Style Parkland
Beamish Park Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1963
Architect Henry Cotton (1963)

Dress code No tracksuits, denim jeans, football/rugby/cricket replica tops or shorts, trainers, sports shorts/trousers tucked into socks.

Bar

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities

Billiards

2nd Visit. 1st Summer Season.

Course in beautiful condition. Especially considering the crazy amount of rain beforehand. Lovely course. Challenging walk!
The only other 2 groups on the course at the time were so incredibly slow vs me a single player. No on infront of them or behind me.

But that's not against the course.

Bally singh

Great testing course played quite a lot of courses this one is among the best will be back

Lovely place

Beamish golf course is set in the most beautiful woodland with great wildlife.
Course is in good nick apart from one or two greens with slight blemishes.
Very hilly course
You need to look very closely for yardage
Overall stunning course

beamish park

outstanding to pay just 12 pound to play this course was a treat greens were slow but fair downside was the wind but overall i had a good round shooting a round of 90 handicap 21 so thanks again to beamish i will be playing again very soon

North Easts Best

This is the best course i have played in years and absolute perfect blend of long and challenging holes.
It's feature holes are stunning and the condition was flawless. It was a challenging walk and i'd highly reccomend getting a buggy.

Excellent well matured course

We had a great afternoon at this course. We teed off at 2:30pm nobody behind us nobody in front of us, we thought something was up. But once we played a couple of holes we could not understand why more people were not out but there loss. A good test of endurance rather than your golf game a buggy is highly recommended as me and my friend in our late 30s are quite fit but we're exhausted at the end. Only downside was the clubhouse was closed by the time we got back so we could not enjoy a drink that was 6:30pm.

Never mind though we payed £12 and we would of payed double to go again.

Nice, tough course

A really good test, well thought out holes which require a bit of accuracy off the tee and excellent greens which were playing very quick due recent lack of rain. A lot of hills to keep the fitness levels up while walking too, will play here regularly from now on.

Average

I have drove past this course on a number of occasions but never played it. To be honest i was dissapointed with the condition, especially the greens and tee boxes. Putting was nearly impossible due to the poor greens and the tee boxes were basically cut into the fairways and realy rough. I lost total interest in keeping a card after 6 holes as the course played so badly. I dont know if it was a seasonal thing but i played 4 different courses in 4 days and Beamish was the worste by some distance. The staff and facilities were excellent, just gutted the course wasnt as good, and i hate saying that.

Enjoyable round of golf

Very friendly staff who were more than accommodating for new golfers. Very impressed with the general cleanliness and impressive quality of the course

New Favourite Course

I come to the NE three times a year to visit my dad for a week at a time and play golf at his course nearly every day. Unfortunately his course was closed due to ongoing work so we looked further afield and found Beamish Park. Could not have been happier.

I play in Fife 3/4 times a week and play for my Club Team so get to play at a lot of good courses. This is without a doubt the most interesting course I have ever played. Every hole seems to have something a little special or quirky to it. It's actually quite nice to get a straightforward par 3 every now and again. Then you get to the 4th and the 15th which I could just play over and over again. Just Superb.

We were a mixed group from ages 11 up to 73 (3 generations out together, Fantastic). Handicaps from Single figures up to 24. All managed to get round with no problems, even though it is a very hilly course. We all had tired legs at end of day. Any doubts at all, get a buggy.

As a last recommendation all I can say is that my Dad is thinking of moving membership here next year, and I am praying that he does.

They said there was 5 temporary green which turned out there was 7 some off the tee boxes where not in use.
Some of the fairways still have water on them from last week which I was told in the pro shop.
I still enjoyed playing there just have to pick a better day

Excllent course

Very challenging course in excellent condition

Poor weather

Fun

Very nice course, But played on the wrong day as it rained start to finish. But the course was set up well. But had to be careful on the slops in the wet. Will return and play it again. In the dry.

Chester-le-Street, Durham
Chopwell, Gateshead
Heworth, Gateshead
Consett, Durham
Houghton-le-Spring, City of Sunderland
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 7 nights' accommodations at The 5* Old Course Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Old Course, Jubilee, Crail, Carnoustie, Dumbarnie Links and Kingsbarns.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.