at Woodhaven- some quarrel with the main resort. The main resort did run over some beers to us- which was super appreciated- but they need to figure that out sooner rather than later. Overall 100% worth it great course in Excellent shape- you'll be hard pressed to hit your handicap here- JP

Mountain golf with fall foliage

Beautiful venue,
mountain golf course
Some spectacular par three holes.
You must keep the golf ball in fairway.The pro shop warned against looking for golf balls in woods. Copperhead snakes.
There are a lot of blind shots that if you hit in to rough you could lose your golf ball on what you thought was a good shot
I suggest playing forward one set of tees. I am a 12 index and played the white tees and it was enjoyable yet challenging round
The number one handicap hole on front nine is really tough.
8000 steps using a cart and following 90 degree rule on fairways.
I would definitely play this course again.

Challenging course.

Woodhaven is a very challenging, mountainous, picturesque course. Not for your high handicapper or short ball hitter. Some turf maintenance issues are developing on tees, fairways and greens. Many players are Not fixing digits which is unfortunate.

Majestic course all to myself

A bit worried driving up as not many cars were in parking lot.

10:30 tee time and staff told me nearest group teed off -an hour before me. Didn’t catch them until hole 11.

Very challenging course, be prepared to lose golf balls. Beyond that beautiful scenery and landscape of course. Greens were decently maintained but could have been better.

If I ever make my way to West Virginia again I will seek out this course.

Great tight course visually beautiful

Course was path only from previous day, but in good condition, considering recent weather conditions. Course is beautiful, but can be visually intimidating. Focus on landing areas and keeping ball in play in key. Very enjoyable course

Bring your A game

Played here with a group of 20 guys on a golf trip. Course is in excellent condition with severe changes in elevation. Scenery was absolutely breathtaking. I would only recommend this course for accomplished golfers. If you have never broken 100, this course would be very frustrating and you would lose a ton of balls. Course has deep traps (with eyebrows), punishing rough, forced carries of over 100 yds. I would not hesitate to return. It is a real test of your golf skill

Sgood courses, mysterious thefts

Last year one of our 16 had a new box of balls stolen from his gear over night. This year my hundred dollar sunglasses were missing overnight from my gear. Besides looking in lost and found, the staff did nothing.
Courses are great and diverse. Challengibg but dont trust staff anymore

played Cobb cpurse

Actually played the Cobb course due to the course I reserved a tee time for opened on 1 april. Staff immediately offered the cobb course as an option. Cobb was excellent for early season play. The staff was very polite and accommendating. I will defintely return to play this course again

Phenomenal new course for us

As a golf course reviewer, I rated this course as 9 1/2. The layout, condition, topography and wonderfully designed holes provided a memorable experience. The only hole I critiqued negatively was number eight. It should have an area of fairway below the green to provide a safety net for less advanced golfers.
The gentleman who checked us in was more cordial as we prepared for a second 18 than he had been upon our arrival at 8:15 in the morning when we sensed that we were interrupting his morning rituals.

Overall an awesome day! Thanks.

Excellent weather

Worth Playing

This is a great course that was in great condition. To enjoy the course the most, you have to pick the sei of tees that fir your skill level, as there are several holes with significant carries from the wrong tees. Although this was my first time st this course, I played with someone who knew the course, which was a big help. We were the first group off in the morning and played in 3 1/2 hours. I will definitely come back to play here again.

Tough course

This course is not for the faint of heart. I am not a very good golfer but I enjoyed the experience. You have to keep the ball in front of you. If you miss the fairway you can kiss the ball goodbye so you better bring a good supply with you. The course is in an isolated part the Glade Springs development, so it is a peaceful, quite and scenic golfing experience. If you get upset looking for your ball, either hit it straight or just enjoy the woodland experience. I played poorly but enjoyed the course and my playing companions.

Great course, friendly staff

For all the rain the area has received, the course was in great shape. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Great course!!

It was wet when I played so pace of play would be expected to be slow when cart path only. Course was still great. Greens were still fast. Just not the best day to be golfing for certain. I will be back when it dries out a bit and should find a great challenge!! Staff were great!

Good weather

WoodHaven got its name correct

Absolutely stunning course. The night before it had rained heavily off and on for a few hours and I was skeptical of the tee time I had the next morning. I had spent the night there after a long drive and enjoyed the delightful breakfast buffet. After a full plate of food, I embarked on the 2 mile drive through twisting roads with plenty of dips, a foreshadow to the course I was about to enjoy.

After arriving, checking in and asking for some advice, I was ecstatic to hear that besides the duo that just tee'd off, I was the only golfer for 3 hours. Knowing this, I took my time and warmed up on the chipping green, putting green on site. After being warmed up, I bought a bottle of water and a powerade and had the cooler on the cart filled up with ice. In addition to the cooler, the card had a club and ball cleaner.

The course:
The course was every bit of a challenge I had hoped for. I was travelling from Chicago and wanted to see rolling hills, cliffs and more.. I was not let down. Every hole I thoroughly enjoyed, especially 14 and 18. I had made a joke to my friends over social media that I am playing on the Wii Golf course. This course to me, was simply unreal. My only complaint would be that due to the heavy rainstorm the night before, the course was real soggy in some spots, but other spots it was perfect conditions.

After the first 9, i grabbed a quick bite. Some of the better concession food I've had especially considering this was off the main resort area.

Daniels, West Virginia