Cobblestone Park Golf Club in Blythewood boasts 27 championship holes. Formerly known as the University Club, the course hosts the University of South Carolina's golf teams. The holes are divided into three unique nines. The Garnet nine is the second longest of the three but it can feel quite lengthy thanks to the variety of elevation changes. The rolling terrain characterizes the golf course and adds to the diversity of the layout. Some of the highest points in Richland County can be found throughout, making the round as scenic as it is challenging. Strategically placed bunkers frame the greens and there are towering oaks and pines looming above the fairways. The tough layout will force you to use every club in your bag but the generous and inviting landing areas offer some respite.

Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995) CE Golf Design

Clubs No

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes. For members only.
Dress code No blue jeans, cut off shorts/collarless shirts. Gentlemen are asked to keep all shirts tucked in at all times.

Tennis

Nice course lots of challenging holes

The course was in good shape. Went at 530 as a single so pace of play was good. Very challenging layout

Commented on 05/27/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Best Reasonably priced Experience

Best course, best price, best pace of play, best challenging course. Greens and fairways in the best state. Some Tee boxes need good drainage after a wet day.

Commented on 02/09/2021

Chilly Day but Still Had a Great Time!

Temperature in the 40's, wet, no sun and I still had a great time! Course was in good shape even with the awful weather lately. Everyone affiliated with the course that I interacted with was outstanding, cart guys, starter, pro shop and even the guy that let me in the building when I went to the wrong door! I cannot wait to return when the temps are better and the grass is green!

Commented on 02/09/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 01/18/2021

Hi,David. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 01/06/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 04/14/2021

Course was in great condition for December. Definitely worth it to play here!!

Commented on 12/15/2020

My favorite course of the many I have played in SC. Difficult course with a lot of different elevations. Deserves a full five star rating. However, it was wet when we played due to recent rain and the course was cart path only.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Hello and thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 12/15/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for the 5 star rating!

Commented on 12/15/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Got to the course they met us with carts in the parking lot putting our bags on the carts gave us 2 carts for 2 people due to covid which was great and at no extra charge course was in excellent condition and enjoyed the round friendly staff and great layout

Great layout wide fairways and receptive greens. I'll definitely be back.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review! We're glad you enjoyed your round and we hope to see you again soon. We appreciate you choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

The greens were a bit slower than usual for the stone.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi msmothers, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5 stars. We aim for a great golf experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club and come back soon!

Always a great time

Course was great and staff always friendly. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. Keep up the great work.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you for your 5-star feedback & recommendation, steve3625698! We're so you enjoyed your round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi Van6122083, thanks for the 5-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi MTFitz5, thank you so much for the 5-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Overpriced, but good course

I’ve grown up in Columbia and have heard a lot about cobblestone, my expectations were high and I was disappointed with the service. Waited in the pro shop for 15 minutes to check in while the only other two guys in The pro shop (one behind the desk right in front of me) had a conversation. I’ve never felt more invisible. Just sitting on the other side of the desk while two guys carried they’re convo on for 15 minutes. Grass clippings were not scooped from the fairway. Wouldn’t say this course is worth $65

Commented on 08/31/2020

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback uscgolfnut, however, we truly apologize for any poor customer experience on behalf of our staff. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. We will make note for necessary improvements and hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a better round soon.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thanks for your 5-star review, u314160381001! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round, and we appreciate you choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Great layout, recently aerated greens

Full disclosure, they did notify me of an aeration alert before booking. I’ve never seen such a thick topcoat of sand after a green being aerated. So it wasn’t really worth even putting. I also played early so the dew mixed with the sand probably made it worse. That said, super fun course layout. I played from the championship tees and that made every par 5 unreachable and most par 3s over 180. I really enjoyed the challenge. I’d love to play again with normal greens. Seems weird to punch them in late June.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Hi cmathe10, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused by our recent aerification during your round. Our team works hard to keep the course up to par, but we appreciate your understanding of our necessary maintenance. Your feedback has been shared with our team for any future improvements, but we're glad to hear you still enjoyed the day with us! We hope we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, JOHN7628305! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Columbia, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodation Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Fazio, Hills and Jones Courses at Palmetto Dunes, and Country Club of Hilton Head.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Sea Pines Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Heron Point, Atlantic Dunes at Sea Pines Resort, Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National.